[OPEN] Looking for Artists and Composer for "Card of Sage"

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
RoseKokali
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

[OPEN] Looking for Artists and Composer for "Card of Sage"

#1 Post by RoseKokali »

Hello, everybody!
My name is Rose, and my friend (she has a Lemma, but prefers to remain private, haha) have been developing another non-commercial supernatural/fantasy (which means it involves mythical creatures and magic) visual novel called Card of Sage, and would like to reach out to you for help! She has written the entire post, but I am only recruiting.
Jade is a simple girl, picking up tarot cards as a hobby, because her older sister, Sapphire got her into it. Her simplicity is something she deeply treasures, but she is soon faced with possibly the most difficult and complex situation she could ever get herself into. At first, she is reluctant and bitter, but in the end, will it be how she really feels, especially after learning some unexpected things about herself, and maybe–just maybe–something more?

General requirements
  • (1) Please be actively participating in discussions. This especially applies to matters regarding the game, but remember all members are free to get to know each other to our comfortable extent. In other words, be respectful of others and don't pry if they don't feel comfortable doing so.

(2) Make an effort to reach a deadline. All deadlines will be loose and no penalty will be ensued if it’s not reached, but I want to be able to get things done as well, and I don’t want to yell at you for procrastinating or anything of the sort if that is the primary reason that work is not getting done.

(3) Do not make a leave without speaking up about it. If you have anything personal that requires you to leave the team, please tell us about it before dismissing yourself out of the team. That way, we know that we need to recruit another person in place. This is very important.

(4) All applications will need to have samples of your previous or mock works for consideration. All those who don’t will be ignored. I know it is harsh of me, but I want to make this the best I can, and I also want to know who to take in and who I feel would be and work best to be in the team.

(5) It would do you good to have a Discord, Google and Trello account, as I plan to use Google because Google Drive will be used for collaboration on the script, Trello to keep the project organized and Discord to be the main source of communication for group discussions and general team meetings. Meetings in generality will be held by texting only and on weekends when most people are free, but those who feel comfortable may also use voice to communicate.
I am looking for...
Background artist
  • Basically creating various backgrounds that will be used in the game. There is not much moving around in the game, so I imagine not many backgrounds will be used in the game as a result. Regarding variations, it will vary anywhere from 1 other variation to 3-4 at the most for outdoor and indoor.
Graphic artist
  • This artist will be responsible for creating the graphics, including the logo and the GUI design. For the screens, I am looking for the basic screens + CG gallery. The color scheme and design can be discussed in private though.
Composer
  • Creating different thematic compositions that will be used within the game. I am looking for a mix of orchestral and piano as the “norm” within the game, especially the main theme.
Chibi artist
  • Creating chibis of the characters. They should be in a somewhat similar style to the sprite and CG art (so anime-styled art).
Promotional artist
  • This includes art such as posters, backgrounds, and anything artistic to promote the game. If you are interested in the position, I’ll try to give you something to work on, but note that character art is not done yet.
Other
  • Any other things you specialize in and you would like to help out, please feel free to drop me a message about it; we can discuss.
Contact me
* Please make sure that you provide appropriate samples and your Discord username in your email/private message/reply. Also, before you apply, make sure you read the general requirements as well. Thank you for your interest in advance!
> Email me at rosekokali@gmail.com (You will receive the quickest reply by email)
> Private message me here
> Reply to this thread
Last edited by RoseKokali on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

candichan06
Regular
Projects: A Thief's Tale
Organization: Azure Rose Productions

Re: [OPEN] Looking for Everyone for "Card of Sage"

#2 Post by candichan06 »

*raises hand* Can I be your programmer? As far as a sample goes...I have the demo I released for my game (link in my signature); will that work for you? And, though it's not showcased in that demo, I can also code music into the game, as well as add in a CG gallery and music gallery.

My Discord username is azrose829#3949; you can message me on there or on here if you want to use me: just let me know! :)
Current Project: A Thief's Tale
Demo here!

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#3 Post by Katta »

RoseKokali wrote:I have been working on another visual novel for a span of time, but had to drop it due to personal reasons (and so apologize for everyone working on it for my radio silence).
I suggest everyone to pay attention to this line before considering joining.

RoseKokali
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#4 Post by RoseKokali »

@Katta
I suggest before you attack me, that you ask for an explanation. I do have my reasons for keeping silent about it. It was a harsh time for me (and I know it's harsh of me to stay silent), but let's talk it out if you are cynical.

Asphodel Kioku
Projects: Zodiac Axis.

#5 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

Hello, everybody.

My name is Asphodel, and what Katta said is true only applying to Rose. However, Rose is only helping me recruit, nothing more and nothing less. I am the one doing the project itself, so there is no need to take into account to what Katta warns, as from what I know, the drop-out rates are not affected by simply recruiting people into a team. To prevent this argument from going any further, I would like to reveal that I am in fact the one taking care of this project directly.

Thank you, and I hope this relieves any misunderstandings.
Asphodel