【dark-fairytale】 My Eternal Rose : looking for artists!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
lumia
Regular

【dark-fairytale】 My Eternal Rose : looking for artists!

#1 Post by lumia »

Image synopsisImage
Selene is a young woman who sells tea leaves and different types of herbs for a living.
She couldn’t have asked for a more happier life.
That is, until she encounters a mysterious girl named Angelica.
She is led into the depths of the forest by the hands of the mysterious girl.
There, she finds a big mansion she never thought was there initially.
When she meets the residents: Lucien, Rayne, Blair and Michalis,
she very soon realizes that she has bit off more than she can chew…
and it’s already too late to turn back.

“You’re not going anywhere, my pretty little Rose.”
Image premiseImage
The story (an otome game) revolves around Selene, who believes she is a normal human when she really is not. Throughout the course of the story (which will be split into 5 acts total), she will come to learn more about her true identity whilst falling in love with one of four vampires that reside in the mansion: Lucien, Rayne, Blair or Michalis. These vampires' backstories were crafted based on various famous fairy tales (such as Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, etc.) with a bit of twists, making this story considerably more darker.
Image generalImage
Genres // Romance, vampire, drama, fantasy.
Endings // 8 endings (2 per character).
Rating // 16+, for mild violence and sexual content.
Platform(s) // Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Commercial or free? // Free.
Image charactersImage
For general information on characters, you may refer to this document (a Google one) for general information on their personalities. They are all subject to change if need be.
Image recruitment positionsImage
  • Assistant writer : taken by Cheryl Cornette.

Sprite & CG artist : taken by Itozuuu.

Background artist : I'm sure the amount of backgrounds are not so much compared to that of a commercial game, for example. So far, I am counting around 14 general backgrounds. Of course, this count excludes variations. I prefer backgrounds that are similar to the sprite art; soft or hard shaded is alright (preferably soft-shaded).

GUI artist : Although the logo is already being taken care of (many thanks to Mama J for that!), I am looking for a graphic artist who is able to make different interfaces, or screens. Like any other game, the basic screens are needed: main menu screen, preferences, save and load, quit screen + textbox and choices. I am also looking to have a CG gallery screen, possibly with a credits screen as well (the latter is still uncertain).

Musician : taken by Felix Arifin.

Programmer : Since I am still in very early development, this position isn't needed in the long-run, but I'm still happy to take people in if anybody is interested in this position. This will be programmed using the Ren'Py engine, and knowledge of programming dialogue, transitions, unlock scenes, and GUI is preferred.

Other : If I am missing something, feel free to bring it up; I'm definitely flexible to any service you are willing to offer.
    • Chibi artist : taken by Pii
      Character theme composer : taken by Felix Arifin.
Image contact meImage
If you are interested, please make sure to send me appropriate samples (unless you are applying for the programmer position; I trust that you will have the knowledge necessary). They don't have to be from previous games, but they should reflect your style of writing, art, etc. Thank you in advance for your interest!
If you have any inquiries, feel free to reply to this thread.

To apply for one or more position(s), please send an email to destinylumia@gmail.com (I ask that you try and provide an appropriate subject as well when applying).
You may also private message me here on LemmaSoft, but I can't guarantee a fast reply on there as opposed to emailing me.
Last edited by lumia on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

lumia
Regular

Re: 【dark-fairytale】 My Eternal Rose : looking to fill roles

#2 Post by lumia »

Hi, everybody! This is partially because of a bump, but I have an update as well!

I am working hard on this project, and so have others involved in it. Itozuuu has finished all the initial character sketches, so when the base coloring has been applied, the character designs will be published into the public. Also, I was able to recruit a new musician and sound producer named Christian into the team; he is not on this site though.

I am desperately still looking for artists and a programmer. For artists, I am looking for a background artist and GUI artist. Since this project is non-commercial, you will have to be able to do this out of your own volition. I would really like to make this game a reality, so if you're interested, please feel free to leave me a message here or send me an email to destinylumia@gmail.com. I am also looking for an assistant writer who can help!

To fill these positions, I am accepting talent trades as well: I will be able to write, edit, proofread, idea bounce, and/or research for you in exchange for your art or programming, or even helping me write and outline, plan out routes and stuff like that (assistant writer). Thank you in advance for the interest!

Also, I have updated the characters document; there will be one more secret (unlock-able) bachelor; not much information can be revealed about him, but you will gain access early to him (including sketches, his purpose in the story) if you apply for one of the positions and become a member of the team, or you can just wait until the game (that is, assuming we get the people we need).

Cheers! -Lumia.

lumia
Regular

#3 Post by lumia »

I'm eager to share the logo, which was made by Mama J. Thank you for your hard work! You can support her project, Beauty and the Brothers, right here. Make sure to give her support for the game (I am also in there as a writer/editor). I am still looking for various positions, so if you're interested, send me an email at destinylumia@gmail.com or send me a private message here! Thanks, and have a good rest of your days!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Dang, what a fancy logo. I like it a lot. ^_^

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#5 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Nice logo but it looks like my font for my logo lol ^ ^ Coincidence I guess.
ImageImage

lumia
Regular

#6 Post by lumia »

@Zelan
Thank you; I am glad you think so! Hopefully more updates won't let you down!

@LadyOfGatsby
I actually used your logo as a reference, that may be why? I was imagining that "gothic" font in my mind when I was planning, after all. It's not a bad thing to use the same font though, if they do happen to be the same, I believe. Good luck with your game!

Cheers! -Lumia Chai.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#7 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I only minded since it felt kind of the same for the "e" but yeah you're right. Yup, you as well
ImageImage

lumia
Regular

Re: 【dark-fairytale】 My Eternal Rose : looking for artists!

#8 Post by lumia »

The dev blog for this game is up! You can view it at the following link down below! If you are interested in our updates, feel free to give us a follow, because we will strive to give you weekly updates over there, with a bunch of cool things throughout the development, such as promotional images (which will be like mobile and PC backgrounds!). If you're keen, do give us your support by giving us a follow, liking and reblogging our first post!

nekobara
Regular

Re: 【dark-fairytale】 My Eternal Rose : looking for artists!

#9 Post by nekobara »

That is quite a lovely logo. It has gorgeous coloring and beautiful roses. I think the story you create should be quite interesting. This is definitely a game that I would play. And though I'm always thinking that vampires are getting to be a bit cliche, if done right, they are characters I get attached to quite easily. It must be all the blood-sucking, the danger, and oh, those sharp fangs, elegant tools used to pierce tender flesh. Fangs can be quite sexy, no?

Though I don't quite agree with Blair's taste in literature and playwrights-Shakespeare and his infamous 'Romeo & Juliet' just aren't to my liking-and it would probably do you good to avoid saying things such as 'more happier' and 'more darker' since it's grammatically incorrect-simply remove the word 'more' and then you're just fine, or you could also say 'more happy' or 'more dark', but I personally think it sounds better the other way-I will be looking forward to the release of your game.

It sounds like it could turn out to be really interesting. I can't wait to see what the finished product is!

Best of luck! :)
*meow*