Vora[Post-Apocalyptic][Pixel] - Looking for Pixel Artist [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

Vora[Post-Apocalyptic][Pixel] - Looking for Pixel Artist [CLOSED]

#1 Post by TellerFarsight »

Title.png
Title.png (3.32 KiB) Viewed 651 times
An old man wants the kids off his lawn

Hey all, so I'm thinking about making a short post-apocalyptic VN, based on a short screen-play I wrote for a school assignment in 10th grade. It's about an old homeless/hermit man who barely talks, surviving in a literal urban jungle (a city area overgrown with plants, much like Tokyo Jungle). The story behind this apocalypse and this old man are not initially explained, but must be figured out as the game progresses. The story starts when another desperate group of survivors finds the city and try to make it their new base, not realizing he's in it, and he's watching them. The story will probably be about 10k-20k words.

Characters
Old Man - The player character of this story. An old hermit living and surviving the apocalypse in this jungle city. He hasn't talked to other people in a long time, and is used to surviving on his own. He is untrusting and suspicious of the group of survivors that appears in *his* city. He decides to watch them and figure out a way to either avoid them or get rid of them. Who knows what would happen if they saw him?
Old Man.png
Old Man.png (1.08 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Diana - 34. Effective head of the group. Used to work at a zoo.
Diana.png
Diana.png (1.05 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Francis - 35. Husband of Diana. Injured his leg recently and has been walking with a cane. Used to be a dance instructor.
Francis.png
Francis.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Aggy - 9. Daughter of Diana and Francis.
Agatha.png
Agatha.png (1017 Bytes) Viewed 648 times
Les - 23. Joined the family at the beginning of the apocalypse. Used to live in a big city.
Lester.png
Lester.png (1.15 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Deborah - 27. Joined the group recently.
Deborah.png
Deborah.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 648 times
I'll be doing the writing, programming, as much of the art as I can, and composing. I'm looking for some collaborators to help me out with this stuff.

Pixel Artist
I'm looking for someone to do the backgrounds and help me out with the character animations (I'm really new to pixel art). It'll be a lot of urban jungle backgrounds and everything will be black, white, and green, with certain other things red to stand out. I'll also need some help with the GUI.

Progress
Writing 10%
Sprites 20%
Backgrounds 0%
GUI 5%
Music 20%
Programming 0%

Most of the interactivity of the game will be classic old VN stuff, with decisions bringing you to branching story paths. Most of them will probably be choosing whether to take/hide supplies or steal stuff from the group or to otherwise screw them over or not. I might program in some very basic stealth mechanics, depending on how well I can handle the animations.

The game will be free, of course, but I hope some artist(s) will be interested in the project and we could do a trade of some kind.
Last edited by TellerFarsight on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Current Project: Vora
Also Check Out: Devil Survivor [Reverse-Engineered]

TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

Re: Vora[Post-Apocalyptic][Pixel] - Looking for Artists and Writers [OPEN]

#2 Post by TellerFarsight »

Figuring out how to do pixel art; here's the concepts for the group of survivors that kickstart the plot, and the protagonist on the right.
Vora Clan.png
Current Project: Vora
Also Check Out: Devil Survivor [Reverse-Engineered]

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Vora[Post-Apocalyptic][Pixel] - Looking for Artists and Writers [OPEN]

#3 Post by Zelan »

That pixel art looks great. :o I like the one wearing the hat. It's also cool how you used a different color palette for the protagonist than for the survivors.