Starlight Wishes looking for a superstar team [Closed for now]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

Starlight Wishes looking for a superstar team [Closed for now]

#1 Post by harajukulolita »

Hi guys, I'm the writer of Starlight Wishes and I'm looking for a team of wonderful individuals who are going to help me with this vn journey. Let's start off with a bit about the game before we get into the positions in the team.

Synopsis

The princess of Aurelia has always been lonely even though her mother keeps her forever busy with
diplomatic duties. Her Retainer takes care of her, one of the staff gardeners seem to hate the
sight of her, her tutor is strange and she hates the prince vying for her hand in marriage.
Then she makes a wish one starry night.

Miku Hoshino on the other hand is a college student who loves sleeping in much to the
disdain of her mother and it doesn't help that Miku's family is quite prominent so she
is expected to be a proper lady. The campus idols love making things hard for her
while her friends help her make her way through life. With some occasional tips from
a weird lecturer and a few fights with the resident delinquent, they all try to find the
true meaning of the yearly Starlight Festival.

With a strange and cryptic warning from a mysterious stranger and even stranger dreams
that seem to call out to her, will Miku ever solve the problems and mysteries surrounding her
life before the festival?

That's pretty much the story, so it's a type of game where Miku's actions could have an effect on Princess Aurora's life. The player mostly makes decisions and gets to play as Miku but there will be scenes which show Aurora and her daily life woven inbetween the modern day scenes of Miku and the gang.

If you want to see more of Starlight wishes. Please see the WIP thread
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23414

And now the partners I need :

Renpy Programmer (cause I'd never be able to do things like CG gallery by myself :D)
GUI artist - pretty please
Composer - I would like an OST for the game
Assistant artist - We'd share the load of BGs and colouring CGs since I'm working on Sprite art as well
Editor/Proofreader - For such a big story, I'll be needing some help in keeping the writing in check and exciting :D

The game is still in early development, having completely finished about 20% of the script.

Features

I'm planning on the game to have CGs obviously.
There are multiple endings about 8.
There is a lot of backstory to the characters so I'm planning on making the stories a special feature as well.
Then there are bonus stories which include all the characters.

Yeah this started as just a thing I was doing for fun and then it just escalated.

Okay so this will all obviously be quite a bit of work. I'm not sure if I should make the game commercial or not but I do want to have a kickstarter at some point. So what the team will do for now is make the first 2 chapters of the game as a demo. There are about 10 in total and depending on the character 1 chapter can be quite lengthy. If people want to stay in the team even if the kickstarter isn't a big thing, then that's a bonus. We might able to make more games in future. I'd still like to finish Starlight Wishes either way although the process will probably be slow without lots of funding.

I think if we make a Kickstarter after putting together a great demo, we can make the entire game a great production because as an artist I know the struggle of trying to work a full time job while trying to find time for the things you actually love to do.

I'm hoping to put together a great team and we can have fun working together :D
Last edited by harajukulolita on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:18 am, edited 8 times in total.

NineBells
Projects: https://ninebells.wordpress.com/current-projects/

Re: Starlight Wishes looking for a superstar team

#2 Post by NineBells »

Sent a PM. :D
Hi. I'm a programmer. I'm currently available for short or simple projects. Check out my thread here.

Want to see how I work? Check out my blog!

One of my teams also has a blog here. Check it out for updates on our game TLH: Freud Was Right.

vitalpun
itch: vitalpun

#3 Post by vitalpun »

PM sent

harajukulolita
Regular

#4 Post by harajukulolita »

A few of the positions are now filled. Please consider joining the team if you fit in any if the positions left. Please also check the wip for idea of artstyle if you're applying for any type of artist gui or genersl artist.

harajukulolita
Regular

Re: Starlight Wishes looking for a superstar team [Assistant artist]

#5 Post by harajukulolita »

We've found a Gui artist, yay!!! The position is still open for assistant artist ;)

harajukulolita
Regular

Re: Starlight Wishes looking for a superstar team [Editor and Assistant artist]

#6 Post by harajukulolita »

New Position! In need of a committed editor for the script. Drop me a dm if you're up for it and still looking for another artist.

harajukulolita
Regular

Re: Starlight Wishes looking for a superstar team [Editor and Assistant artist]

#7 Post by harajukulolita »

New Position! In need of a committed editor for the script. Let's build some characters! Drop me a dm if you're up for it and still looking for another artist.