Looking for partners {background artist, musician, etc}!!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
snowleopard18
Completed: ;-;
Projects: Project Spider
Organization: `^`

Looking for partners {background artist, musician, etc}!!

#1 Post by snowleopard18 »

Hello, everyone!! :) Call me Snowy, I promise not to bite (hard~). ;) I'm a team of one hoping to begin a series of GxB VN novels that are heavily based on plot and character development, and for this to happen, I'm going to need the help of talented individuals! :D Of course, this won't be just me. :> I'm looking for others who'd like to create high-quality plot-driven GxB VNs with me, so if you're interested, please PM me!!
Now, onto the reason you're even here! :D
Basics of VN
-First off, some basics. The VN I've begun is and will be titled Project Spider.
-It will be a 15+ VN with violence and, of course, suggestive themes. I will not have any sex scenes written or drawn, so no worries of that. :3 (I will, however, have ending CGs obviously hinting to it, but that's as far as I'll allow~ :>)
-This VN is heavily involved with the paranormal, so expect lots of supernatural (that's supernatural with a lowercase 's' |D) inflections.
-Romance? Romance. (Didn't we cover this already? :3)
-There will be much comedy. So...like a paranormal/comedy/action/romance.
-I do not intend for the relationship between the love interest and MC to be developed purely through physical CGs or interaction. That isn't a basis of love for me; there will be plot and character development heavily influencing the routes. If this sounds boring or lame, there's a cute little back button at the top left corner of your screen.
-I hope for this game to be 5-8 hrs long in game-play.
-Each character will have 4 routes: Sweet Ending, Safe Ending, Bad Ending, and Dark Ending.

Hook :: MC expected an easy European vacation with her two friends the moment they stepped off the airplane and onto the carpeted floors of the Amsterdam airport. And she was right - for the first few days. It's not until they tour the remains of an ancient mansion that she stumbles past an 'Off-Limits' doorway and into a world beyond human perception; one of glitter, I Spy games, "This can't be happening"s, three-eyed cats, refugee saving, assassinations, and extreme danger rated 18+. Plus, throw in seven less-than human individuals and a dash of hormones and, well...madness ensues. But the good sort. The sort that puts a European vacation with two friends to shame. After all, when one is looking for a sort of adventure to spice up their dull human-like life...it's best to involve oneself in a project. And, as Mary discovers, nothing is as enchanting as Project Spider itself. (This hook is beyond crappy, BUT, never fear, it is under construction~ c:)

SYNOPSIS:: MC - who will have the changeable name of Mary Sue - stumbles into a society of supernatural creatures at the brink of war. Upon discovering a mark designating one of the seven as her soulmate, she and the chosen partner must find a way to return her home - through this, she is exposed to this society's culture and ways of life, bringing her closer and closer to her chosen partner. However, before she can be returned, problems arise, putting her life and the lives she loves at the edge of death itself.
-There will be seven routes, perhaps a hidden eighth route if all get finished. Each route will be a little different from this basic synopsis, in the sense that not all characters will be looking to get the MC home right away. Some decide to use her skills for themselves before she's able to convince them to take her home, etc. (<--- that's just one example.) Along with this, before MC can ever be returned home, she and her chosen partner get involved in some sort of life-or-death situation involving the looming war. This is unique for each route - hence I couldn't really detail it all that well up there ^^".

--This story has been worked on and hashed out for years, if you have any clarification questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. This VN plot is relatively new, and may or may not experience rewrites as I try to work everything in. My original story in this world is set post-VN, so forgive me if things seem a little hectic and out of whack as I try to smooth it out better. :)--

