My name is Rose, and my friend (she has a Lemma, but prefers to remain private, haha) have been developing another non-commercial supernatural/fantasy (which means it involves mythical creatures and magic) visual novel called Card of Sage, and would like to reach out to you for help! She has written the entire post, but I am only recruiting.
- (1) Please be actively participating in discussions. This especially applies to matters regarding the game, but remember all members are free to get to know each other to our comfortable extent. In other words, be respectful of others and don't pry if they don't feel comfortable doing so.
(2) Make an effort to reach a deadline. All deadlines will be loose and no penalty will be ensued if it’s not reached, but I want to be able to get things done as well, and I don’t want to yell at you for procrastinating or anything of the sort if that is the primary reason that work is not getting done.
(3) Do not make a leave without speaking up about it. If you have anything personal that requires you to leave the team, please tell us about it before dismissing yourself out of the team. That way, we know that we need to recruit another person in place. This is very important.
(4) All applications will need to have samples of your previous or mock works for consideration. All those who don’t will be ignored. I know it is harsh of me, but I want to make this the best I can, and I also want to know who to take in and who I feel would be and work best to be in the team.
(5) It would do you good to have a Discord, Google and Trello account, as I plan to use Google because Google Drive will be used for collaboration on the script, Trello to keep the project organized and Discord to be the main source of communication for group discussions and general team meetings. Meetings in generality will be held by texting only and on weekends when most people are free, but those who feel comfortable may also use voice to communicate.
- Basically creating various backgrounds that will be used in the game. There is not much moving around in the game, so I imagine not many backgrounds will be used in the game as a result. Regarding variations, it will vary anywhere from 1 other variation to 3-4 at the most for outdoor and indoor.
- This artist will be responsible for creating the graphics, including the logo and the GUI design. For the screens, I am looking for the basic screens + CG gallery. The color scheme and design can be discussed in private though.
- Creating different thematic compositions that will be used within the game. I am looking for a mix of orchestral and piano as the “norm” within the game, especially the main theme.
- Creating chibis of the characters. They should be in a somewhat similar style to the sprite and CG art (so anime-styled art).
- This includes art such as posters, backgrounds, and anything artistic to promote the game. If you are interested in the position, I’ll try to give you something to work on, but note that character art is not done yet.
- Any other things you specialize in and you would like to help out, please feel free to drop me a message about it; we can discuss.
* Please make sure that you provide appropriate samples and your Discord username in your email/private message/reply. Also, before you apply, make sure you read the general requirements as well. Thank you for your interest in advance!
> Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (You will receive the quickest reply by email)
> Private message me here
> Reply to this thread