SACRIFICE [dark, mature VN] in search of multiple roles

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SueshiRoll
Projects: SACRIFICE

SACRIFICE [dark, mature VN] in search of multiple roles

#1 Post by SueshiRoll »

--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
      [ W A R N I N G ] :: This game is not appropriate for all ages due to having mature, sensitive material.

You're a new student to Crestwood Academy. But there's something odd about this school. The students seem to be watching your every move. They stick to their own groups and rarely venture out. And there's something else. Though it's a high school for the academically gifted, these teenagers seem very assured of themselves.
      Many teens struggle with their place in life, but these? No. Everyone is very certain of the path that they're taking and it almost feels aggressively so.

So what happens when you find yourself stuck on the roof one evening and you see something you're not supposed to? And I'm not talking about drug usage or teen drinking. I'm talking about demonic summoning, magical training, and other dark discoveries. And what happens when you're caught?

You, a new student to Crestwood Academy, is admitted for mysterious reasons (outside of your academic scores). The students there aren't normal, nor are the instructors. On your first day, you already feel weird and even feel like the rumors surrounding the elite school may be influenced by a little bit of fact. And by getting stuck on the roof soon after, you find out that your intuition was correct.

You're forced into a dark world filled with magic, demons, sacrifices, and much more. Your life, present and future, now hinge on how you spend your final year in high school. It will be a fight to graduation and you will be tested the entire way. It's up to you how you get there. IF you get there.

This game is meant to be a thriller/suspense visual novel with dating sim elements. Horror isn't the end game, but there may be some endings that have that "unsettling" feeling found in psychological horror. Jump scares will most definitely not be in this, so if you are easy to frighten (like myself), you have nothing to fear.

[★] The player can customize the main character's name.
      [★] The player can choose the main character's gender, which has a large impact on the story.
      [★] There are three romances planned for either gender so far, but that may grow.
      [★] An in depth story with multiple good and bad endings.
      [★] Fully voiced cast is planned, but not guaranteed just yet.

Currently, the game is being created with freeware BGs and sprites. But I hope to replace them with original art down the line.
      Click on the image to see it the full image.

Image Image Image

A R T - T E A M
      --- [★] Concept Artist -------Lucky1443

S O U N D - T E A M
      --- [★] Music Composition -- Squishysoft
      --- [★] SFX Creation --------- D.ray

W R I T I N G - T E A M
      --- [★] Lead Writer ---------- SueshiRoll

Please remember that this is a non-commercial project. If everything is replaced by original work, I may consider turning it commercial.
      But as of right now, funds are nonexistent.
      If you are offering your services, please be sure to include samples of your work. Thank you!

[★] Artist(s) - Background, items, monsters/demon spriting help, UI, etc.
      -------- If you can do any of these, that would be great. Just know that the lead artist is taken and you will be
      -------- working very closely with them to make sure everything melds together well.
      [★] Fellow Writer - Character creation, plot development, editing, etc.
      -------- Though I am the lead writer and have a general idea of how this game will pan out, it's a large undertaking
      -------- and I'm aware that I may need help. If you have no qualms with helping someone write up a dark plot with
      -------- possibly controversial topics and helping creating an immersive world and realistic, endearing characters,
      -------- then feel free to let me know. Also, editing is something that will be needed along the way. This role
      -------- includes that.
      [★] Scripter(s) - Someone who is well versed in Renpy
      -------- The above may not be completely necessary since I'm learning as I write.
      [★] Voice Actors - Before you post or send me a PM about auditioning, read below.
      -------- I would like to let you know that I'm not accepting anyone until the project is further along in production.
      -------- This is because this is a bonus feature that I may or may not implement depending on game size and if we
      -------- actually get near finishing it. I don't want to waste anyone's talents or time if I cannot get the game no
      -------- more than 25% done. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[★] ObsidianDawn for the lovely paintbrushes I used in the logo.
      [★] Currently used sprites were found at tokudaya.
      [★] Currently used backgrounds were found at kimagure after.
Last edited by SueshiRoll on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:50 am, edited 10 times in total.

Lucky1443
Regular
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: SACRIFICE [dark, mature VN] in search of multiple roles

#2 Post by Lucky1443 »

SueshiRoll wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:52 am --------
--------
--------
--------
--------
      [ W A R N I N G ] :: This game is not appropriate for all ages due to having mature, sensitive material. This includes but is not limited to: demonic possession, human sacrifice, murder, suicide, physical and verbal abuse, self harm, etc. You have been warned.

