NaNoReno 2017 General Recruitment Thread!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Lienai
Tumblr: lienaiwinso
Deviantart: breezem

Re: NaNoReno 2017 General Recruitment Thread!

#46 Post by Lienai »

Hello!
I'm an artist!
I'm looking for a team of people, who'd like do their best to create something new. I want to try my abilities and be a part of project.
I can draw character sprites, CGs, and also I can come up with character design. Mostly I draw girls, but drawing men isn's a problem.
Backgrounds are my weaknesses. I'm not good with them, but I can try my best.

I'm not afraid of nudity, violence or LGBT themes. (Even though my "cute" art-style doesn't really suitable for the cruelty) So I can deal with any genre of project.

You can see art examples at my DA gallery here.

I can communicate via e-mail, Skype or private messages.

If you are interested, please, let me know. Just pm me or send a message on e-mail: breeze_m@mail.ru
If you have some questions or want to see another art example (sketches), feel free to ask.

I found a team.
Thank you for attention and good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Lienai on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#47 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hi there!

I am looking for a CG Artist for my linear/Kinetic project An Encounter ~In The Rain~.
This will be using Tokudaya's spirtes so the style should not look too jarring from the sprites (nothing exact, but not extremely stylistic) I am OK if the coloring style differs a bit, since CGs are special.

ABOUT THE GAME:

- Technical -
This will be around 2,000+ words at 800x600 resolution. The reason is this was actually a really old project I wrote one day as a practice, and I really liked it and feel a certain point would make a good ending point, so I deleted anything after it and what I will be doing is simply tweaking and rewriting certain bits rather than starting from scratch. So if you are worried about it expanding or never finishing, that can't happen here. All background and character images are already programmed in so there will be minimal effort on the script's part.

- Story -
This is a friendship story about a girl named Van who wishes for the rain to take her. She meets a girl coming back from school who is concerned for her and offers to take her umbrella.

WORKLOAD:
3 CGs, 1 poster image. The first 3 images will be 800x600 resolution and the poster image will be 1224x1584 as the game's cover which I will be providing a free DVD insert download of for people's personal backups and displaying on my VN group's game page.

If you are interested, please send me a PM. I look forward to working with you~

I found an artist! Thank you~
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#48 Post by sasquatchii »

Hi~! I'd like to jump on the 2017 NaNoReNo bandwagon.

I'm a GUI designer and can create GUI, logos, and other design assets if need be. I created the GUI & logo for Stranded Hearts for YuriJam 2015. I also created the GUI & all art assets for a Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread.

I can also create icons and super cutesy vector art assets. Here is my dribbble profile with a few examples of my vector art work.

If you'd like to work with me, feel free to message me on here or DM me on twitter (I'm @sasquatchiix). You can also email laurahendersoncreative@live.com.

I've found a team! Looking forward to seeing what everyone is going to create :)

Image[/s]
Last edited by sasquatchii on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

candichan06
Regular
Projects: A Thief's Tale
Organization: Azure Rose Productions

#49 Post by candichan06 »

My turn to hop on the NaNo train! I was debating doing this but I'll give it a try!

The story I have in mind will be a GxG heavily based off of Cinderella. You can either romance 'Princess Charming', the fairy (who may or may not help you prepare for the ball), or neither.

Edit: Found a sprite artist; could use BG/composer assistance though :)

If you are interested in helping me with my NaNo project, please PM me! Thanks for reading!
Last edited by candichan06 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Project: A Thief's Tale
Demo here!

Tintenseher
Deviantart: Tintenseher
Soundcloud: Tintenseher

#50 Post by Tintenseher »

Hi, writer, editor, amateur sound designer, and very amateur programmer (i.e. I can make pictures move in Ren'Py) here looking for either a project to join or partners to work with.
I'm pretty open for whatever and at this point I'd really just love to pick up some experience, so if you'd like to work on a story about magical girls duking it out with Greek monsters or you'd just like to pick up another writer/editor/general helpy-guy for your work, I'm your guy.

Tintenseher#4108 on Discord, Tintenseher on Skype, and tintenseher@gmail.com.

Edit: I've found some lovely people to work with, although if you'd like to hit me up anyway I'd be happy to listen!
Last edited by Tintenseher on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NicoG

#51 Post by NicoG »

Hi !

I'm a music composer and I'd like to be part of this NaNoRenO.

Here's some music I did in the past.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 099E039DD2

Talk to you soon and let's make a great story !

Nicolas

GamerDaisy

#52 Post by GamerDaisy »

Hello! I'm looking to join a team. I have experience writing and editing for video games, including for Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Let me know! Thanks!

spdrcstl
itch: communistsister

#53 Post by spdrcstl »

Hi all! I'm relatively new to game dev, but I've done two small solo game jams and enjoyed them, and would love to do more! I've only used twine previously for games so I haven't much on the programming side to offer, but I'm up for any/all of the following:

-Plot/dialogue writing
-Music/sound fx
-Voiceacting (limited experience but looking for more!)
-Taking photographs etc for backgrounds
-Playtesting

I'm open to pretty much all projects, including 18+ ones, but would rather not work on anything with a lot of violence. As I do have a day job I can only commit a couple of evenings/weekends a week, but that hasn't stopped me working on & finishing projects in the past!

