Red, My Mysterious Roommate!! [BxB, Sad, Comedy, Mystery] - Currently Recruiting!!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
StarluoAngel
Completed: The Village Demon
Projects: Red, My Mysterious Roommate!!
Tumblr: StarluoAngel
Deviantart: kirbybabbo

Red, My Mysterious Roommate!! [BxB, Sad, Comedy, Mystery] - Currently Recruiting!!

#1 Post by StarluoAngel »

Red, My Mysterious Roommate!!
(Working title)

Hello! If you're reading this, I'm so glad that you took the time to click on my thread and consider reading it. I'm a high school student transitioning into college and it's a busy life, but I thought I'd get a start on this project because college gets very busy or so I've heard. Right now I'm planning my very first visual novel project and it's actually a sort of after-story for another game that I already completed called The Village Demon (Mura Oni). It's an RPG Maker horror game that I finished in 2016. Feel free to check it out! This new project is meant to be a story revolving around one of the side characters from The Village Demon, one that didn't get so much spotlight. However, I also intend for this new project to playable on its own, meaning you don't need to have any knowledge from the first game to enjoy this one. But I digress! Allow me to talk about the project, without delving into major spoilers for the first game in case you wanna check it out.

(First and foremost, a warning: the game will contain themes along the lines of bullying and depression. In the future there may be darker themes involved as the first game dealt with some pretty dark themes and they may carry over to this game, but I'd like to try to refrain from that happening that as much as possible).
--------------------

- OVERVIEW -

After surviving a traumatic experience back in his hometown, Hikaru Himura, a timid but aspiring first-year is on his way to one of Japan's renowned universities in the city after living with his sister for a little while. However, he finds himself struggling to fit in with the city scene, much less find a place to stay, being so far from his family. Luckily, after searching hard enough, he finds a place to stay: with a eccentric, young but charming man who calls himself Red. At least, that's the name he gave himself. He can't remember his actual name, after suffering from serious amnesia, to the point where he cannot remember any of his childhood or his family, even his name. Hikaru decides that -- since he's going to be living with this guy for a while -- wants to support Red in any way he can, hoping for him to recover his memories. Although Hikarus's two good college buddies think Red is too much of a sketchy figure, Hikaru disregards their warnings and wants to help his roommate.

Spend your days as Hikaru living with Red and get closer with him through everyday, comical interactions! Whether it's teaching him how to cook, or making an excuse for why you walked into seeing him shirtless or even just helping him with his lacking social skills, making the right choices will bring them closer and closer together, and Red will start relearning his identity!

Maybe if you're lucky, Hikaru will find himself his one, true lover too!

However...

Hikaru and Red seem to each be hiding big secrets from each other... And it's not feelings they're hiding. This shouldn't be a problem in itself, but little do they know the secrets they're hiding involve the two of them. And much to their dismay, these secrets will soon unravel on their own, turning their peaceful undisturbed lives upside down, into something much darker and more dreadful.

These are secrets one may consider best-forgotten...

...?

So that's a nice and short overview of the game. I tried to describe the game as best as I could without giving away any plot elements. So now I'll be talking about what I need for this game to happen.
--------------------

- RECRUITMENT -
(You'll be working on this project in an on-off fashion.

...What I'd really like

- Background artist: I'm in need of a background artist to create environments to accompany the art of the game! They don't have to be great, professional-quality. I'm not expecting that from someone who isn't being paid to create these environments so don't worry! If you're wondering how many background images there are going to be, I'd like to say 10 (give or take) regular backgrounds, which will accompany character portraits and then possibly around 10-15 unique backgrounds for the game's CGs, since I'm planning to create 15-20 CGs for the game. I know this sounds like a grand undertaking, but this project probably won't be done any time soon and I'll be giving the details of each background in advance so there is plenty of time to work on them at your own pace.

- Editor: (TAKEN) I currently need an editor to look over my ideas and also the script of the game in order to more efficiently chip away at the game's writing. There isn't much to say other than I'll come to you regularly for advice or just proof-reading!

- Programmer: (TAKEN) I'm completely new to Ren'Py, so I have no idea how to do any complicated stuff (I was originally planning this game for RPG Maker like the first game) but I'm learning so I can pull off basic elements of the engine such as showing images, playing music, assigning dialogue to different characters, etc. However, I'd really like to have a customized menu, main title screen and GUI. I don't know how to pull any of that off so that's why I'm hoping to have a programmer on the team to take care of those aspects of the game (I'd also like to have a CG gallery accessible from the title screen, and have CGs unlocked depending on if you have seen them in the game already, but as far as I can tell, that's not a built-in feature).

...What I'd like but not a priority

- Voice actor: I'd like to have two male voice actors. One who can recite simple Japanese phrases (y'know, the ones you typically hear in anime). I'm looking for a middle-pitched, soft voice for Hikaru and a lower-pitched (but not too low) voice for Red. I know this is very vague, but in case you're interested, I'll PM the specifics of what I want to you (there will only be a few lines per character).

- CG artist: CGs are a big help in making the story feel alive, and I am an artist myself and have made CGs before but they are very time-consuming. If possible, I'd like to have someone take on the role of CG artist so I can spend more time writing out the script and piecing together the scenes. I'm not sure as to what scenes I'd like CGs of but as I finalize all the scenes in the game, that's when I'll send details of what I want drawn for each CG. I'll repeat this again: I'm planning to have around 10-15 CGs in the final product.

NOTE: For these two positions, you won't be doing any work until much later on in the project, so just remain on stand-by for now.
--------------------

So those are the positions I'd like to have volunteers fill! It's definitely a lot but even if not all these spots are filled, I can take on those responsibilities myself. The game will still move forward, but just at a slower pace because school is still going on for me and I am only one person. As for the progress of the game, I am still working on finishing the ideas for scenes but any future progress will be noted in this thread. If you actually read all this, I give you my sincere thanks and hopefully you consider joining the project if you think you're eligible for any of these positions!!

If you're interested in applying, definitely shoot me a message over on my Discord @ Kaj#5153, or you can drop a reply here if you don't have Discord. I'll be checking this thread regularly!

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by StarluoAngel on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.

StarluoAngel
Completed: The Village Demon
Projects: Red, My Mysterious Roommate!!
Tumblr: StarluoAngel
Deviantart: kirbybabbo

Re: Cute and Sad BxB VN!! - Currently Recruiting!!

#2 Post by StarluoAngel »

UPDATE: We now have editors and a programmer! Still looking for a background artist and perhaps maybe even a CG artist! Spots are still open if any of you are interested.