Girlfriend Material is looking for artists and so forth

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

Girlfriend Material is looking for artists and so forth

#1 Post by Hazel »

Girlfriend Material
a Yuri Game Jam '17 project

Girlfriend Material is a short, free romantic sci-fi VN following Lavinia von Adeline, an eccentric and socially awkward inventor, as she attempts to invent herself a robot girlfriend. The game will have three routes with one bonus ending. You can read more about the characters and such on my ideas thread, and as soon as the jam gets started in earnest I'll be posting to the WIP forum as well.

Yuri Game Jam takes place Sept. 1 - Nov. 1.

Game Features
  • 100% free
  • Dramedy
  • Soft science fiction
  • Female protagonist
  • Diverse supporting cast
  • GxG romance
  • 3 routes with 4 possible romantic endings
  • Good and bad ends for each route
  • Player choices
  • Secondary platonic relationships

Current Team
  • Hazel (me): writer, programmer and project manager.
  • blankd: sprite artist.
  • TellerFarsight: co-writer.

What we're looking for...

GUI artist

Right now we're looking at using a slightly-tweaked default Ren'py GUI with the logo and banner falling to me. I'm a programmer and both my skills and my available resources are not quite up to snuff. However, I would love to have someone on board with the necessary skills and experience to make Girlfriend Material look as good as it reads. Whether you're up for creating a fully customized GUI, or you're only interested in contributing a logo, PM me.

Background artist

Girlfriend Material takes place in a modest assortment of locations. We're looking at 4-6 backgrounds, possibly with variations, depending on how much work is involved. However, if the project interests you and you don't have two months to spend on a game jam, there is one particular background that we'd like to add to our current CC resources. PM me if you're interested.

Co-writer/Editor

Currently I (Hazel) am set to write and program the whole game. As I haven't started writing the script yet (we're still in design stages) it's hard for me to assess how long the script will be in full. We need a second pair of eyes to help copy-edit and polish the script. I'm also potentially interested in another writer who could take on one or two of the romantic routes, then we could exchange scripts and catch each other's mistakes. For more details please PM me.

Timeline

Right now we're aiming for a complete game by the end of the jam, November 2017. As we're both part-time creatives, the scheduling within this time frame will tend to be flexible. Background art and GUI assets can replace placeholders at any point during the development process, so if you're only seeing this two weeks into the jam, don't worry about it and drop me a line anyway.
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)

Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

Re: Girlfriend Material is looking for artists and so forth

#2 Post by Hazel »

Girlfriend Material now has a second writer, but we're still potentially looking for artists!
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)