[GxB|GxN] Otome, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery
Hi! Windchimes, Greenace, and Kumiho here! After our success with Lads in Distress, the NaNo project we collaborated on last year, we decided to cooperate again this March with yet another fantasy (... and scifi!) otome for our team, Ebullience Games. Unfortunately, although Greenace is an extremely talented and speedy artist, she can’t handle CGs, sprites, and BGs -- so we decided to seek a BG artist here on LSF! We initially found someone, but they had to pull out due to miscellaneous obligations. Please note that although we are a commercial team, this NaNo project will be free to play -- and thus, sadly, we are offering an unpaid position.
Ever since Aliya joined Airis’ Vessels as a warrior, she has been devoted to her cause of protecting her country from the senseless creatures that started attacking the cities years ago. Constantly training in dungeons and working to improve herself, she believes she can become one of the best warriors in the kingdom. Unfortunately, there is just one little problem -- lately, Aliya has been suffering from blackouts, waking up in different locations with no memory of what happened. Fearful of what this means and what may be happening to her, Aliya is determined to get to the bottom of her strange condition.
Who We're Looking For
Greenace will handle the CG and sprite art, PlutoParfait will handle the logo, and I will co-write this VN. Windchimes (bless her) will be writing, programming, and perhaps even making a trailer for us if she has the time! Thus, we are currently only looking for a GUI artist -- we are willing to recruit two with similar styles if you don’t feel comfortable handling the workload but would like to join regardless.
- Need BGs of mild sci-fi & medieval settings
- Current estimated count of BGs we need: 4 (We won’t refuse more LOL)
- Futuristic bedroom
- Castle interior (throne room?)
- Guild hall
- Inside equipment store (somewhat like weapons/armor shop)
- We don’t need a high level of detail in the BGs. It can be pretty simple.
- The above list is only a rough idea of the BGs needed. The BG artist is free to make suggestions of alternatives (we are willing to try our best to accommodate you by even altering the outline of the scenes, given that this is done before March), based on their artistic skills or preferences. Artist also has freedom for the design of the backgrounds (we will only give a minimum description of what we need e.g. “we need a stone tower”)
- Highly prefer one single artist who can do all the BGs for consistent art style
Notes to keep in mind before applying
- This project is for NaNoRenO, so if you won’t be free to do the art during March, or you don’t plan on sticking around till March & April, then please don’t apply, because it would be very difficult for us to find an artist last minute if you disappear in Feb/March after agreeing to be our artist!
- We prefer to communicate through Ryver, but Skype or LSF PMs is also okay.
- Please check in with us at least once every couple weeks or so (through any of the aforementioned methods) from the time you join this project up until NaNoRenO is over (preferably more than once a week during March), so that we know you are still around and interested in helping us.
- If unfortunately for one reason or another, you have to leave this project, please let us know as soon as possible so we can find a replacement artist. (We seriously hope this won’t happen anyway, because it will be very difficult to find another artist.)
- One of the two love interests will be non-binary. If you are not alright with this, you need not apply.
- We intend to put this game on Steam & the Google Play store for Android! If you are not comfortable with this, we’re afraid we can’t accept you.
- Just to clarify, although the game will be released under Ebullience Games on Steam/Google Play, we won’t be taking any revenue from it. This game will stay 100% free.
- However, we may post updates about this game on our Patreon if we decide to start a Patreon for Ebullience Games. If you so wish, we can avoid any posts about the backgrounds on our Patreon and only focus on posting updates about sprites/CGs/writing.
- We might have to turn down some applications because your style is not consistent with an already recruited artist, or not fitting for our VN, or for some reason or another. If that does happen, please understand that we are extremely sorry, and we thank you for your interest in our project and wish you best of luck in finding another NaNoRenO project to join!
Please kindly include the following in your message:
- Whether you'll be able to finish the extra screens as well
- By approximately when you think you'll finish
- How much time you think you will be able to put in during March
- Whether you prefer to communicate with Ryver or Skype or LSF (You can suggest other methods, of course)
- Whether you will be committed enough to stick with the project till NaNoRenO is over
- A few samples of your GUIs so we have an idea about your art style
If you have any questions, feel free to message Kumiho or Windchimes. For speedier responses, message Kumiho if you’re somewhere near US/Europe’s time zone, and message Windchimes if you aren’t.
Thank you so much for reading! (Sorry for the wall of text)
PS: If anyone is wondering why we are recruiting for NaNo so early…
Yes, it’s super early to start recruiting since NaNoRenO starts in March, but better early than late, right? Last year, for Lads in Distress, even recruiting a month early left us with barely enough time to finish planning and led to major changes mid-March to various aspects of the game due to unforeseen hiccups and changes in team. So we want to avoid this happening again and start recruiting even earlier to get things settled before March starts. Around two months as planning time sounded reasonable to us mainly because:
- artist(s) will have a certain/high degree of say and freedom in the art they are drawing, so discussions about possible designs takes time
- we’ll try to accommodate our artist(s) as much as possible -- which means we might have to adjust the currently roughly planned outline of the story according to the abilities/preferences of the artist(s), so finalizing the scene outline will take time
- leaving some wiggle room for possible real life emergencies, busy school/work days.