[Closed] Voice Actress needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sonorousgem
Regular

[Closed] Voice Actress needed

#1 Post by sonorousgem »

2/1/17 edit: decision has been made, huge thanks to applicants! :)

As subject suggests, I'm looking for one voice actress who can fill the role of Paige for my VN Valentine's Rush. (I know I've posted a couple of these before, but this role needs to be recast~) Please read the following before contacting me!

About the VN: Valentine’s Rush is a short, light BxG VN that follows a high school freshman’s life prior to Valentine’s Day as the days’ pace unexpectedly quickens.
The script (and the first version of the game itself) is actually completed; it has about 16,800 words. Any changes to it in this version (the second version) will be minor.
The character in question is Paige (every other role has been filled and lines are completed).
For more information about the game (and perhaps to see the characters and lines in context), please visit viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31389

Also, this is a free game and I'm an unemployed student so I can't pay you, sorry T.T

Character Info:
ImagePaige Martel- ~258 lines
Bio: A bouncy, spontaneous girl who knew Kenny and his family as a kid before moving away. Headstrong, stubborn, argumentative, but kind and slightly insecure. Likes puppies, makeup, and creating things.
Suggested Voice Type: medium high to high, excitable
Audition Lines:
1. OH MY GOSH. KENNY, IT IS YOU!! It's been forever!!!
2. (angry) That was sarcasm, Kenny! Of course you should care when your GIRLFRIEND is hungry! And independent of our relationship, you should still care because I am hungry!
3. Yes! And it's all your fault! You know I broke up with you last year because you suddenly decided to leave!

Recording Information:
- to be recorded in either a ".wav" or ".mp3" format! (if you send by email)
- to be saved as recorded files as "username_character-name_line#.wav" or "username_character-name_line#.mp3" such as "sonorousgem_kina_3.wav" (if you send by email)
- files sent to velvet.stuffy@gmail.com.
- Feel free to include demo reels if you like (via email).

REQUIREMENTS IF CAST
- must respond to messages within 2 days unless otherwise notified (I try to hold myself to this too)
- must be able to send ~25 lines + any redos every Sunday (or another day of the week if that works better). I wanted to release this by Valentine's Day but that is unlikely so if you are unable to send this many lines but still really want the role we can lower that line quota.

Game Progress Report:
I need to draw at least one more CG, as well as input other characters' lines into the game (may involve finding a sound editor). The game should be released about a week to a month after Paige's lines are completed.

Miscellaneous Info:
- I recommend you get a feel for the character by playing the completed first version of Valentine's Rush.
- You don't have to go by your real name if you prefer otherwise.
- There is NO profanity or 18+ content in any of the roles.
- If you are cast, I may ask to contact you via phone or video chat.
- If you have applied for this role in the past, feel free to apply again.

Deadline: Friday, January 27th. (May be extended if need be)

Thank you for reading! :)
Last edited by sonorousgem on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Voice Actress needed

#2 Post by sonorousgem »

please feel free to submit auditions today as well, since the earliest I'll be able to listen to them is tonight anyways. And don't feel intimidated by the 25 lines/ week... that can be negotiated so it is probably more flexible for you than it may seem!

edit: deadline has been extended to Friday, January 27th!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#3 Post by minyan »

I'll send in an audition! I'm not really a voice actress but I've always wanted to try it out. I'll submit the files to you after work. I live in Japan, so I'm not sure how our schedules will line up, but I respond to messages quickly and have no issues with the line quota.
ImageImage

sonorousgem
Regular

#4 Post by sonorousgem »

Sorry I just saw this! Technically auditions have closed, but if you send them to me soon, I'll give them a listen. If not cast, I will at the very least probably ask you to be a backup if you have the time. :)