Islamic Media looking for artists

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
maricore
Regular

Islamic Media looking for artists

#1 Post by maricore »

So Islamic Media is a visual novel making team.
currently we have a shortage on artists, and we are like in really tight need for them.
our current project is (The Heart Of An Eve)
its a sci-fi/fantasy visual novel that talks about a prince named Vincent who was kidnapped and turned to a cyborg, now he is on a journey to the soul of life to grant him one wish, to become human again. <---- (roughly explained)
currently we have only one artist who makes sprites.
and we are in real need for a background artist.
the bg artist will be doing both scifi architecture bgs and fantasy themed bgs (magic forests, old temple...etc)
we also need a CG artist, our project will have a respectful amount of CGs.
and lastly voice actors.
we have over 10 characters in the game, so yeah. 5 females, 6 males, for now. main characters are already places. side characters are the ones that might add the number.
and also, u have to have an art style similar to this (to avoid the game looking separated and inconsistent because of two different art styles)
Attachments
jacob shade test.png

Miya Moo
Regular
Projects: Truth Unveiled
Organization: Maple Leaf Studio
Tumblr: miyarishirou
Deviantart: ladymiyarishirou

Re: Islamic Media looking for artists

#2 Post by Miya Moo »

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think the reason you haven't gotten any responses is because of your studio name.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

Miya Moo wrote:I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think the reason you haven't gotten any responses is because of your studio name.
There's also just the fact that BG and CG artists are hard to come by, especially for free projects.

Maybe it's just me, but it wasn't the name that turned me off from this, it was just the fact that my skill set isn't useful here.

Mythee
Tumblr: punsmythee
Deviantart: mythee

#4 Post by Mythee »

On the contrary to Miya's comment, the unique name made me curious and drew me in. 'Is it an Islam-related game? Why'd they name themselves after a religion?' And all that. However, Miya does actually give good advice in that naming your studio after an entire religion is a bit of a risky move. Regardless of possible prejudiced folks (you don't want them as collaborators anyways so ha,) everyone is going to expect the game to be centered around preaching or teaching about that religion, which is far from what your studio is trying to accomplish from what I can see. (For example... would "Mormonism studio" sound like a team producing original sci-fi work, like you are? Probably not, right? You'd probably think it's about Mormonism, and move on. It's like calling a studio producing first-person shooters 'Love Bullet Studio'... I mean, I get it, bullets are involved, but it's misleading because it sounds like a romance game studio.)

I mean, from the sound of the character's name (Jacob) and project name (The Heart Of An Eve) you're doing a take on Abrahamic religious mythology in a sci-fi setting, which is really cool?! Like Evangelion, which is super widely celebrated.

Another suggestion, this time that probably actually means something, since you definitely didn't ask anyone for advice about naming productive teams (oops sorry): Maybe you should precise the other roles you need in the title instead of just 'artists'.

I hope you'll be able to finish your game, it looks cool >O