Alone - The Darkness Need's (Artists, Programmer & Composer)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
AscaronGaming

Alone - The Darkness Need's (Artists, Programmer & Composer)

#1 Post by AscaronGaming » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 am

Hi everyone,

My Name is Rainer and iam the Lead of a sall Gaming Community. In our endeavor for variety we try in this Step an New Genre to write a New Chapter. In this case, I've searched the Internet and I've stayed on Renpy. I think it is a nice Platform to make rly good Things. I like the old Time of the RPGs like Zelda or Mystic Quest Legend, the first RPGs i played. Since today is a bit more better than bevor about a lot of Things are New and Changed like Internet :D

In this Test-Project we would like to see what is possible in a Visual Novel Game. Therefore, we would like to complete the first chapter only once to see how the behavior is to a PC or Console Game. For this I need Volunteers who should be able to stay for the entire VN if you want to Complete.

Facts: The MainTitlePicture is Unmistakable, The plot plays in a large Forest Area with some Sequences from the Past of the different actors whose Decision you can control. The genre is also clearly Horror and based on Games like Until Dawn. For the first chapter are legally 8 actresses planned 4 male and 4 female. The characters can be determined and refined by the artists themselves so that you can find your own charm and way - that is, you decide what the char likes and what does not react to what he is allergic and what he is looking forward to.

Sry for my bad english and the sadly translation with google, but i want this projekt and i dont have a other option :D

greetz so long

Edit:

Update for Maintitle Soundtrack: https://youtu.be/Qzlhlf1ASyc

A small addition for the project that we would like to add for better understanding . . .

Alone - The Darkness is based on the Survival Horror Genre. In the most Visual Novels also called VN's that fall into this genre, it is usually the one or more Person (s) in a Storyline to find something interesting and follow that which is probably because the Humans as an Individual by Nature Is curious.

Short Story / Background overview: In Alone - The Darkness, the Protagonist does not play the role of one or more people as usual, but controls & decides the entire Game. An arbitrarily selected number of Persons "8 in the number" get a Message in different ways which leads you all at the same Day at the same Time to the same Place due to the human Curiosity. The Journey takes all Barticipants to a place whose past has been very important in the early 1960s and is still a great Mystery to this Day. 

The Characters Jason Black (American 25 years old ), David Flynn (English 21 years old), Charly Chan (Chinese 19 years old) & Adam Winter (German 21 years old) represent the male Part of the Game. The female Characters will be represented by Kimberly, Ashford (Canadian 18 years old), Yukiko Matzuko (Japanese 24 years old), Sarah Kumari (India 21 years old) & Alexa Chevalier (France 26 years old) - In this Case we apologize for not giving more Data for the Characters as it is generally better for the Gameplay to see how the Characters react in the Game, which in this turn it's also better for the Effect of Decisions to access and does not know how the Reaction might fail . . .

Last edited by AscaronGaming on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: Alone - The Darkness Need's (Artists, Programmer & Compo

#2 Post by Lucky1443 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

What kind of art are you looking for, like 3D, or an anime style?
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

Skyld

#3 Post by Skyld » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Lucky1443 wrote:What kind of art are you looking for, like 3D, or an anime style?
its like Anime with real Backgrounds for better Gameplay and Atmosphere.

pervertparade

#4 Post by pervertparade » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Is the game intended for English audiences or German audiences? Or do you intend to translate the game and release it in several languages?

Will team members need to speak German in order to communicate within the group and/or understand the game's story?

Which gameplay features do you intend to include in the first chapter? Are the decisions limited to VN dialogue choices? Or will the player be expected to click objects in the scene, manage inventory items, solve logic puzzles, etc? How much prior experience or skill do you expect from your programmers?

How much artwork is required for each character? How many different headshots, body poses, facial expressions, costume changes, etc?

Are the artists expected to find public-domain background images, or will you be handling that task?

What level of horror do you expect to include in the first chapter? Are the artists expected to draw monsters, violence, occult/religious themes, death, or gore?

Assume that the project has succeeded and the team is now working on the subsequent chapters. Would the artists be expected to draw any of the previously-mentioned items (gore, violence, etc)?

How far back in time do the flashback sequences extend? Will the artists need to significantly alter the character designs or art-style in order to depict childhood events?

Is the game based on straightforward horror storytelling, or is it more of a meta-commentary on horror tropes? Or is it a different type of story (such as comedy or romance) which merely occurs within a horror setting?

How many people have already joined the team, and what are their roles (or skillsets)?

How much of the game has already been created? How long has it been in development?

