[CLOSED] Studio 747 - Debut VN Seeking Artists and Editors

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SakiPai
Projects: ReTheory
Organization: Studio 747
Tumblr: sakimcgee

[CLOSED] Studio 747 - Debut VN Seeking Artists and Editors

#1 Post by SakiPai »

Update: As of 1/14/2018 we've filled all available roles! Thank you so much everyone for coming out to support us, and I hope you look forward to what we create!

Hello! My name is Saki, and I'm looking to add to my team in producing the game that will serve as a debut title for my self-made studio! So without much else to say, let's get into it!

Who Are We?
Studio 747 is a small team consisting of myself and one other. I am a university graduate with a bachelor's degree in game design, working on projects to add to my portfolio as I seek a job in the industry. My partner Cory is also a graduate, with a degree in game development. He is currently employed as a developer in the industry, but he still hangs around to assist me with projects.

Our studio technically has two games in production under it, one being an RPG Maker game that I work on in my spare time, and another being a larger-scoped cooking game that Cory and I are preparing for Kickstarter. Both of these projects are long-term and on the back burner for now, so I want to dedicate myself to a title that will be the main focus of production.

What Are We Making?
The visual novel that we are recruiting for will be a dating sim with mystery elements. The game will contain both male and female partners, with multiple endings for each, and a secret mechanic that will lead to even more endings and further replayability. Unfortunately, the overall plot of the game cannot be revealed because it is in and of itself a spoiler! But on the surface, it is about returning to your hometown and confronting the changes that have occurred in your absence. For now, it has been codnamed "ReTheory".

But here's the thing: we are not wholly decided on what engine to develop the game in. Obviously Ren'Py is on the table. However, Cory and I were both trained to use Unity while in school, and we have a strong grasp on the engine and the C# language. So if you're a programmer who works well in Unity and wish to apply for the position, it's definitely a possibility. Otherwise, if you are strong in Ren'Py, that will become our focus. I have experience with Python, but Cory has less, so he will need to learn how to work with it. He'll be an assistant programmer on this project, so anyone else we recruit will take the wheel on the code either way. Basically, any programmers that we recruit for this project will dictate what engine the game is made in.

Who Are We Looking For?
Currently, we are looking for one or two lead programmers, a background artist, and an editor/co-writer. The qualifications are listed below.

-Programmer
-We're looking for someone comfortable with Ren'Py or Unity at a moderate to expert level, who is free to work on this project AT LEAST 20 hours a week. We understand if life gets in the way, especially since this is a non-commercial game, but we are looking for reliability. Ideally, you will have at least one complete project or demo to show your abilities. We're also open to you remaining a part of the studio for future projects. Maybe by then we'll have enough clout to have a budget!

-Background Artist
-I will be taking over the role of character and CG art, but I can't draw a tree to save my life. So we're looking for a background artist who can collaborate with me to produce scenery for the game, as well as combine our work to make full CG illustrations It doesn't matter what program you use, but know that I will be using Paint Tool Sai for character art. The art style of the game will be largely anime-stylized, so we're looking for only semi-realistic backgrounds. Ideally, you will have a portfolio or website showing your work that we can view. We're also open to you remaining a part of the studio for future projects. Maybe by then we'll have enough clout to have a budget!

-Editor/Co-Writer
-This game's story is projected to be quite complex, with a number of intertwining elements and large choice trees leading to a large number of possible endings. As such, we'll need additional writers to work with our main story writer to ensure the final product is cohesive and has no continuity issues. You'll help write and edit scenarios, as well as plan story flow and create diagrams for the programmers to follow. Ideally, you will have a portfolio or website showing your work that we can view. We're also open to you remaining a part of the studio for future projects. Maybe by then we'll have enough clout to have a budget!

In Conclusion
If you'd like to be part of a growing team making fun and new games, please let us know! The best way to contact me is to send a message to my personal email: anotheremailyay@gmail.com. You can send me a private message here, too, but I won't check that as often.

These positions are not paid, and I humbly apologize for this. I know it's a lot to ask for help with no compensation, but as a new studio just starting out, it's something we simply can't do. But I know that this community is large, and if you just want something to work on to gain experience or add to your portfolio, and you aren't overtly worried about money, we'd love to hear from you. And like I said, if the studio does take off, maybe we'll be able to consider paid positions in the future. We're poor post-grads ourselves, so we understand the situation, and we'll never ask more of you than you're willing to give.

Thank you so much for reading, and we hope to hear from you!
Last edited by SakiPai on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SakiPai
Projects: ReTheory
Organization: Studio 747
Tumblr: sakimcgee

Re: Studio 747 - Debut VN Seeking Artists and Editors

#2 Post by SakiPai »

Update: No longer seeking programmers! We got a ton of messages from promising developers and we think we've found the people we're going to work with in that department. Thank you so much everyone!

We might also potentially have a background artist, but feel free to message us for that position or the co-writer position if you're still interested!