Slugs in Dime - Sci-Fi, Action (Artist, Composer, Programmer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
GermanBagel

Slugs in Dime - Sci-Fi, Action (Artist, Composer, Programmer

#1 Post by GermanBagel »

I've written a 125 page long Sci-Fi Action screenplay called "Slugs in Dime", and I want to turn it into a short VN (2-3 hours long).

To turn the script into a Visual Novel, I'm looking for the following:

-Artist(CG)
-Artist(BG)
-Artist(GUI)
-Composer
-Programmer

In case you're wondering WHAT THE STORY IS ABOUT:

For years, Walther has been fighting a war against an Alien Empire controlling mankinds memory.

Though, his war is a failing one. The Empire is winning, and they're shaping the public narrative to ensure their victory.

Their plan, to crush the rebellion, has long reached its end, and now all that's left for them to do, is to exterminate the small crumbs of rebels left, who're hiding, in what others believe to be, is "normal life".

But, unbeknownst to anyone, it will be the Empire that will, in a great sense of irony, revive the Rebelion.

CHARACTERS AND "THE RED WING INITIATIVE"

The Red Wing Initiative
A former Military Unit founded by the US Government to deal with the Alien threat. It was crushed by the Alien Empire, after they had successfully manipulated most of Mankind's memory.

Walther
A crazy old geezer in his fifties. He's the last surviving member of the Red Wing Initative who's memory is still intact.
He has the tendency to blabber on about insignificant memories of his during tough situations. This habit infuriates Alex at times.

Sofie
Also, known as "Sophia Hernandez Garcia", is the leader of the Red Wing Initiative. She - together with her boyfriend Alex - is one of the surviving members of the Red Wing Initiative. Though, her memory has been altered, and she's being used as bait to lure Walther into a trap.

Alex
Alex is a former captain who served under his girlfriend at Red Wing. He is still alive, and is also being used as bait.

TARGET AUDIENCE

My assumption is that the target audience of this Visual Novel would be mainly 16 to 25 year old males.

That's because the story isn't really "feminin", and a lot of the female characters don't adhere to feminin gender roles. 
Also, both male and female characters have a protector role, which traditionally speaking adheres to masculinity. And the language used in the script is in some instances pretty vulgar, which would work better with teenage audiences than older ones.
Then there's the presence of Action elements in the script. These further proof my point that the target audience would mainly be male, since men are, stereotypicaly speaking, more drawn to "violent" stories.

CONTACT
Please be aware that this project could take us multiple month to finish.
If you're aware of that, but are still interested then please send me an E-mail at: Germanbagel1996@gmail.com
or PM me.

GermanBagel

Re: Slugs in Dime - Sci-Fi, Action (Artist, Composer, Progra

#2 Post by GermanBagel »

Update: found a programmer, and a sprite artist.

GermanBagel

Re: Slugs in Dime - Sci-Fi, Action (Artist, Composer, Progra

#3 Post by GermanBagel »

Update: looking for sprite artist again.