Looking for people willing to help!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
etherlink
Projects: Second Amber
IRC Nick: Gaius
Tumblr: etherlink

Looking for people willing to help!

#1 Post by etherlink »

So, uh, this is my first time making a post on here. Ever. I'm sorry if I fumble. This is my first time making sure a project, too...

But, I'll get to the point. I'm looking for people that are interested in helping me make my dream come true and help me making my creations come to life. I can leave a short summary of what the visual novel is.

Title of the story: Human Weapon (temp.)
Summary:
Human Weapon takes place in a world where it's ruled over by demons and devils,
while humans are a dying race due to the nitrogen & plasma war that occurred fifteen
years ago. The demons and devils, known as the Dours, won superior in the war because
the humans were unable to control their weapon, which is the main character, who
grew unstable and caused half of humanity to go extinct. It's now the main character's
choice whenever he chooses to be the savior humanity wanted, or the long awaited
king that the Dours had prayed for... or something more.
This game will also carry from BL (boy's love) in it, so if you don't like that, then please refrain from embarrassing yourself in the comments.

There is also going to be a massive list for trauma triggers as well! That will be added into the project's own page!

That's all I can spill this project I want to create. For the people that are interested in helping me with this little dream, please read the following below.

Currently looking for:
- ( Mainly !!! ) Artists { Looking for a BG and GUI artist! }
- ( Mainly !!! ) Composers
- ( Mainly !!! ) Programmer *TAKEN*
- At least two Co-Writers *TAKEN*
- At least two Co-directors *TAKEN*

Currently have:
- 2 Artists
- 1 Co-director
- 2 Co-writer
- 1 Programmer / Coder

What is required:
- You must have a Skype, a Discord or a Tumblr. If you do not have one, there is no way for me to be able to check in with you.
- You also must be able to be alright to have a Skype group for this very project!
- Make sure you're able to get on good terms with everyone else in the project!
- Share your ideas with the director / creator and co-directors!
- Provide an example of your work! I cannot accept you if you do not do this.

Current Situation for me:
- I am a college student, so there will not be much time for me to work on this project as much as I want to. But once my exams in this later month and in December are over, I will be more devoted into the project!
- I have college on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Mon/Wed at 2 PM to 4:30 PM and Tues/Thurs at 6 PM to 8:30 PM.
- I currently have six jobs to pay for my college tuition and my jobs are on Wednesday and Saturday. Saturday being more work heavy.
- I am also someone that is easily distracted! (That is why I asked for co-directors).
- I will open up a Patreon for people that wants to help donate to the project!

Current Situation and Requirements for the project:
- There's only the starting plot (prologue), the branching points (routes), main characters, one third of the minor characters and the planned endings.
- It will take about an estimate amount of seven months up to a year max to complete the game, along with at least two demos.
- Estimate Game-play will be about 4+ hours or even more.
- Current number count of characters: 10 (there will be more).
- Current number of Routes / Endings: 6 (there will be no more than six).

How to sign up for a position:
- Easy! Just either email me at ( reolkire@gmail.com ) or just comment below for the position you want!
- Just make sure you have everything in the requirements and you're good to go!

I will be posting the game progression on my personal tumblr once we can get things going!
I really hope I can weave this dream into reality!
Last edited by etherlink on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

candichan06
Regular
Projects: A Thief's Tale
Organization: Azure Rose Productions

Re: Looking for people willing to help!

#2 Post by candichan06 »

Hi, I would humbly like to offer some programming assistance. I'm no expert, but I have managed to figure out a few neat coding things via Ren'py (such as basic VN stuff with sprites and BGS, as well as coding in CG galleries, with or without the option to replay scenes, having BG music for menu screens and a few other random things...). Admittedly, I haven't messed around with Ren'py in a while so I'm a bit rusty but once I go back and look through the code I have for the demo of my project, I'm sure it'll come back to me fairly quickly :D

I do have a Skype (though I'd have to brush the dust off of it lol) and a Tumblr so that should help with communicating...let me know if I make the cut! haha
Current Project: A Thief's Tale
Demo here!