What's the expected play-time of the first chapter? How many different replays (or alternate storylines) do you plan to support? If the project succeeds, then what duration would you estimate for a single playthrough of the full game? Is there an expected word-count for the script of the complete game?

What's the expected pace or timeline of development? Is there a minimum time commitment per week in order for a team member to remain involved? Is there a specific deadline by which all assets must be completed?

Are there any specific communication, collaboration, or file-sharing tools which you expect team members to use while working on this project?

AscaronGaming

#5 Post by AscaronGaming » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:33 am

pervertparade wrote:Is the game intended for English audiences or German audiences? Or do you intend to translate the game and release it in several languages?
The game will be in English, the spoken / written language will also be English. Since the game is literally a test to see what is possible, there will be no other languages.
Will team members need to speak German in order to communicate within the group and/or understand the game's story?
No, only English.
Which gameplay features do you intend to include in the first chapter? Are the decisions limited to VN dialogue choices? Or will the player be expected to click objects in the scene, manage inventory items, solve logic puzzles, etc? How much prior experience or skill do you expect from your programmers?
This question is difficult to explain or describe if you have little or no experience with games like Heavy Rain or Until Dawn. Gimmicks should be integrated if possible, because I am of the opinion that a game without gimmicks is not rly good, well as in real life the little things make a Game or Situation. As far as programming is concerned, I think that this test is relatively simple because it will mainly be about decisions that will trigger other events and decisions. The typical causality effect, action and reaction.
How much artwork is required for each character? How many different headshots, body poses, facial expressions, costume changes, etc?
Each character should have "no must" 5 - 8 facial expressions, while poses or body language are the first time since this is only a time effort to perfect it. Because it is a Test, superfluous and time-consuming details are not wanted.
Are the artists expected to find public-domain background images, or will you be handling that task?
The background will be if there is no other designer from me as I have of all the work on the project from the communitypart the most experience and practice possess.
What level of horror do you expect to include in the first chapter? Are the artists expected to draw monsters, violence, occult/religious themes, death, or gore?
The basis of the story does not include monsters, but possibly paranormal activities "I hate spoiling :evil: "
Assume that the project has succeeded and the team is now working on the subsequent chapters. Would the artists be expected to draw any of the previously-mentioned items (gore, violence, etc)?
If the case were "what I hope" the project can be continued, a certain level of theatricality and drama would emerge, but this does not exceed the boundaries of brutality.
How far back in time do the flashback sequences extend? Will the artists need to significantly alter the character designs or art-style in order to depict childhood events?
The Flashbacksceness are planned on junior high and future scenes "i hate spoiling -.-" :D
Is the game based on straightforward horror storytelling, or is it more of a meta-commentary on horror tropes? Or is it a different type of story (such as comedy or romance) which merely occurs within a horror setting?
For my part, I would say that it is a way of looking at how life is lived and used, to be aware of what it means to live. But I think that would be the falsh of the genre - basically, it's the classic horror and shock effect that the game is supposed to create, a captivating band that is supposed to make an effort to keep going because it's just so good.
How many people have already joined the team, and what are their roles (or skillsets)?
Currently, there are 2 people including me who work on the story and the story, because I like the description, the character configuration to the artists themselves, because only in this way creates a real character with character
How much of the game has already been created? How long has it been in development?
I would say that approximately 15% of the first chapter are finished with action, conversation and decisions, 3 Weeks - the Thing about me is i must work 9h per Day and i live in Lisbon Portugal so u dont have rly much free Time for Hobbys here :D but i will spent the Time what is needed.
What's the expected play-time of the first chapter? How many different replays (or alternate storylines) do you plan to support? If the project succeeds, then what duration would you estimate for a single playthrough of the full game? Is there an expected word-count for the script of the complete game?
The first chapter "can" have a duration of 3-5 hours depending on how often you have played it before. There are 8 single ends planned as well as possible combinations should survive more like a character. I can not estimate the total playing time at the moment, just like the number of words, which I think is understandable since the story & plot is only 40%.
What's the expected pace or timeline of development? Is there a minimum time commitment per week in order for a team member to remain involved? Is there a specific deadline by which all assets must be completed?
As with any project you start, you will of course be ready as soon as possible, since this is a volunteer project, time plays less of a role, since it is more important to end step by step with "quality" instead of quantity
Are there any specific communication, collaboration, or file-sharing tools which you expect team members to use while working on this project?
I'm not expecting anything, since everything happens on a voluntary basis, as far as communication is concerned, Skype, Facebook, as well as a Teamspeak server are available and WhatsApp is certainly possible. For the data transfer of documents, zip files or folders, the TS server is available, otherwise you have to agree on a cloud or something.

