Cutscenes? I just cut, you'll scene!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
FeelZoR
Github: FeelZoR
itch: zor-dev

Cutscenes? I just cut, you'll scene!

#1 Post by FeelZoR »

Hello!
Okay, okay, that title is way worse than I thought it would be.

So so, let's start here! First of all, we need an artist to draw our cutscenes.
But I need to present the project a bit, right?

First of all, we are 5 people from all around the world that wants to make a game for the epic MAXIMUM MONSTER MONTH GAME JAM (big up to Azura for organizing it, because she rocks!) that will start November 10th and end December 11th!

- So what? Is that all?
Nah, it isn't. Second, I want to point out that we won't make a VN (ugh, why is he posting here then?). I will gladly answer Mêêêêê (sheep sound). I saw people recruiting for RPGs, so I do it too. Ahem, I'm sowwy if that's not a great thing to do *cries*.

So, we'll make a RPG with RPG Maker MV, in one month, about monsters. In a fantasy genre, please! (yeah, I don't like horror, I'm too weak for that, sorry).
And who are we? We're 5 little people: 1 programmer / writer (that's meh!), 1 pixel artist (that's not meh!), 2 music designers (do not ask me why, but they rock and they'll dominate this jam, sowwy for our opponents!) aaaand 1 mapper, because we need maps (who would've thought that?).

What's our game about?
I'm reticent to say it here for the simple reason I do not want to spoil you. So please, do not look at the following if you don't wanna be spoiled. I'll put a red bold text to say when the spoil is over. (forget about the red part, I'll just make it big).

So, basically, we have that one monster that isn't only a monster, there are a few universes and that monster belongs to the Monster Universe and the Human Universe. When he sleeps, he lives in the Human's one, when he's awake, he lives into the Monster Universe. Sounds cool? I have to admit we have a developed outline, but the basics are enough yet.

THE SPOILER IS OVER, YEAH THAT WAS PRETTY SHORT.
So so, you are interested? Here's more!

We really want this game to be better than everything we've made so far in our game maker's life. And for that, trust me, we need you!
I know a lot of people want to recruit artists, but I will give you some reasons why you should join us and not our opponents.
  1. We need you to win. I mean it, really!
  2. We want a fun and fair competition. It means we don't do more than game design before the jam starts (what's allowed by Azura) and we don't want to be too serious (we are serious, of course, but we're here to learn and have fun together!).
  3. Speaking of seriousness, our team is hyped and motivated by this project, and we all want to make it better than every other game we have made so far. Are you really sure other teams are motivated?
  4. The person recruiting is me. And trust me, I'm a pancake. Everyone loves pancakes, right?
  5. Can you even think of a decent indie game without you? I don't think it's possible, that's why I'm doing all I can to convince you to join us!
So, what do I need to do, if I join you?
Ugh... Hey! When we prepared these questions before the interview, we stated you weren't allowed to ask me that! I'm in trouble now!
Seriously, I have actually an idea. I'd like to make some cutscenes for my game with what I call "static drawing". If you want to see what I mean by that, take a look at that. (I don't care about the sounds, we'll just put an awesome music on it and that's all). Just, having something that looks a bit like that, even if it's not that professional (I do not really think we can achieve that, but if we can, then why not!). Count at least one big cutscene (for the ending), the beginning scene and maybe some others. I haven't defined it yet, but the most important will be the beginning and the end. We can use RPG Maker for in-game cutscenes.

So, are you interested?
If so, you can just add me as a friend on Discord (FeelZoR#8283), answer to this post or send me a pm!
I'm open to discussions too!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll have a great day / evening / night / whatever it is!

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

Re: Cutscenes? I just cut, you'll scene!

#2 Post by zankizuna »

Joined! hey Feelzor whatsuppppp

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Cutscenes? I just cut, you'll scene!

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

Closed as requested by OP.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira