The Souls' Sonata - Game Project (Mirror Studio)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
maricore
Regular

The Souls' Sonata - Game Project (Mirror Studio)

#1 Post by maricore »

About The Souls’ Sonata
The Souls’ Sonata is a psychological fantasy visual novel that entered development in the summer of 2016. It is a story about parental love, sacrifice, and the long journey of accepting the loss of someone dear. It began as nothing more than a simple idea of a sci-fi world with a protagonist killer robot. The story evolved to as time went on to become more complex and detailed, focusing on the aftermath of losing someone dear and lack of communication. The latter of the two being the eventual destruction of family ties.

Here is a spoiler-free summary for the game. If you have any questions pertaining to the story, please do not hesitate to email me (mirrorstudio.am@gmail.com)

“The Souls’ Sonata is the story of the Verchen empire’s hot-blooded Prince Callum and his kind-hearted father, Emperor Chaise, as they try to rekindle their father-son bond after it was destroyed with the death of Verchen’s empress.
In the hopes that a woman’s love may redeem his son, as his wife had done for him, Chaise arranges for a marriage between his son and the princesses from the neighbouring empire of Mulican; an empire full of natural wonders that greatly contrasts that of the Verchen empire with its metallic bodied-people.
However, if dealing with the arranged marriage wasn’t enough, the young prince is soon forced to run away after being blamed for an accident he wasn’t involved in. He is forced to seek the Soul of Life to help him clear his name. After pursuing his son, both Chaise and Callum are sent on a journey to retain their fleeting humanity and help one another to reach the Soul of Life."

Team Needs, Compensation, Etc.
We currently need at least one more CG artist and background artist for the the game. The minimum amount of CGs depends on the number of important events in the chapter.

Unfortunately, there won't be monetary compensation because the game will be released for free. This is a passion project, not a for-profit project.

Progress Report and Current Team
Due to the rise of projects popping up and dying off suddenly, I think it is best to show that The Souls’ Sonata will be developed to completion and released. Here are several images, characters, etc. I have created for the project but do note that some of this art isn't final.

(Art examples in this link.)
https://maricore.deviantart.com/journal ... -729261476

The script for the game, currently 85 pages long with three chapters written, is written by myself and edited by two other writers. There are a planned twelve (12) chapters. The two editors are Michael Gardone (IMakeMods/ImPasta) and Lana (TeruTeru).

The project currently has these talented voice actors donating their voices:
Belsheber Rusape as Callum
JD Kelly as Emperor Chaise
Elissa Park (Adoxographist) as Empress Nancy
whiterosecrimson (Mattie Oliver) as Princess Danielle
clysmian (Évelyne McCauley) as The Soul Of Life.
Magic Kaito (Kathy Pfautsch) as Princess Carol
Jeromy Tiatia as Michael the Butler
Samuel Parish as The Soul Of Death
James Dijit Tijidor as Emperor Leslie
Lana Calvi (Teru Teru VA) as Princess Rouge
Tuong Klein as Hunter

The game is also scored by these wonderful composers:
CthulhuSeeker
Shimshon The Gadite

Contact me!
If you have any questions or concerns, or want the detailed plotline, please do not hesitate to ask! Direct them to: mirrorstudio.am@gmail.com! I will respond as soon as I can.