Looking video editor to help polish up trailer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
cucumber

Looking video editor to help polish up trailer

#1 Post by cucumber »

Hi there, I'm looking for a video editor or of the such to help polish up my trailer and make it look really nice.

Theme: The trailer is for a fantasy/comedy, rpg parody, involving goblins and a morally challenge mercenary.

Assets: I currently have all animation, music, image assets and voice acting lines and sound effects ready to go.
I've already made my own version of the trailer but I feel it doesn't feel shiny and up to scratch enough, as well as not liking some of my transitions and needing better ones.

Details on trailer: It's a mix of slow and fast paced, mixing animation with static image cuts/panning. If necessary I can create some more assets if required such as silhouettes, but wont be able to make new animations or full on illustrations. Unlike the majority of visual novel trailers I've seen around with music and image showcasing/gameplay, this one works along a narrative and is probably more akin to a movie trailer and doesn't include gameplay.(It's more of an announcement/teaser trailer, I plan on making another gameplay one after I'm finished the game)

Technicalities: The length is currently set at around 1:30-40 give or take a little.
I have been working in after effects CC 2015 to create what I have already, so having that so I can send you some of the animations would be useful, but not 100% essential if you have a video editor you feel will do the job better.

Please PM or email me at yogapumpkin@gmail.com with some samples of what you can create!

A quick note is that the final game parody will also include bxb content but the trailer doesn't have any of that content at all. You can email or pM me any questions you may have.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: Looking video editor to help polish up trailer

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

At first I thought you wanted software to edit your video, in which case I would suggest using Blender's VSE. I see now that you are in fact looking for someone to do the editing for you and unfortunately I am just too busy for that, but, as the saying goes, if you give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime.
Blender is an extremely powerful piece of software once you get used to it.

https://www.blender.org/

Yes, Blender is known as a 3D software, but it holds its own as a video sequence editor. If you have any problems using it, let me know. Just change the default workspace to video editor and then feel free to change some of the other docks. There are tutorials online too. There are other free video sequence editors (like Shotcut, but, in my opinion at least, Blender is much much more powerful). I have even done masking, multicamera editing, chroma keying, compositing, color correction, motion tracking 3D and much more all in the one package. I even prefer it over Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Airianime

Re: Looking video editor to help polish up trailer

#3 Post by Airianime »

shoot me an email projecttwotone2@gmail.com