I hope I could answer your questions and if possible with further questions please write me PM or mail as I hate spoiling really :P :wink: Basic questions can be asked, but please do not include details, thx

pervertparade

#6 Post by pervertparade » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 am

AscaronGaming wrote:Gimmicks should be integrated if possible ... As far as programming is concerned, I think that this test is relatively simple ... decisions that will trigger other events and decisions.
This is a recruitment thread; the goal is to explain what you require so that people can decide whether the project is suitable for them.

If you want programmers who have prior experience with hidden-object gameplay then you should say so. If you want programmers who have previously worked on games with complicated scene-variations and narrative triggers then you should say so.

Perhaps you're willing to accept a novice programmer, and you're prepared to reduce the technical complexity of your game based on their skill level. If so, that's very kind of you. But you should say so clearly.
The basis of the story does not include monsters, but possibly paranormal activities "I hate spoiling :evil: "
Please try to imagine the readers of this thread as your teammates rather than your audience. Sharing necessary information is more important than avoiding spoilers.

If you intend to include demons, ghosts, creepy Victorian dolls, zombies, wild animals, psychological dreamscapes, Lovecraftian elder gods, or whatever... then you should say so. Because your artists will presumably need to draw those things, and novice artists will usually be more familiar with human subjects. There's no sense in recruiting someone and then having them quit after a few days (when they discover exactly what's involved in the project).
But I think that would be the falsh of the genre - basically, it's the classic horror and shock effect that the game is supposed to create
Is the artist supposed to deliver these shocks visually? So far, it seems as though you're asking only for character sprites.

Does the artist need to draw images which will shock the player? Or do they need to draw only the frightened "reaction face" of an in-game character?
I hope I could answer your questions and if possible with further questions please write me PM or mail as I hate spoiling really :P :wink: Basic questions can be asked, but please do not include details, thx
Rules and Moderation Policy

14.) Public Discussion
The Lemma Soft Forums are meant for public discussion. Threads that direct replies to PMs or Email may be deleted.

Vnigma
Regular
Projects: Origin of War
Organization: VNigma

#7 Post by Vnigma » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:01 am

Hello
I am a renpy Programmer/artist, i draw mature styled characters mostly. I'd like to offer my services if u'd have them
here's my facebook:https://www.facebook.com/VNigma.Studio

AscaronGaming

#8 Post by AscaronGaming » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:24 pm

@ pervertparade:

I am a friend of criticism, but what you do here is in my opinion no criticism, nor do you show interest in the project. If I am of the opinion that I want to give as little as possible Spoiler, then that is so. As far as your "criticisms" are concerned, I think all the important information has been mentioned or rather said, since it would not be wise to give up the details that the other can use. As for the spirits, scenes / action scenes as well as everything else regarding backgrounds, this is also described as more than sufficient, so it does not matter if you are the God in Artists or a Noob the same for programming / scripted, because it is only a testprojekt and Should also be treated as such in order to learn. If you are interested, then tell me, otherwise I would ask you to avoid unnecessary "spam" to ask no more unnecessary questions, unless you are interested. . . Thx

AscaronGaming

#9 Post by AscaronGaming » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

Hi there,

The first week is over and I / we would like to bring you to the latest state of things.

The demo (with the contents of chapter 1 and a shortly Character introduction) is about to be completed. The Team has increased from 2 to 5 and have currently covered the slots for . . .

- Programming = Vnigma
- Characters = LoiLoi
- Backgrounds = HsiaoBella

Furthermore, we are currently looking for 1 or 2 additional Writers for the Storyboard Part Chapters 3 to 7 as the 8 Characters ( Jason Black (American 25 years old ), David Flynn (English 21 years old), Charly Chan (Chinese 19 years old) & Adam Winter (German 21 years old) represent the male Part of the Game. The female Characters will be represented by Kimberly, Ashford (Canadian 18 years old), Yukiko Matzuko (Japanese 24 years old), Sarah Kumari (India 21 years old) & Alexa Chevalier (France 26 years old) ... )" Adam & Alexa are already forgiven " are divided into Groups. We will change the "test" Project from my Free Download in a Pay Download Project to the contributing persons. . .

- Programming
- Characters
- Backgrounds
- Writer

Is split as an additional incentive 2/3 of the kickstarter which is applied at the weekend is also distributed.

Thank you for your attention and a nice Day =)