Searching for GUI, Coders, Sound and More!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
lovebby
Regular
Deviantart: lovebby

Searching for GUI, Coders, Sound and More!

#1 Post by lovebby »

Hello everyone! I've always tried tackling projects in the past by myself with occasional help form the forums, but this time I'm looking for a supporting team!

The storyline is almost done, and I'm moving onto the script! I'm going to be working on mockups and descriptions for the things I need help with on.

*The game will be in a medieval fantasy era, mostly in a forest with very earthy, fun and a little silly sometimes, upbeat kind of feel! This is what I'd like to stick with in all elements below!

I'm currently planning on a male/female MC (may switch to just one, depends on further devolpment!)
The MC is living alone and isolated, focusing on whatever hobbies (You can choose one or two in the beginning) and trying to simply live their life. When the kingdom is slowly losing their lands to monsters and other outward forces, every citizen of the kingdom is called upon to pull their lives away from danger again! How will MC deal with these new changes in life, and with so many more visitors?

I'm pretty terrible with summaries, aha. But there's a basic premise! The story can have romance with certain characters, though will not be the entire story by a longshot. It skims very closely to an RPG, and will have lots of gameplay!

I'm actually pretty bad at titles, so a logo maker will probably come last, or be possibly be able to idea bounce with me for a good name.

GUI:
Work on Menu, GUI for screens like Preference, Quitting and Return and the like! If you can work together with a coder for battle and inventory screens, this could be amazing!
*will have mockups once I find someone I like! I have just about no 'good' experience in GUI. I've tried making a few screens here and there and they are atrocious, so please know this when I hand out the mockups, you can arrange things about and have a good amount of free reign as long as the basics are there!

Composer & Music:

I really like original music! This is of course a free position, so I realize I cannot be too picky really! If you have some pieces you think fit well, we can definitely talk! I don't know much more about music then a few years in elementary-middle school flute, so please keep in mind when working with me!

I would really like however, it to have a bit of folksy, fun and maybe a bit of fantasy feel to it! Very light in tone. Do not want anything modern!

Sounds/Voice Acting:

I'm quite sure I'm not going to have Voice Acting, I don't even know where to start really! But if anything, I'd love to have little phrases maybe!
In between Sounds and Voice Acting, I'd love to have things like Animal/Monster Sounds! We can discuss more about this in detail.

Coders:

There will be an inventory and simple battle mechanism. I know the codes are there in the cookbook, though I like to tweak some things and that's where a coder could very much come in handy! Some help with transforms and some atl would be very helpful! I tried dabbling with that a will ago, and the characters literally flew off the screen aha. If at all possible, leaving #notes on certain things so I have an idea what things are doing, but this is not needed as much!

Concept Artists
I plan on doing the main artwork, but it could help to have some concept artists! I need a lot of help with backgrounds mostly! I can give descriptive text and concept artists can come up with ideas and compositions to help out!

Idea Bouncers
Idea bouncers are just always well to work with! Communicating my ideas and story line always helps find any loopholes, inconsistencies and generally helps generate ideas to better the story and its characters.

Feel free to post below or message me, and I can answer all questions and we can continue from here!

lovebby
Regular
Deviantart: lovebby

Re: Searching for GUI, Coders, Sound and More!

#2 Post by lovebby »

Still searching for all positions!