Last Minute Nano Recruiting! - Voice Actors

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

Last Minute Nano Recruiting! - Voice Actors

#1 Post by Agashi »

Hey all! Our team is still looking to fill a few positions for our upcoming scifi-romance project, "This, My Soul." It is a GxB romance, with the main love interest being a seemingly emotionless android... so any potential contributors should be aware that there is a heavy robolove aspect to this game. We don't shy away from it. :wink:

-- Plot Overview:

MC is rescued by a laborer-android when her ship and crew are destroyed during a routine mission by space debris. The two survivors must spend an entire three-month journey alone with each other aboard a small ship and perhaps get to know one another on the way... It's a slow, ponderous romance between the two characters and the player's choices determine how it unfolds - or doesn't unfold, as the case may be.

We are looking for:

- CG Artist - The art style we're looking for has changed a bit, and is a little more anime-style now. The rough concept sketches are below to give you an idea, but the design for the MC may look slightly different in the final version (mostly want to tweak her proportions a bit, so prospective artists should be comfortable drawing curvy women). We're still shooting to have around 7 CGs, but only 4 are really necessary. Anything after that would just be icing on the cake... :D We should be able to provide backgrounds for you to use, so limited background-drawing capabilities shouldn't be a problem! CG Artist found!
Edit: Ah! Forgot to attach!
Edit: Ah! Forgot to attach!
- Proofreader - As I'm the only one writing this thing, and it's looking like there's going to be quite a few words in the finished game (probably around 40,000), I don't think I'll have a lot of time to edit my own work. An extra set of eyes would be extremely appreciated to help catch any typos, grammatical errors, etc... :oops: Proofreader found!

- Voice Actors* - This will be something of an experiment for me as I've never worked with voice actors before, and I'm not entirely sure that this particular project really needs it. If we decide to include it, it should just be partial. Because of this, I admit I'll probably be a little picky about who we work with here. :wink: We want actors who are - more or less - the perfect fit for their prospective characters. We need one male and one female voice for:
  • LAS-51 aka Silas: His vocal range isn't as important as his tone, so anyone from tenor to bass is welcome to apply. Silas is an android with very few outward expressions of emotion. That being said, he does learn and adapt as the story goes on, so while his voice should be even and smooth (dulcet, even) at all times, there will be moments later on where some strained emotion should be heard trying to leak through. Demo reels are fine, but if you'd like to give Silas' voice a shot (since I think most reels try to show an actor's range of emotion, as opposed to the lack of it), feel free to PM me for some lines. :mrgreen:
  • MC: Her vocal range should be mellow and more in the mezzo-soprano/alto/contralto range. To contrast with Silas' more reserved voice, MC's should be comfortable expressing a wider range, especially since there will be quite a few more choices than most VNs, with opportunities for players to express themselves in different ways.
Thanks very much, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Last edited by Agashi on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Re: Last Minute Nano Recruiting! - CG Artist, Proofreader, V

#2 Post by LegendEx »

Hi there! I don't mind proofreading for you :) Send me a message if you're interested and I can link you to any necessary samples.

Agashi
Regular

#3 Post by Agashi »

Ah whoops! We actually filled the proofreader position a little while ago! Thank you for the interest though! I'll go ahead and update the first post. :)
Current Projects:

Brittany Ann
Regular
Soundcloud: brittanyannphillips

#4 Post by Brittany Ann »

Hello,

I recently came across your thread and read that you were also looking for a voice actress. Are you still accepting auditions or demo reels at this time?

Brittany Ann

Agashi
Regular

#5 Post by Agashi »

Definitely! I'll keep the first post updated, so as long as it's up, we're still lookin' :D
Current Projects: