!! Writers Needed for Voln, an XXX Fantasy RPG !!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
m0RV

!! Writers Needed for Voln, an XXX Fantasy RPG !!

#1 Post by m0RV »

I'll put it to you plainly: We need writers of erotica, but we have very little money to spare at present. Now let me tell you why this is a good thing for you.

First of all, learn a little about us. If you like what we're doing, come back and read the rest of this email. Otherwise, I'll just be wasting your time.

We have proven to be extraordinarily popular on Patreon, garnering 19 patrons in 24 hours. At this rate, we'll achieve our first goal by mid-April! This is where you come in. As the writing talent, it's your job to fill a long list of fetish requests, most of which will occur with total strangers (the enemies of the game, once defeated, become... cooperative), so you have to love writing about lustful sex. Specifically, you have to love writing about sex in the second person, from the male viewpoint. If your hungry for success and also sexually-inclined, this is your chance! I will be seeking an apprentice, and as the months roll by and the Patreon flourishes (and it will), I'll be able to afford to pay more and more, and eventually, if you prove yourself right for the task, I'll give you a chunk of the Patreon earnings permanently (or until you retire)!

Now a warning to you if you're a woman: of the women I've worked with throughout this project, all have proven unproductive or quit because of qualms with the physical nature of the content. If you are a woman and you want to be my apprentice in this project, please, please check your inhibitions at the door. Women in this game have none. It's a fantasy, harmless, indulgent fun geared toward men. That being said, the slutty nature of the characters doesn't deter their having rich personalities. Some can be extremely picky about sexy things, in fact. But enough about that for now.

If you're hungry for success, let's help each other. I need to know you're reliable, adaptable, skilled, and prolific, and you need to see what I'm promising coming to pass, so in the meantime, why not give it a go? Break into professional writing the way you've always dreamed, become part of a team, and leave your mark on our licentious world.

Starting pay is a mere 5 USD per 1,500 words. This is because this entire venture is coming out of my pockets, the art, the game design, the programming, the sound design, the music, and the biblical amount of writing. So this rate is the best I can offer at present. If you have a problem with that, I'd say you're simply not hungry enough. Also, please show me the same courtesy I've shown you, and don't waste my time. If you really are interested, prove it. Provide me with a sample of your erotic work, and remember, the work should be erotic for men, and that means it should be "nasty", not harlequin.

Send me an email at voln.m0RV@gmail.com and expect that I'll want to communicate via Skype.

Kay'el

Re: !! Writers Needed for Voln, an XXX Fantasy RPG !!

#2 Post by Kay'el »

You keep using the word 'apprentices'. I do not think you know what that means.

And boy, smatterings of sexism is most definitely the way to get people to work for you!

m0RV

#3 Post by m0RV »

Kay'el wrote:You keep using the word 'apprentices'. I do not think you know what that means.
...I wrote the game myself. And I wrote and published a book, too. About the game.

Kay'el wrote:And boy, smatterings of sexism is most definitely the way to get people to work for you!
Nothing I said is sexist. Also, I'm looking for someone to work with me.

OdicHastings

#4 Post by OdicHastings »

mORV, look this seems like it might not be the best foot to get off on?

I'm sure you're a nice guy, and you're just trying to get your project off the ground. But, quite a bit of this felt... weird. I'm not sure your team pitch is coming off how you think it is.

Complaining about the attitudes you've seen from previous workers is, at best, a strange thing to put in your recruitment pitch. Additionally, some of this is rubbing on myself (and I suspect others) as slightly arrogant.

Again, I'm sure you're decent, and mean all this in the best way. But at the same time, appearance matters.

Referring to people as 'apprentices'. Telling people not willing to work for 5$ per 1500 words as 'not hungry enough'. (Which, hey! I've seem WAY worse rates offered to writers. It's low, but you're working on a budget. I get it. You're offering something.)

None of that looks good. If you're trying to get people to join you, taking a step back, and reconsidering your overall pitch might be wise.

Your work seems interesting, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Kay'el

#5 Post by Kay'el »

m0RV wrote:
Kay'el wrote:You keep using the word 'apprentices'. I do not think you know what that means.
...I wrote the game myself. And I wrote and published a book, too. About the game.

Kay'el wrote:And boy, smatterings of sexism is most definitely the way to get people to work for you!
Nothing I said is sexist. Also, I'm looking for someone to work with me.
1. Really? Can you link the book? How well did it sell and how well was it reviewed? If you're a professional writer, than you should be able to write the game no problem.
2. You have a whole paragraph blaming women for not being able to handle your content. Gj convincing women to come write for you. More likely, they quit when they realized they were dealing with someone who was going to give them a giant list of unfair demands with no real compensation.

You're not looking for partners, which is the point of this sub-forum. You're basically looking for unpaid interns, and even that's a charitable explanation. That's incredible unprofessional and it's little wonder you and your other group member couldn't find you a long term writer because your pitches are so unappealing.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

If you're planning to monetize your project through Patreon, you're - strictly speaking - not a free project.

Are you planning to release your game for free, to the public and not just to Patreon backers, once it is finished?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

m0RV

#7 Post by m0RV »

Taleweaver wrote:Are you planning to release your game for free, to the public and not just to Patreon backers, once it is finished?
Yes.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

Alright. In that case, the thread's in the correct section of our forums.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

m0RV

#9 Post by m0RV »

Taleweaver wrote:Alright. In that case, the thread's in the correct section of our forums.
*thumbs up*

genericuser01

#10 Post by genericuser01 »

After you get the work, are you going to screw the writer out of the promised payment like you do the artist(s) you "hired" to work on the project?

https://www.facebook.com/jasonchngart/p ... 9389522102