Looking for Artists and Writers for a kinda weird VN idea.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
YuukiRafflesia

Looking for Artists and Writers for a kinda weird VN idea.

#1 Post by YuukiRafflesia »

So me and currently two friends are going to be working on a kinda weird VN idea and we need you artists and writers to help! We haven't started quite yet, but we have the base idea.

The idea in question is something Otaku-VS came up with and tweeted about. Here's the tweet

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a joke but we think it's an interesting idea and so me and my friends want to bring it to life!

To elaborate on the idea a bit, or just in case you can't view Twitter for whatever reason, this idea is called "My Favourite Anime YouTuber Can't Be This Cute", and it's essentially about a bunch of anime YouTubers as female versions of themselves. And the protagonist dating them. We're not sure on the exact setting just yet, so there's plenty of room for you writers to get creative!

Here are some examples of character designs done by my good bud @Moshi_desu.

We'll need music eventually too, but we aren't worrying about that just yet.

So if you're interested, leave a reply here with some examples of your work.

Thanks for your time,

Yuuki.

Luxa
Regular

Re: Looking for Artists and Writers for a kinda weird VN idea.

#2 Post by Luxa »

Love the idea, I think it has great potential! I'm not experienced enough as a writer to help with that kind of project, but if you need a proofreader or ideas or something, I'd love to help.

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#3 Post by mitoky »

Not here for recruitment but to wish you good luck, the idea sounds interessting (:
If i may give a small advice though: Since the game is only an idea yet, i would recommend to wait with the artists a bit. Writers should be your first priority, because with them you can flesh out the story and write the script. Once you are sure you have more than an idea and have a better view on how much art you will need, you should look for artists.

YuukiRafflesia

#4 Post by YuukiRafflesia »

Heya Luxa and Mitoky, sorry for the late reply. I'm still really new here and forgot about the post. So for that I'm really sorry.

Starting with Luxa: your ideas would be very much appreciated and proofreading would be helpful too! I've PM'd you a link to the Discord server that we talk on.

And Mitoky: Thanks for the good luck wishes and advice! Yeah I agree that we need to flesh out the story first, but I've recruited an artist already so I can't really stop them now. Art is always welcome although it may not be the main focus to start with.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#5 Post by Imperf3kt »

You may also need to consider any legal ramifications that may come from non-consensual depiction of real-world entities or individuals.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=Ms ... s.&f=false
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

VirusZeke
Tumblr: viruszeke-desu-fuck
Deviantart: V-I-R-U-S-Zeke
Soundcloud: 【ReoruZeke】

#6 Post by VirusZeke »

Hello! I am an artist that is interested in working with you for this.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#7 Post by Scribbles »

there was a dating sim like this that featured some let's players link: http://superbeardbrothers.wikia.com/wiki/Asagao_Academy

and also people might not like being put into a dating sim without their permission/knowledge
Image - Image -Image