Positions
As this has been quite a recent decision on my side to create this VN...*sweatdrop* I'm currently the only one on this project. I have high hopes for this project, however, as I would like this to be a high-quality English VN for others to play. Currently I have undertaken the role of Head Writer and Character/Chibi Artist. Positions still in demand, however, are:
Art
  • Chibi Artist
Ok, so yes, I just listed that I've put myself in charge of the chibis, but to be perfectly honest, I'm really not the BAMF of chibis. I love making them, they're great, but I know there are much more talented individuals out there. :> If this super cute job sounds perf for you, please PM me. :) I'll work on getting you some colored characters of mine your way. Will need full-body chibis and chibi heads, probs more because chibis. :>
  • Background Artist
Backgrounds are necessary for setting the tone, and unfortunately, white space isn't qualified for that job. :) I have a set of ideas for backgrounds/rooms in the mansion most of the VN will feature in and can PM ideas if someone is interested.
  • Interface Artist
Someone willing to design the chat boxes and all clickable boxes, choose/find font, etc, etc Basically making it look real pretty. <3
  • Logo Artist
I'm really itching for a beautifully gothic-like logo. :> More ideas on that can come from a simple PM my way.
  • Artist
These will be artists for sub-characters and Paura and anything else that needs its own special image for the role it'll play. Will have the most freedom as I'll most of the design up to them.
  • (optional) Animator
This is completely optional, but I would really like an opening movie for this VN, something along the the lines of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw0SZsruJsE. Definitely not nearly as long as that, but something to get the player excited for the possible routes. :)
  • Musician
I'd really love some beautiful OST handmade by some talented musicians out there~ :> I ADORE the Vampire Knight OST, hands-down, for this VN. Same with the Diabolik Lovers OST. Really more of a gothic-romantic feel? Is that what it would be called...? ^^" Ehhh...I'm not sure. I'd love multiple OSTs to choose from for situations, as I feel music is one of the best deciders on mood. :) Also, I'm itching for something along the lines of rock (but not too heavy, just enough to give that supernatural feel) for the opening screen and ending credits. :) Some ideas for this include: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_SBLN ... DjFJ3teyUp, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0vKyj ... DjFJ3teyUp, (sound-wise, obviously not lyrically wise, lol xD). I would prefer something softer and more resolute for the ending, whereas something upbeat and peppy for the opening.
Writer/Plot Designers/Etc
  • Assistant Writers
This really doesn't have a set number, although I'd like at least 2 others besides me. They would help in writing out routes and in making sure the plot is all lining up properly, that all plot holes are covered, that it's smooth and that things aren't running too quickly, etc, etc. They'll help in outlining plot, as well as creating sub-characters (I already have a few, but more is always good~) for this VN.
  • Spellchecker/Grammar Nazi
Nuff said. You'll run through the script and make sure nothing is spelled wrong (I've been taking a second language for awhile, so sometimes I...mix up my spelling, so to speak? ^^") You'll make sure things are making sense, if you feel confident in your grammar skills, too. :D If not, don't worry about it, you can just be a spellchecker. :>
  • (optional) Grammar Nazi
Nuff said here too. Optional. :3
  • Programmer
Yes, you read right!! :D I'm dreadfully horrible at programming, so this is probably the most important job here~ ^^ Like, honestly, I don't even know where to start. Looking at Ren'Py sorta gives me a headache? So this is like...super high in demand?? I have a lot of ideas for this VN and will need some assistance in making them come true~ (But for the time being, I'll be reading and rereading and rerereading tutorials ^^")
Exciting Features to be Featured
-Hopefully allowing the player to change her name ._."
-Allowing the player to change clothes - MAYBE. Maybe. Still not sure.
-Affection points to be earned (as in every VN xD)
-An opening movie, so to speak? Something 40-50 secs long to get the player excited for the characters~ :> (this depends on whether or not I can find an animator/animators).
-CGs, duh. I plan on not a lot...but a lot. c:
-A Kickstarter for all involved in Project Spider
-And many more, as I think of them!!~
*Unfortunately, the player will not have a changeable personality v.v But she will be less Mary Sue and more 3D than most.
What's To Be Done?
Prologue has already been scripted and mapped out.
-All routes need to be scripted and written.
-All CG's need to be drawn.
-All characters need to be drawn.
-All. Everything.

In Exchange
-For the time being, I plan for this game to be free for the first few months or so. Depending on how high-quality and how well-received and advertised we are able to get it by that time, it will then become commercial. I hope to allow the Kickstarter to provide funds for all involved, but if not, and if no payment is able to come through at all for this VN, then I fully expect this to be a project worked on during free time; meaning, I'm fine with how long it will take for this to get done. I would like for it not take more than a year...hopefully? ^^" But you never know, with busy schedules and life and whatnot. :)
-I will be sure to provide a fun, friendly environment for everyone. :) Plus, I hope for all involved to become invested enough for us to become a team of sorts. :)
-Virtual cookies and pie, what?! xD
-More, too, but that'll be saved as a surprise for whoever feels up to undertaking this grand task (*dramatic adventure music*)

Interested?
If you have any questions or are interested, please PM me or leave a comment. :) Thank you so so much!!~
Last edited by snowleopard18 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Looking for partners {background artist, musician, etc}!

#2 Post by Zelan »

I would be interested in being the resident Grammar Nazi once NaNoRenO is over (end of March). Feel free to hit me up then. c:

GhostCracker

#3 Post by GhostCracker »

Sent a PM!

Karma_z

#4 Post by Karma_z »

Sent a PM.

rainbowolfe
Organization: SpaceTime Studios
Tumblr: rainbowolfe
Deviantart: rainbowolfe1

#5 Post by rainbowolfe »

Hiya!

This actually sounds really cool! ^3^ I'd love to be apart of this if you're still looking for team members. I can do background art, CG's, and Sprite Art as needed! Aaaand, I'm also an animator~ //cool, right?

Examples of all my artwork and animations can be found on my DA~ But if you're having trouble finding anything, just let me know and I'll link you directly to examples .3. I can do a semi-realistic style, an anime style, and a more toony style (think Panty and Stocking). I've been searching for awhile for a VN to work on, and it's apparently harder than I thought it would be -3-"

But yeah! I hope we'll be able to work together on this!

http://rainbowolfe1.deviantart.com/

neptune15

#6 Post by neptune15 »

sent pm

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

#7 Post by Lucky1443 »

Sent a PM!
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

wolf-fer

#8 Post by wolf-fer »

Sent PM!

Oracle
Regular
Projects: Freight Train, Moonlight River, Arbitration, Timewave, Stardust, Dead Mistress, Dark Forces
Soundcloud: Sound_Oracle

#9 Post by Oracle »

Sent pm
Let's change the world one note at a time~
Check out my Soundcloud!