WSS Seeking Various Positions for two Projects {Writers, VA}

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Emtropy
Completed: None, as of Yet
Projects: Phantasmal Machinations, Subterfuge
Organization: Tardy Jackal Productions, Wintersound Studios

WSS Seeking Various Positions for two Projects {Writers, VA}

#1 Post by Emtropy »

The young growing Wintersound Studios is seeking individuals to assist and contribute to two projects being undertaken at the moment. Positions for each project vary and are detailed below under each's own heading. Both projects are works in the mystery-fantasy genre and all applicants are expected to be attentive and committed to the projects if they should accept an offered position. Wintersound, as a young still developing group still trying to fill out it's core team offers no monetary compensation for work in the foreseeable future, but has team members with experience in commercial works and projects recruited via Lemmasoft, including work on Kickstarter campaigns. Accepting a position on a project is not a commitment to remaining with Wintersound, nor is it a guranteed of a position at the project's end.

~Project 1; Untitled Horror Mystery Visual Novel~
Wintersound's in-production project is a legacy project inherited from another studio envisioning it as a fan piece. Initially designed as a radio performance with visual aids, it has since been reformatted as a non-interactive visual novel. Featuring a teenage prodigy, Ansho Kurikoto who is forced into a psychopathic murder game of lies and deceit, she and the reader alike must discern the other participant's intentions before time runs out and the mastermind wins. With influences from Zero Escape, Dangan Ronpa, and Corpse Party and an already designed cast of quirky odd characters, this project is a medium-length novel focused on simply telling a story without trying to throw in too many complexities technologically and is intended to be a piece to establish Wintersound in the community. Given it's status as in-production, this project is the primary effort of our attention and has the most work completed. A comprehensive story summary is complete as well as concept artwork for all the characters of the story with some need for edits. A finalized art style is yet to be determined. Several chapter scripts are finished, but will likely need to be rewritten to reflect changes in the project.
For this project, we are seeking...
• Two writers familiar with dark comedy and heavy characterization. Together with a present writer, writers will be tasked with completion of the game's script based on the story summary provided.
• A character artist willing to produce several sprites for already conceptualized and drawn characters. Artists should be comfortable with blood and gore. With a cast of 18 characters, this position may given to two individuals depending on applications. {Potentially Filled}
• {Optional} A programmer willing to work on basic coding. This project involves no reader interaction or complex actions, so we have individuals on staff capable of doing this. Anyone requesting this would simply be taking the burden off our shoulders giving us more time to work on other things.
• {Optional} Voice actors. A partial cast exists for the project already that had signed on during it's radio days. However, individuals wishing to express voice acting ability may be taken on to fill in for individuals who resigned from the project's original iteration. Cast list and vocal notes available upon request.
Additional plot and scheduling information is available by Private Message. All other questions should remain in thread.
~Project 2: Phantasmal Machinations~
Phantasmal Machinations is Wintersound's current concept piece, still in the midst of being created and designed, meaning hardly any work at all has been completed on this project. Positions for this project are highly centered around assisting with the concept process for this project. Phantasmal Machinations follows a quirky inventor and their redheaded assistant traveling through a land of steam and fantasy solving mysteries in the aftermath of tales of Victorian Fiction stories such as Bram Stoker's Dracula, Sleepy Hollow, and Alice in Wonderland all the while trying to find the motivations behind the perpetrator targeting the protagonist. Individuals wishing to work on Phantasmal Machinations should be familiar with Steampunk concepts and aesthetics as well as the above books in addition to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Wizard of Oz.
For this project, we are seeking...
• A concept writer familiar with writing mysteries and suspense, as well as operating within the confines of a fictional universe with unique rules, in addition to using tricky language to fool a reader into believing something that isn't true.
• A concept artist who is capable of illustrating a level of the Steampunk aesthetic within their own style. This can be applied to any style at all, and no discrimination will be made over the origin and aspects of an artist's style so long as it exhibits Steampunk qualities.
• {Optional} A somewhat experienced programmer familiar with Ren'py's capabilities in order to discuss the technological limits of the program and discuss means of accomplishing the desires of the team conceptually without pushing into the impossible or overly difficult.
I personally thank you for reading everything here, and we look forward to all applications we receive. We hope to work with you.

~Em
Last edited by Emtropy on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

DeterminedTillDeath

Re: WSS Seeking Various Positions for Two Mystery Projects

#2 Post by DeterminedTillDeath »

Hi.

I'm willing to be a programmer who will work on basic coding on your first project.
I would like to assist in this, as I have decent coding knowledge in the Ren'py Python world.