You're a new student to Crestwood Academy. But there's something odd about this school. The students seem to be watching your every move. They stick to their own groups and rarely venture out. And there's something else. Though it's a high school for the academically gifted, these teenagers seem very assured of themselves.
      Many teens struggle with their place in life, but these? No. Everyone is very certain of the path that they're taking and it almost feels aggressively so.

So what happens when you find yourself stuck on the roof one evening and you see something you're not supposed to? And I'm not talking about drug usage or teen drinking. I'm talking about demonic summoning, magical training, and other dark discoveries. And what happens when you're caught?

You, a new student to Crestwood Academy, is admitted for mysterious reasons (outside of your academic scores). The students there aren't normal, nor are the instructors. On your first day, you already feel weird and even feel like the rumors surrounding the elite school may be influenced by a little bit of fact. And by getting stuck on the roof soon after, you find out that your intuition was correct.

You're forced into a dark world filled with magic, demons, sacrifices, and much more. Your life, present and future, now hinge on how you spend your final year in high school. It will be a fight to graduation and you will be tested the entire way. It's up to you how you get there. IF you get there.

This game is meant to be a thriller/suspense visual novel with dating sim elements. Horror isn't the end game, but there may be some endings that have that "unsettling" feeling found in psychological horror. Jump scares will most definitely not be in this, so if you are easy to frighten (like myself), you have nothing to fear.

[★] The player can customize the main character's name.
      [★] The player can choose the main character's gender, which has a large impact on the story.
      [★] There are three romances planned for either gender so far, but that may grow.
      [★] An in depth story with multiple good and bad endings.
      [★] Fully voiced cast is planned, but not guaranteed just yet.

Currently, the game is being created with freeware BGs and sprites. But I hope to replace them with original art down the line.
      Click on the image to see it the full image.

Image Image Image

Please remember that this is a non-commercial project. If everything is replaced by original work, I may consider turning it commercial.
      But as of right now, funding is low (if not nonexistent).

[★] Artist(s) - Background, sprite, items, UI, etc.
      -------- If you can do all three, that would be great. But know that spriting is going to be a large enough job in
      -------- and of itself.
      -------- As for UI, this is not completely necessary since I can also do this. However, if I see that my skill is clearly
      -------- outmatched, I will most definitely concede.
      [★] Composer(s) - Music, sound effects, etc.
      -------- Music is the largest emphasis, seeing as there are plenty of free (commercially safe) sound effects online.
      -------- But if you're able to do both, terrific.
      [★] Scripter(s) - Someone who is well versed in Renpy
      -------- The above may not be completely necessary since I'm learning as I write.
      [★] Voice Actors - Before you post or send me a PM about auditioning, read below.
      -------- I would like to let you know that I'm not accepting anyone until the project is further along in production.
      -------- This is because this is a bonus feature that I may or may not implement depending on game size and if we
      -------- actually get near finishing it. I don't want to waste anyone's talents or time if I cannot get the game no
      -------- more than 25% done. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[★] ObsidianDawn for the lovely paintbrushes I used in the logo.
      [★] Currently used sprites were found at tokudaya.
      [★] Currently used backgrounds were found at kimagure after.
Hello! I would like to offer my services as a sprite, and cg artist to this interesting project you can see examples of my work below
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

SueshiRoll

#3 Post by SueshiRoll »

[★] ARTIST --------- Lucky1443 has been PMed.
[★] ARTIST --------- cakeu has been PMed.
[★] ARTIST --------- Lead Artist role now taken.
[★] REQUESTS ----- Writing/editing position request has been added.

SueshiRoll

#4 Post by SueshiRoll »

[★] MUSIC ------- Composer role now taken
[★] SFX ---------- SFX Creator role is now taken

SueshiRoll

#5 Post by SueshiRoll »

[★] ART ---- Lead Artist role reopened.
[★] ART ---- Spriting Artist role reopened.

cynthaiz
Tumblr: twice-in-a-nebula

#6 Post by cynthaiz »

PM'ed you.

ratboi20267

#7 Post by ratboi20267 »

If you are looking for an assistant writer I can help!

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#8 Post by CeeCeeVA »

PM’ed you ^.^
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

nerupuff
Veteran

#9 Post by nerupuff »

:D If you are still looking for a fellow writer, I would be happy to help! (Though I am only new here, and I'm still looking for ways to improve myself as well. I can also proofread and provide insight id needed.) If not, I do understand. The plot seems very interesting, and as a VN gamer, this would be something I'd like to play as well.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!