Looking for artist for collaborative effort on BDSM themed VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Way2co0l

Looking for artist for collaborative effort on BDSM themed VN

#1 Post by Way2co0l »

Hello everyone. :) I'm new here and I understand that I don't have a lot of information here so I don't actually expect much of a response yet. I'm mostly putting this out there in the hopes that I might get lucky, or perhaps once I have a little more traction going for me then I might be able to use this as a starting point to build from.

Basically I am looking to make a game which I have tentatively titled "Domesticated". At this point in time I am leaning towards using the Renpy engine and likely Das3D for the visuals though that is very open to change. The game itself will revolve heavily around BDSM themes as it's based on corrupting a reluctant female character into becoming a willing slave. It's a theme that has been done before, but my intent is to try to make it more story driven and believable rather than force despicable characters that are very unlikable at you.

I'm going to be honest, this project of mine is very much in its infancy. I also don't have any established body of work to demonstrate reliability, and I understand that will discourage most people from considering me at this point in time. I am primarily seeking an artist to assist me in the initial stages to get a working prototype out so that I can free myself from having to learn that side of things and primarily focus on the writing and coding that will need to be done. As I haven't actually begun the technical process for creating the game yet, I remain very open to discussing engine, art styles, and general story themes to incorporate into the game.

According to my current plans, it would include BDSM, corruption, seduction, rough sex, incest, discipline, leather, whips, riding crops, high heels, chains/ropes, voyeurism, masturbation, humiliation, ect. I'll want to clean that list up to summarize at some point but that's the general idea.

My current plans are for the male character to be the MC. The female future slave will be the oldest of 3 with a younger brother (which she doesn't get along well with but still loves) and a baby sister. She's intelligent and hard working and has managed to move out on her own and basically take care of herself but the other siblings (all over 18) remain at home. The MC was a good friend of her fathers until he passed several years before the game start. The mom takes care of her siblings until she gets sick which is where the story begins. The expenses being what they are, there's no way they can get the money on their own and turn to the MC which is when the bargain is struck. Without seeing any alternative, she agrees to a contract which makes her his live in slave for some duration of time. During that time, the MC will be attempting to take advantage of the situation with the ultimate goal to break her entirely. The story will follow a series of increasingly depraved BDSM styled events with that goal in mind. The player will have some degree of choice over how to go about doing that but should keep in mind that there are limits to how hard he can push her and if they break the terms of the contract outright, then they will likely lose her. On the same hand, failing to instill enough discipline in her or teaching her to appreciate her new situation will make her unlikely to stay once the contract is over.

At this point in time it would be a free project though I will be creating a Patreon page once I have a working demo to present. Even at that stage I plan to continue to release it free through various sites using Patreon primarily as a way to support development rather than forcing pay to play. If the project takes off and begins to make money then I would be open to discussing payment options, though I would prefer to allocate early earnings directly to game asset development as much as possible.

Again I know it's not much to go on right now, but having someone that can assist me with the artistic assets would help me get this ball rolling tremendously. Feel free to ask me any questions if interested in knowing more. :)
Discord: Way2co0l