⁂ light my soul ⁂ BG & GUI artist!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Asphodel Kioku
Projects: Zodiac Axis.

⁂ light my soul ⁂ BG & GUI artist!

#1 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

light my soul

{ Romance, Fantasy, Otome }
Aria Melanie is a lone girl made somber by her parents’ deaths; her only joy comes through playing the piano. The rich sound of the piano ramifies her with images of her deceased parents she so wishes to be with. But, they must be in Heaven, and there is no such place… Is there?

“I’ll be the light when you’re lost on your way. May your soul rest  eternally in peace.”
⁂ Aria Melanie ⁂
| 18 years old |

A girl whose happiness is communicated purely through the piano. Her heart is heavy and somber from her parents’ deaths and yearns to be reunited with them once again. She is honest and pure, despite her quiet nature.
⁂ Akira ⁂
| 20 years old (human) |

Contrasting to his name’s meaning, he is shady and he seems to know Aria well. In fact, he may know her a bit too much for her comfort. Although he likes to tantalize with his words, his actions are all genuine.
⁂ Yoru ⁂
| 19 years old (human) |

Rendered mute from his experience in the past, he now has a mask over him to hide his scars. Even now after living for so many years, nothing has changed and his past still haunts him eerily. Is there anything that can be done?
⁂ Kou ⁂
| 19 years old (human) |

Talkative and sociable, it’s easy to get along with Kou. No matter what situation he is in, he can always go through it with a cheerful smile. But, his heart is in a scarred state that can never be healed…
FEATURES
Completely free-to-play.
Three love interests.
Six endings.
About 60,000 words.
10 CGs.

Open roles
Background artist Basically, the responsibility is to make the game's backgrounds. Since it is a rather secluded setting, there will not be many backgrounds that are needed for this game. I'm assuming that most backgrounds will have two to four variations, maybe. It depends on the setting. The resolution of the backgrounds should be 1720*720.

GUI artist I am looking for somebody who can use graphics to create thematic screens for the game. This includes the basic screens- the main menu, save/load, preferences, quit, text-box, and choices. Plus, a CG gallery screen. Color scheme and prominent objects will be discussed privately!

Programmer This job is not needed until all the assets are done, but if a programmer applies early, then I will give weekly/biweekly updates. The job consists of using the Ren'Py engine to program and port the visual novel, which will be released for Windows, Mac, and Linux (maybe mobile as well?)

Other If you have any other skillsets, such as voice acting, video editing, translating, etc., I will be happy to consider you in.
Contact me.

1. Send me an email to phodelkioku@gmail.com. (this option will get you your fastest reply)
2. Private message me on this site.
3. Reply to this thread.
Please make sure to include some of your previous or mock samples of your work in your email, private message, and/or reply to this thread! I hope to be working with you soon!
Final note: This game is based off of a game that a friend of mine had started and was never able to finish. The names are modified and their backgrounds are a bit different, but otherwise it's similar. I really hope to get this done and a reality, so any help offered will be really great! Also, you will not be paid for your work because this game will be distributed for free, but you will be shown in the credits once the game is released.
Last edited by Asphodel Kioku on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: ⁂ light my soul ⁂ lots of roles!

#2 Post by Lucky1443 »

Sent you a email :3
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

ataxia

#3 Post by ataxia »

I've sent you an email :)

sumoner1205
Completed: store.steampowered.com/app/521420/Bunka_no_Kenkyu__Revival_of_Queen_Leyak/
Github: zzTeaTimezz

#4 Post by sumoner1205 »

read my application in your mail :D

Asphodel Kioku

Re: ⁂ light my soul ⁂ BG artist & composer!

#5 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

Hello, friends!

I appreciate the many applications that have come to me, especially as a sprite and CG artist. I apologize if I have not been an active responder, but I can say with honesty that I have seen all your private messages and emails; whatnot. After reviewing through all your wonderful art portfolios and samples, an artist has been officially chosen: ataxia. Thank you for your interest!

I am also looking for voice actors; either English or Japanese. The game—if all roles are filled—will be partially voiced. Each character will have a total of 5 lines to voice with a few exceptions (two will have 3 lines). Although it is a small work, you will be credited properly, so send an email to phodelkioku@gmail.com and/or private message me with your demo reel and/or character of interest if you are into this field!

However, I am prioritizing the Background artist, Composer, and GUI artist position. Descriptions are provided above with the exception of the GUI artist. But, if you are interested, please send me an email or private message me!

Many thanks to you all, and I hope to be able to work with you soon!
Best,
Asphodel.

Asphodel Kioku

Re: ⁂ light my soul ⁂ BG & GUI artist!

#6 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

The logo is finished! Many thank you's to Mama J for creating it! I am still looking for a background artist, GUI artist, composer and possibly another CG artist and maybe a co-writer to help out. If you are interested, feel free to send me a private message or send me an email at phodelkioku@gmail.com! Thank you for your interest!