[Found!][Cupid's Affair] Co-Writer Needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
morg
Regular
Projects: Cupid's Affair
Tumblr: n-morg

[Found!][Cupid's Affair] Co-Writer Needed

#1 Post by morg »

Synopsis
Cupid’s job- simply put- is to pair people together. She’s been doing so for quite a while, quiet content with things as they are. That is till one day her childhood friend confesses to her. What now? Her job is to make people fall in love, not fall in love herself! Can she reject him? Or will she attempt to fix the situation?
Who do I need?

A dedicated co-writer who'd be willing to write a short (10K words) romance-genre story. since I'll be doing the art, programming and GUI, I've found it a bit difficult to concentrate on the writing. At the moment I'll only be recruiting one, since it's a fairly short game.

How much work has been done already?

I've completed 5/6 of the sprites, got all the backgrounds and completed one CG already. As for the writing, I've already written around 5k words. the game's outline has already been written.

How much work needs to be done?

Since I'm not satisfied with the writing 100%, I've decided to recruit someone who would rewrite it completely. Even though the story is fairly short, I felt that my writing was way too rushed, it didn't portray the development and personalities properly, and probably because I was concentrating one too many things at once.
I'd need somebody who'd take my outline and write the story so it would be just as long as it needs to be. you wouldn't have to think of the plot and what would happen next, as the events and story line have already been written out.

I would give you the word document with the whole storyline written out, including the script of what I've written so far, so you can evaluate the story and know what to concentrate on.

The writing style I'm looking for

The story's main genre is romance, so I'd need someone who'd know how to portray romantic development and like writing it. the writing style i'm aiming for isn't a really refined one where the emotions are explained thoroughly, just something simple and sweet.

To apply, send me a pm or reply on this forum, and if you have an example of your writing, i'd like to read it!
Unfortunately, there will be no compensation since it's a no-profit thing, but I wouldn't drawing you something after the game finishes!
Last edited by morg on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

edel

Re: [Cupid's Affair] Co-Writer Needed

#2 Post by edel »

Hey, I just commented on your WIP thread today!

I'd maybe be interested in co-writing for you if you're still looking for someone. PM me if you want to look at my writing sample doc :>

morg
Regular
Projects: Cupid's Affair
Tumblr: n-morg

Re: [Cupid's Affair] Co-Writer Needed

#3 Post by morg »

Thanks to everyone who applied! I've now found my writer ;)

I'm going to keep this thread here for when I'd need editors/beta testers etc