Looking for GUI artist for Yuri Jam game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
lunaterra
Projects: An Ace Walks Into a Bar
itch: natashaluna
Discord: lunaterra#8000

Looking for GUI artist for Yuri Jam game

#1 Post by lunaterra »

Hello there! For this year's Yuri Game Jam, I'm making a VN called "A Tale of Two Extras" (set in a fictionalized version of 1910s-1920s Hollywood) about two film extras who meet on set and spend time flirting with each other.

This is supposed to be a very small-scale project, so there's not actually a whole lot to do outside of writing. Some more details and updates regarding the VN can be found at the game's devlog.

Characters:
  • Janet (MC): A mousy young woman who grew up just about next door to the film industry while it was growing; however, she’d never really considered making a career out of movies. She’s decided to take a job as an extra for some spare cash, and this is her first assignment.
  • Rosamond (Rosa for short): An aspiring film actress who’s been taking jobs as an extra for a couple years. She grew up in a small village but has been living in the city for about five years. She has yet to get a real film role, although she’s been mildly successful in theatre.
I am looking for:
  • Character/sprite artist: What I need before anything else. Rosamond will be the only character with a full sprite, although there will be side images showing Janet. Since most of the VN takes place while both characters are sitting down, Rosa might need separate sprites for standing/sitting. I'll go over my ideas for character designs with the artist in private.
  • Background artist: I only need two backgrounds: one inside a film studio and one in front of a fake cafe setpiece.
  • CG artist: There will be between one and three CGs in the game. I'll go over the details with the artist in private.
  • GUI artist: The least essential position; I'll be able to make the GUI myself if push comes to shove, although it'd be very plain.
You can contact me via PM, email (lunaterra25[at]gmail[dot]com), and/or Discord (lunaterra #8000). The jam ends on November 1, so I'd obviously like to have the game completed by then!
Last edited by lunaterra on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blood Free Lady
Projects: "Teach Me How to Draw, Senpai!"||"Chicken Adobo"||"Monster Lens"||"Travelers"||"Welcome to S.S.M!"
Organization: https://www.instagram.com/bloodfreelady/

Re: Looking for artist(s) for Yuri Jam game

#2 Post by Blood Free Lady »

Good day,

Just posting to inform that I've sent an email.
I adore the girls on Gatsby, the jazz age, and art deco of course!
Hope you'll have the time to look.

Thanks!

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

#3 Post by Lucky1443 »

Sent a discord request!
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

lunaterra
Projects: An Ace Walks Into a Bar
itch: natashaluna
Discord: lunaterra#8000

#4 Post by lunaterra »

I now have a character/CG artist and background artist. However, a GUI artist would still be much appreciated!