[fated] » BG/UI artists | writers

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Iorium
Tumblr: iorium

[fated] » BG/UI artists | writers

#1 Post by Iorium »

fated, by Iorium Studio
TumblrWebsiteTwitter

Project information, spoiler-free.
(GxG | GxB) (Fantasy | Romance) (Free)
Before you apply...
  • This is a free project. Any monetary payment you request may not be fulfilled, and this studio does not yet have any way of making direct transactions (PayPal). You should have the ability to work for free with only being mentioned in the credits and under the Contributors page in Tumblr.
  • Dropping out of the project or taking a break from it is completely fine. It is preferable that if you do need to drop that you mention it beforehand, and that it is in the early development. Breaks would last a maximum of one month (preferably around 2 weeks break though), and then activity on this project should continue.
  • You should have a habit of going onto Ryver often for game-dev discussion and chatting. This is where updates (either weekly, biweekly or monthly) are held. This is where collaboration is held, so inactivity in this application will result in the assumption that you drop out.
  • Make sure you have samples or a portfolio prepared. These are vital for consideration, so if you do not have them ready, you will not be considered.
  • This shall be taken seriously. Those who are not interested nor passionate are not suited for this project; those who are only interested in payment should not apply for this project.
I am looking for...
  1. Writers, along with editing/proofreading, will be responsible for writing the script. Around 800 to 1K words would be written per week, unless stated otherwise, and writers should have played or written an interactive visual novel previously.
  2. Artist(s) will be responsible for the visuals. "Subcategories" include sprite, illustrational/CG, background, and graphic. At least a semi-anime style artwork is a must for this project; full anime is even better. Artists can apply for one or more subcategory of art.
  3. Composer and Sound will compose tracks and sound effects that will be used in the game. Composers should have basic orchestral and piano skills, but should also have some versatility as well to be able to compose tracks with different mood.
  4. Programmer will be putting the game into the Ren'Py engine. Programmers should have basic knowledge on not only the game itself (dialogue, menus and Python), but also the screening as well.
  5. Other roles that will be considered are chibi artist and web designer.
To apply...
Applicants should send an email to iorium@zoho.com with the role they wish to apply for and examples of their previous work or portfolio link. Make sure you have read over the post and information so that you clearly know the expectations and confirm interest towards the game. Any inquiries can be sent by replying to the thread, or sending an ask through the ask box on Tumblr. Private messaging will give applicants a slow reply. Thank you for your time, and Iorium hopes to work with you.
Last edited by Iorium on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: [fated] » artists | writers

#2 Post by Lucky1443 »

emailed!
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

Yenn

#3 Post by Yenn »

Email sent about writing position. :)

HarukaNami
Regular
Projects: Dire Love, The Exorcynic, Full Hearts, Cheat Heat

#4 Post by HarukaNami »

Email you earlier for writer's position.

Iorium

#5 Post by Iorium »

Hello!

Thank you all for replying here to this thread; I have successfully received all of your mails that you have sent. Please expect a reply possibly by tomorrow at the latest. Meanwhile, I am still looking for artists, especially a sprite, CG, and logo artist; writers as well. If you are interested, please email to the address iorium@zoho.com with your samples and/or portfolio.

Once again, thank you for your interest; I hope to be able to work with you soon!

Sincerely,
Iorium Studio.

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#6 Post by robovelociraptor »

Email sent, I look forward to hearing from you. ^^

GhostCracker

#7 Post by GhostCracker »

Emailed!

Iorium

#8 Post by Iorium »

Hello!

The role of the sprite and CG artist have been taken. Thank you to all who have applied for the position; the people who will take these positions have been chosen. These two positions will now be closed until further notice. We warmly welcome Koete Hoshi and Velo who will be doing the sprite art and CG art for the game respectively.
  • Koete Hoshi's art samples/thread may be viewed here.
    Velo's art portfolio may be viewed here.
Once again, thank you to everybody who applied; remember that the background and graphics artist position is still open, along with the writing position. If you are interested in applying, please send an email to iorium@zoho.com. Thank you for your interest, and Iorium hopes to work with you soon.

Sincerely,
Iorium Studio.

P.S.: Following us on social media will really help us keep us motivated, and you will be able to keep up with updates more efficiently. We opened up a Tumblr and a Twitter. Please do follow us for your support!
Also, here is a sketch of Eden (in his human form), done by the CG artist, Velo!

Iorium

Update

#9 Post by Iorium »

Hello!

A friendly reminder that the background and graphics artist positions are still open, along with the writer position. Any other help, such as composing soundtracks and programming are also very appreciated. If you are interested, remember to send an email to iorium@zoho.com or private message me in the site. Here is a little progress update. Percentages may not be accurate. There is not much done, since it is in early stages of development.

Planning: 100%
Outline: 1%
  • Prologue: 10%
    Main Story: 0%
    Endings: 0%
Drafting: 0%
Editing: 0%
Concept art: 44%
  • Trina: 100%
    Eden: 50%
    Angela: 100%
    Kiki: 100%
    Enya: 100%
    Sero: 0%
    Alice: 85%
    Joker: 0%
    ???: 0%
Sprites: 0%
CGs: 0%
Music/Sound: 0%
Programming: 0%

Thank you for visiting!

Iorium

Re: [fated] » BG/UI artists | writers

#10 Post by Iorium »

Hello!

We have been making more progress, especially in the art field. An update is that the programmer position will be closed until further notice. Thank you for applications regarding the position. We warmly welcome Andrewus, who will be working to program the game into Ren'Py for fated. On another note, Velo has been kind enough to draw a beautiful illustration which features Kiki, one of the pursuable characters in the game.

Please tell us what you think! We hope you will continue supporting us. The background artist and graphics artist position are still open. If you are interested, please send an email to iorium@zoho.com, and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Please enjoy the artwork. More updates will come in a later date.
art by robovelociraptor
Sincerely,
Iorium.

HarukaNami
Regular
Projects: Dire Love, The Exorcynic, Full Hearts, Cheat Heat

#11 Post by HarukaNami »

Just letting you know that Andrewus is very fast and a polite person! I'm really glad that you took him as your programmer! I had him in my project and he was amazing!

Iorium

#12 Post by Iorium »

Hi, everybody!

We have been making good progress for this project. Though, we would also like to let you know that without some help from other people - especially artists - we won't be able to complete this project at its highest quality. So this is a bump. However, an update is that the main menu image (by Velo) is done! We would love to show you it.

For safety reasons, it is a watermarked image, but it will not be watermarked in the game itself. Feel free to tell us how you think! Click the image for a bigger size.
From left to right: Kiki, Eden, Sero, Trina, Angela, ???, Joker, Alice, Enya

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#13 Post by Zelan »

It looks cute! I like that it has all of the main characters spread out so that they can all be seen. Plus, their poses give little hints as to their personalities. c:

Will the options be going along the bottom or the right side of the image?

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#14 Post by robovelociraptor »

Zelan wrote:It looks cute! I like that it has all of the main characters spread out so that they can all be seen. Plus, their poses give little hints as to their personalities. c:

Will the options be going along the bottom or the right side of the image?
Thank you! I tried my best with the poses and such, I'm glad it paid off! It was definitely hard. ;;

The options will probably go on the right, but if the GUI artist thinks it'll look better with them on the bottom I can adjust the image to fit with that, too. ^^