The Summer Nightingale needs Beta Readers/ Editors!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
acsh

The Summer Nightingale needs Beta Readers/ Editors!

#1 Post by acsh »

Hullo! I am the writer, artist and builder of a (hopefully) upcoming kinetic novel, The Summer Nightingale.

The script is complete at 20k words and I would love to have some beta readers/ editors go through it. You'll all be credited of course, and be given the opportunity to enslave my soul for eternity if you so wish :) I'm looking for anyone from regular readers to seasoned betas for opinions, but I hope anyone who's interested can be gentle on my tiny soul (but also critique the work fairly, as I hope to improve it!)

There's stuff like...
He rose an eyebrow at me and chuckled, shoulders coming forward, face scrunching as he laughed. His belly jiggled and it looked too enchanting to be real, this mirage, a summer nightingale that belonged by the rim of a fountain preening the edge of its wet feathers; some unholy hand had picked this creature out of its home and deposited it in this decaying land. Yet it thrived.

It did not start with love. I saw him the way man skirts his eyes around God, caught in a paradox. It was a sin to look, but my eyes saw nothing else.
and...
We entered my room where he spent the night—these were occasional events, slipped furtively in between the humdrum of everyday motions. His lips parted and his cheeks blossomed at the texts on display, shelf after shelf of multi-colored books I ordered to be placed in front of my bed while I, the aristocratic intellectual, crossed my legs by the bed, gastronomically sexy.
If this interests you, please email me at: rhynios@outlook.com with a short introduction of yourself, any past work you've done in your field and if you'd like to beta read or edit. I have gone through it a few times myself so I hope it'll be mostly free of grammatical errors (no promises though!). Thanks for the interest! <3 I really hope to bring this project to life! :)