If you are interested, feel free to message me. :D
~Thanks! Hopefully, you will accept me!
~DTD~

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

#3 Post by Lucky1443 »

Hi! Your visual novels sound very interesting, and I'd like to offer my assistance as a artist, you can see examples below, and some to the left, have a nice day/night! :3
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

#4 Post by morinoir »

I definitely put my interest on the second project, 'Phantasmal Machinations'. Can you give us more information about job desk for concept artist? Does it include world building, character design, and/or designing items and creatures? It's because 'illustrating steampunk aesthetic' is sounds pretty vague to me.

Emtropy

#5 Post by Emtropy »

Absolutely. Primarily, the concept artist is at the table with the other conceptualists inputting their own ideas and designs on the visual elements of the game. Elements of worldbuilding are present in all the concept positions of Phantasmal and are a collective effort of the team. The concept artist however holds the task of forming the visual ideas themselves, translating narrative needs into visual reality almost exclusively. Character and landscape art is expected out of the Concept Artist, though it need not be to the quality of a finished product and more just possess the ability to communicate an idea and visually express the deeper elements of the characters and scenery in visual form.

Much of the visual interpretations are up to the artist themselves and have the artistic liberty to visualize characters and creatures however they wish if they feel that meets the overall design goal and premise the team settles upon. Moreso than a talented artist, we are looking for someone capable of creating designs and concepts that reflect far more than their base value and show large thought into the decisions made towards that character's appearance or that scene's layout. In that regard, this position is almost more designer than artist and the needs we have for it reflect that. I hope that answers your question!

Koete Hoshi
Regular
Projects: fated
Organization: Iorium Studio, Wintersound Studio
Tumblr: hoshiart

#6 Post by Koete Hoshi »

Hello,
I would like to apply for the position of character artist for the first project. May I know your contact preference so that I can show you my samples?

Emtropy

#7 Post by Emtropy »

Any formal applications can be sent by PM to my account, Emtropy or to wintersoundstudios@gmail.com. Thanks!

Emtropy

Re: WSS Seeking Various Positions for two Projects {WRITERS}

#8 Post by Emtropy »

We will no longer be seeking any new applications for character artists on our horror project for the time being as we will likely select someone within our current considerations. We are still very much in need of writers however, and encourage any individuals with experience at all to apply. As we are a free project, we will generally consider all sources to some degree.

EDIT: We have also become aware that our former actress for the protagonist role of the game will no longer be a part of this project and we are very much in need of another actress to fill the role.

Emtropy

Re: WSS Seeking Various Positions for two Projects {WRITERS}

#9 Post by Emtropy »

We have located both writers and an artist for our horror project and will no longer be taking submissions for either position. We are still however in need of individuals willing to work on the conceptual piece.

As well, all of our optional positions remain unfilled still if one had any interest in them.

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

Re: WSS Seeking Various Positions for two Projects {Concept,

#10 Post by Trina »

Hi I'm a voice actor willing to help in this production. You can hear my 2016 demo reel samples here:

https://youtu.be/cDHWVMSKYM0

Emtropy

Re: WSS Seeking Various Positions for two Projects {Writers,

#11 Post by Emtropy »

We have settled on a concept artist and programming consultant for Phantasmal Machines, leaving most of our positions filled. We have taken a VA for the antagonist of the Horror VA as well, still leaving us with a writer we absolutely need for Phantasmal, and VAs for the protagonist and narrator of the Horror VA. We are viewing all applications and replying to all inquiries even if you lack completed projects. Please do not hesitate to present your materials.

Eight Rooks
Regular
Projects: Mirt (chapter one)
Tumblr: therookshavereturned
Deviantart: EightRooks

#12 Post by Eight Rooks »

Mods, please delete this if it's inappropriate, and my apologies, but - Emtropy, you were trying to get in contact with me and mentioned your inbox had swallowed/hidden my last PM. Read your message, sent you another, thought I'd give you a nudge here just in case the same thing had happened again.

renpic

#13 Post by renpic »

Emtropy wrote:For this project, we are seeking:
• {Optional} A programmer willing to work on basic coding. This project involves no reader interaction or complex actions, so we have individuals on staff capable of doing this. Anyone requesting this would simply be taking the burden off our shoulders giving us more time to work on other things.
Hi! I am a beginner ren'py coder; I have previous programming experience, and I am presently trying to learn more of ren'py.
Are you still looking for an additional programmer for your projects?

abscission
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves

#14 Post by abscission »

sent you a PM, I am interested in the role of writer for Phantasmal Machines