Recruiting for a short Post-Apocalyptic KN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

Recruiting for a short Post-Apocalyptic KN

#1 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Hey guys, I'm recruiting for a small and relatively short project that I have written pretty much to completion already. It's an old piece of writing I did and touched up on, which I think would also work well as a kinetic novel and the first game that I finish and actually release to the public.

As mentioned above, this is in fact a kinetic novel. It is a post-apocalyptic game that is under 10k words long, so is also very short. The vast majority of the writing is finished, however I am also lengthening some scenes here and there, in order to provide some more length to the story so it is around half an hour long. The setting and plot of the story is simple, it simply focuses on the last man alive on Earth and one of his days on the ruined planet. It begins with him scavenging through a shattered and desolate mall, and finishes with him going to sleep. Due to this intense focus on the man, questions that the readers want answered, such as how the world came to be this way, will not be answered. There will be hints and small titbits of info dropped, but as I plan to later on expand upon this world, I want this to be focused on being a quick but personal story on the routine of a lonely old man.

For this project, I want to focus on recruiting two other members, a BG Artist and a Sprite Artist. There are other potential openings, but they are not necessary to the completion of the project. naturally, as it's a free project, there are no available finances to pay people, at the moment anyway.

The responsibilities of the sprite artist would simply be to create of a monster, one of the other lifeforms inhabiting the wasteland. The monster will require three expressions/sprites (one of it's mouth closed, one with it open, and another of it severely injured), but because it is a twisted take on a humanoid figure, the artist must be comfortable drawing blood and gore, as it will be quite heavily present in the design of the character sprite. Whoever accepts this position will be given a more in-depth description of the mnster in question, and we can discuss whether you are comfortable creating the design and any changes to the design or takes on it you want to implement. Any changes would require me touching up the story in order to accommodate these changes, but this would only push the release back a week at most. There are sprites for other (human) characters that could be created, however they are also not necessary and as such will only discuss this with potential artists to see if they would be willing to create one.

The reponsibilities of the BG artist would to create three different backgrounds; a destroyed city/street, the inside of a destroyed shopping mall, and a run down shack that the main character uses as a shelter during the nights. Particular focus will be one the ruined state of everything in these BGs, and we will also discuss the BGs in depth together as I want them to provide some details to the world and what it was like previously (or in the case of the shelter, how it is organised and such to provide more context to the man's character).

There are a number of other potential positions for people who are interested in the project as well:

Beta Reader/Editor: The responsibility of this position would be the read the script and to help me find any potential issues with it, ranging from grammatical issues to prose problems, etc. From there on we will go on to rectify them and improve the script whilst maintaining the relative shortness of the story.

CG Artist: The responsibility of this position would be to create two CGs. One would be of the main character being attacked, and would require two variations. The content in this CG would require that people be comfortable with aforementioned gore and blood facet, and also that they are able to create explosion effects for the second variation of the CG. The second CG would reveal the face of the player character, and would simply be showing him at the end of the day. This would also require two variations, though it would only change the character's expression in this instance.

GUI Artist: This position would require you to create the GUI/Menus for the game. This would include the title, options, save, load and CG Gallery menus along with the user interface.

Programmer: Whilst I can create the coding and such myself, I am not that good at it. Hence there will also be a potential position open for anyone wishing to create the code themselves.

Thank you for reading my thread. If any of you are interested, please privately message me or reply to this thread. I check Lemmasoft very regularly so that is the best way to contact me.
Last edited by TheJerminator15 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

Liftkitty

Re: Recruiting for a short Post-Apocalyptic KN

#2 Post by Liftkitty »

Hello! I'm Rui and would definitely be interested in beta reading / editing your script!

Here is my thread that I've created recently, feel free to look through it and PM me if you'd like to work together! c:

gammastre
Regular
Completed: Requiescence
Projects: Chess of Blades
Organization: Argent Games
Tumblr: argentgames
itch: argent-games

#3 Post by gammastre »

Hello! If programming opens up, I'd be interested in helping out~

Little bit of everything and lots of nothing, business manager
Twitter | Website | Tumblr

Image Image

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#4 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Bumped as positions are still open.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk