Magnificent-Looking for a Lead Background Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

Magnificent-Looking for a Lead Background Artist

#1 Post by Fluxx »

What's the novel about?
After moving back to New York, Marcus Maduka's life is changed forever as he is saved from certain death by a childhood friend, a mysterious girl that had given him special abilities. Soon he's enrolled in new school...A school that leads to another realm in the middle of Omniversal space.There they are reunited and she once again promises him extraordinary power beyond his wildest dreams, but it comes with a cost....
The story follow's the adventures of Marcus Maduka a.k.a. Magnificent striving to grow and be a hero as he enters a new world.

Genres: Psychological, Drama, Romance, Action-Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Superhero

Thread Link Here

What's done so far?
Outline to the story is mostly done, a few things are being reworked. I had personally created a demo that I will be shown to you if you ask, however, it has been scrapped.

I've decided to open this up a bit early. I'm casting a wider net this time. This is a recruitment thread for those that wouldn't mind working together on an interesting project. The goal for the group is currently is to make a playable and polished 10,000 word demo. That's it for now. Fair warning - the development process will be relaxed and slower paced compared the norm. Making a visual novel is hard work, especially when we all have other things in life we are busy with and working on. There may be small lulls in development or days without communication between members, however, I still expect to complete the project in a timely manner. If you would like to join our group - especially those members that would have less of a workload during the beginning, please realize that it may take some time before we get the to point that we absolutely need for your input or skillset. You will still be able to communicate with rest of the team and me, as I would like to have fun talking with others about the project and various other things while we work.

Staffing Needs?
An artist - (Fillied)- Would work on Character designs and concepts, would eventually move into working on sprites and possibly CG's (Looking for someone with a realistic anime art style)

A Background Artist - Work on world designs and concepts, would eventually move into working on Backgrounds.

An Editor/Proofreader -(Filled) - Someone who wouldn't mind editing my work and giving feedback, discussing ideas.

A Programer - (Filled) - Someone to insert script, SFX - music, and program plot choices.

A Gui artist -(Filled)Someone to design the GUI and possibly help programmer with implementation.

A Composer - (Filled)- Someone who would like to make music (Looking someone who can make music with an urban electronic feel, yet have some fantasy and orchestra elements. Some examples here, here, here, and here. Doesn't need to be exactly like this but please look at all four.)

A Manager - (On Hold) -Someone to help with management, record keeping, contacting others - keeping up with everyone, someone to kick our butts if we're not producing. Also may help me personally with social networks and promotion.

Obviously, I would help with all that I'm able to.

Some other requirements.
-Try your best to be active if and when we have group chats.
- For positions applicable please have samples of your work.
-If you decided to leave the project, at least let someone know with a brief explanation.

Contents and restrictions
The project may contain, rude language, violence, blood and (light) gore. This first demo will not have any 18+ content. However, if we do proceed forward as a group in a working relationship to create further content, the storyline may have sexual situations. Please keep this in mind if you cannot legally contribute to a product with such content, or are not comfortable working with it.

Future Staffing Needs?
(Not Yet Needed)
(Not Yet Needed)
(Not Yet Needed)
(Not Yet Needed)

If you're interested post here or send a PM.
Ask questions or post suggestions below.

-Thanks, guys!
Last edited by Fluxx on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

WeirdoVivi
Soundcloud: vipensitymusic

Re: Magnificent-Looking for artists, programmers, other part

#2 Post by WeirdoVivi »

Hey! I'd be happy to work with you on composition. I make electronic music with elements of more traditional orchestral music. I have a few examples of what I'm capable of on my soundcloud, and can provide more if requested.

Hope to work with you!
Budding Programmer | Somewhat-experienced Composer
Current Project(s): Nothing! (Completely open for projects!)

Fluxx
Regular

#3 Post by Fluxx »

WeirdoVivi wrote:Hey! I'd be happy to work with you on composition. I make electronic music with elements of more traditional orchestral music. I have a few examples of what I'm capable of on my soundcloud, and can provide more if requested.

Hope to work with you!
Hey, WeirdoVivi - I've sent you a PM. We'll discuss.
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

Chancellorchile
Projects: Monster Kid Go! (NaNo '16)(Unfinished)
Tumblr: Chancellorchile
Deviantart: Chancellorchile

#4 Post by Chancellorchile »

Hello, i'd be interested in being a background or sprite artist. Could I possibly get an idea of what you would like and create something as a sort of audition?
Check out my NaNo'16 WiP!

candichan06
Regular
Projects: A Thief's Tale
Organization: Azure Rose Productions

#5 Post by candichan06 »

*raises hand* I volunteer as programmer! If you need a sample of my work, just let me know and I'll send a copy your way! :D
Current Project: A Thief's Tale
Demo here!

banannasquid
Completed: Stalker and Yandere
Projects: Stalker and Yandere
Tumblr: banannasquid
Deviantart: infinitytentacle

#6 Post by banannasquid »

I could contribute character designs and sprites and CG's and stuff for the game if youre still looking for one. I don't really have any specific "style" so I could probably fit any look you would need (i hope)

heres a link to my deviantart so you can see what my drawings are like: http://infinitytentacle.deviantart.com/

let me know what you think

Fluxx
Regular

Re: Magnificent-Looking for a Lead Background Artist

#7 Post by Fluxx »

Hey guys, most positions have been filled - however, we are still looking for a background artist. If you're interested please let us know posting here or by sending a PM. Thank you!

Learninginaction
Tumblr: Learninginaction
Deviantart: Learninginaction

Re: Magnificent-Looking for a Lead Background Artist

#8 Post by Learninginaction »

I would love to take part in this however im not sure if my backgrounds meet the criteria but I will leave a Deviant art link so you can take a look.

http://learninginaction.deviantart.com/

Thank you :D