Previous solo work can be found on my itch.io page, or send me a message if there's anything else you'd like to see samples of :)

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#54 Post by Ghost #9 »

I know I'm incredibly late to the party, but now that I've got a solid project in mind and my time-restraining kinks worked out...

***We are looking for a sprite/CG artist!***

Current Team:
------------------------------------------------------------
Nine (Myself): Writer
Lucas: Background Artist

Project Overview:
------------------------------------------------------------
Name
Imaginarium

Summary
Group Meet is a popular website for folks to set up weekly or monthly gatherings with others who share similar interests. In the tiny town of Gold River Valley, the options are incredibly scarce. Miraculously, Imaginarium pops up on the list of available gatherings right at the onset of summer. Geared towards young adults in particular, the theme of this gathering appears to be for members to try something they've never done before during each weekly meeting. Sounds like good, clean, wholesome fun! ...Right?

When things inevitably begin to spiral out of control, it may be too late for anyone involved to return to the simple lives they'd been trying so desperately to escape.

Setting
Previously a fairly well-populated mining town, the area has since cleared out considerably having not produced any precious stones or minerals in well over half a century. Abandoned homesteads and mine shafts dot the area here and there; most residents are older and belong to families that have had claims to the land for several generations. Though fairly unknown, the town's pretty mountain views and interesting history does draw tourists and temporary residents every now and then.

Major Characters:
• Iris: A prim and proper lady with perhaps too little regard for self-preservation when it comes to the pursuit of a grand adventure.
• Dakota: An enigma who may or may not be your best friend, depending on their mood.
• Gabriel: Somehow manages to be uncannily observant despite near-constantly having his nose buried in a book.
• Astrid: A tall and imposing girl with a frightening visage that practically screams she's up to no good, but probably the nicest person you'll ever meet.
• Theo: Approximately 50% of his attention is always focused on what must certainly be a very strange and fascinating inner world.

waterflame

#55 Post by waterflame »

Better late then never right...? Hahaha;;;

Anyway... Me and a friend decided upon trying out for NaNoReno this year in which we plan to do a SciFi Mystery Romance. Currently we have a programmer(me) and a writer(DragomirCM). So we'd at least need an Artist for help with Sprite work(if we're lucky maybe even have a CG or two). Though music is important we'll most likely have to use CC material but if a composer really wants to work with us we'd be more then happy! We have a discord server set up for communication between team members. I look forward to working with ya!

Title: Leya - Forgotten Soul

Description: The story takes place in the Year XX94 when a human colony ship comes across a mysterious vessel. One of the colony’s guards(currently unnamed) is sent to check it out. There, he meets a mysterious AI calling herself Leya, who upon meeting the guard takes the form of a beautiful humanoid woman. Confronted with an AI who has a limited understanding of the human species. What mysteries lie in wait?

Brittany Ann
Regular
Soundcloud: brittanyannphillips

#56 Post by Brittany Ann »

Hello!

I'm a voice actress!
I'm looking to help out/contribute to any groups that are needing voices for their projects (for free, of course).
I can portray female voices ranging in age from a preteen to a young adult.
I have a Canadian accent and have a little bit of range with American accents.
I'd like to work on PG13 games if possible! No no nudity, no abuse or violence, please!
I can communicate via private messages or through skype.

Demo Reel: https://soundcloud.com/brittanyannactor ... -reel-2017

Brittany Ann
Website/Demo ReelFacebookInstagramTwitter
Business Email: brittanyannphillipsva@gmail.com

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best."
- Henry van Dyke

DoubleH
itch: doubleh

#57 Post by DoubleH »

My team is mostly done, but we need another artist to help with the work. Any help is appretiated, if you draw clothes well that would be great.

My game consists of a dating sim with humor elements. A guy in highschool is so ridiculously nice, cooks for everyobody, rescues puppies, and every girl falls for him. Hijinks ensue as every girl tries to impress him.

Thank you for your time and good jamming everyone.
Last edited by DoubleH on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

ISAWHIM
Veteran

#58 Post by ISAWHIM »

Hate to ask the obvious...

What is "NaNoReno"?

Four pages of posts, and not a mention of what it actually is... Is this a "RenPy" thing?

I'd hate to sign-up, then find-out it's some kind of blood-letting cult of dead cow worship...

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#59 Post by pyopyon »

ISAWHIM wrote:Hate to ask the obvious...

What is "NaNoReno"?

Four pages of posts, and not a mention of what it actually is... Is this a "RenPy" thing?

I'd hate to sign-up, then find-out it's some kind of blood-letting cult of dead cow worship...
LOOOLL

NaNoRenO is a play on words, related to NaNoWriMo, which stands for NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth. People try to write a 50,000 word novel in a month, blah blah blah....

Anyway, NaNoRenO is the same thing, except you make a game in a month. Unlike its novel writing counterpart, the rule is start and complete a game by April 1st. You can use any game engine, so it's not just Ren'Py! It is popular here, though.

This thread is for people to find people to make games with!

No blood sacrifices here! (Not that many, anyway. It's crazy, what people will do to finish a game.......)
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

ISAWHIM
Veteran

#60 Post by ISAWHIM »

Gotcha, and thanks for explaining it. Never heard of either thing before.

Is the game demanding of the 50,000 word thing too? Is there an official website or something? (Or an unofficial one?)