Looking for beta testers for a zombie apocalypse game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

Looking for beta testers for a zombie apocalypse game

#1 Post by Ryue »

Hi
I'm currently in the process of creating a (almost only text) game which is set in modern times and is about the protagonist having to decide if during a zombie apocalpyse he will stay "human" or become a full blown monster.

A few details on the game can be found in the main thread:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39670&p=423692#p423692

Currently I need additional beta testers in order to make sure that the quality of the game is ok.

Here a bit of a summary about the game
-Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Zombie
-Age restiction: 18+ due to zombie themes touched and situations (no explicit content)
-The game is a mix between RPG and storytelling
-Every decision you make has consequences. Some choices immediately, some others later on and some will build up over time and then unleash their consequences.
-Almost no graphical content! It is almost only text
-The demo will be way over 20k as it currently stands. The game as a whole will be way over 100k.

And a summary of what I search for in the beta testers:
-18+ (NO explicit content but some topics touched are still considered in some countries to be 18+)
-No problem with character death, gore, blood, horror
-Communicationwise either mail or skype (skype would be best....written btw)
-No problem with reading texts unedited (for the beta tests I'm giving out the unedited texts in order to make sure I don't have to let them be edited twice when I need to change them completely).

What is there else? As I'm currently developing it beside my job I have long breaks in between putting out new versions. Further more it can be that I need a fast reply on little things.

What is there in for you?
-Get to play a zombie storytelling rpg
-See game elements before all others do
-Play the game for free (it is currently undecided if I will go steam,... later on or not. Aka if I will sell the game. A kickstarter later on is a possibility nontheless.
Thus if I decide on selling it you get it for free......the same if I won't sell it ;) ).

If you have questions or are interested let me know either here or via pm.

Tnx.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: Looking for beta testers for a zombie apocalypse game

#2 Post by Mammon »

Consider me intrigued. An RPG without grinding mechanics does sound like my cup of tea and zombie stories are a guilty pleasure of mine.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Ryue »

Hi
Sent you a pm.
If anybody else is interested or has questions also let me know as I'm looking for at least 2 additional beta testers to broaden the impressions I receive from ppl (and to see more point of views).

ZionVI
Deviantart: animewolfsoul

#4 Post by ZionVI »

I'm interested!
Does the game work on Mac systems? And is there a time period that you want us to play it and give feedback within?

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Ryue »

Zion I will send you a pm later today (having to hurry to work so have to make it short atm). As renpy is quite flexible there and I'm not using anything operating system reliant the game will run equally on Mac and windows. I only need to know for which to compile each.

As for the timeframe: Within a week is always very good as it lets me incorporate the changes (or plan them in) before I set my eyes on the next parts.
On the other hand: A new version can be released within a week of another, or within 3-4 weeks (depending on workload and if my collegues and the climate machine manage to get the upper hand over my immune system again...aka I fall sick).

mard
Regular

#6 Post by mard »

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I'm up for being a beta--tester, though skype's out unfortunately, as I'm on linux and they haven't put a release out for 4 years now.
Tend to be a bit quiet, but will help where I can.

Enjoy the drinks folks.

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Ryue »

pms sent tnx

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Ryue »

As mentioned in my games thread I'm currently in the process of rewriting what I have so far. As it took quite some time to get it all started again (finding a new way to write things and much stress at my job) I lost a few of my betas and thus I'm currently looking for more again.

If you apply please be aware that most of the text won't be edited already and that I've just finished the prologue and am currently working on the character creation (which is an in story character creation where you define the stats by choosing which ways the character goes in his background story while reading through his back ground story,...).