[Closed] Looking for Artist/Collaborator

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
OhOliver!

[Closed] Looking for Artist/Collaborator

#1 Post by OhOliver! »

Hello, everybody!

I’m Oliver, and I’m a writer and newbie Ren’Py programmer. I found out about the Maximum Monster Month Game Jam happening this month, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to create and finish my first visual novel.

And I’m here to ask for help.

I like to draw, but I’m not much of an artist. I can fake my way through a background or two, but that’s about it. That’s why I’m seeking an artist to help not only with creating art assets but also to help collaborate on the visual novel as a whole. In exchange, I’ll gladly offer writing and programming help for your own project.

I should, uh, talk about the actual project and such. So here it is:

Untitled Monster Jam Project: An Overview

This visual novel is a slice of life, dating sim-esque, school life sort of game stripped down some due to the time restraints of the game jam. The premise involves a protagonist taking part in a cultural exchange program. Little do they know that this cultural exchange is taking part in HELL. Okay, so not hell exactly, but hell with less...eternal damnation and more Addams Family. And, yeah, you probably guessed it but this not-exactly-hell place is full of attractive, dateable monsters.

I know, not that original, but perfect for baby’s first visual novel, right?

I want to keep the scope pretty small (again due to the fact that we only have a little less than a month). Because of that this visual novel will feature just two characters (other than the protagonist), both with two endings each and a handful of expressions along with three backgrounds (a school, a town square, and a lake). There'll probably only be a couple hours of gameplay. I’m more than willing to help out with backgrounds and gui elements. Though I’ll be honest and say my art is utter ‘meh’.

So far I have a rough outline of the setting, the characters, and the story. I plan on having two women characters and a player-named, gender-ambiguous protagonist.

I think I’ll leave it here for now. I really don’t want this post to get any longer than it already is. If you’re interested, then drop me a PM or reply to this thread. Got any questions? I’ll be happy to answer them.

Ultimately, my hope for this visual novel is to finish it. Sure, submitting it to the Monster game jam would be nice, but my top priority is to just get this out there. I think that’s one of the best parts of making something, you know? Finishing it.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. Y’all have a good one.
Last edited by OhOliver! on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

NekoKarasu

Re: Looking for Artist/Collaborator

#2 Post by NekoKarasu »

I'd like to help you, I can draw characters and a not complicated CG, but I'm not very good at drawing BG though. I sent you a PM. I have several questions but I write it in the PM