NaNoReno 2018 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
ejtanmusic
Projects: Into the Hoop, Renegade Knight, The Forgotten Void, Zodiac•Axis
Soundcloud: ejtanmusic

Re: NaNoReno 2018 General Recruitment Thread

#61 Post by ejtanmusic »

Hey guys,

My name's EJ. I am a music composer and sound designer and I am very excited to offer up any help to a team in need of original music or audio assets.

I write music in a variety of genres but I would mainly classify my style as: orchestral/classical/chamber/solo/acoustic.

Here's a link to my music: https://soundcloud.com/ejtanmusic/sets/demo-reel

If you're interested by all means contact me via e-mail: ejtmusic@gmail.com or PM. Looking forward to collaborating!

Cheers!
Eric Jeffrey Tan
Composer - Sound Designer - Musician
ejtmusic@gmail.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WWW: http://www.ejtanmusic.com
SC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ejtanmusic
FB: http://www.facebook.com/ejtanmusic
TW: http://www.twitter.com/ejtanmusic
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqvuY ... BcL8w7IEfQ

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#62 Post by wyverngem »

A bit of a late start on NaNo-ing, but seeking some talent for our project this year. It's an adaptation of a children's book about a woman who was once a mermaid. She's always struggled to adapt to being human, but now has to choose between returning to the water or living with those who refuse to let her be with the one she loves.

Currently we have a programmer, writer, proof-readers, artists for sprite and bg, and a GUI designer. We're still looking for a muscian for the project!

Artist: sprites 5 (2 females, 3 males) Filled
Artist: backgrounds 6 or less (most are outdoors, one inside)- Found
GUI: screens, logo, icon, mouse Filled

Musician: 2-3 songs

Just pm me if you're interested! Please send samples/portfolio! :D
Last edited by wyverngem on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jaco6222

#63 Post by jaco6222 »

[Dead] Hi community.
I am making a romance visual novel for NaNoReno.
This is my first project aside from a small project I dropped back in 2016 with my ragtag team.

The game has a basic plot outline but nothing has actually been officially written yet.
I am coding and plotting the game and I can also produce music (3 years saxophone and on / off 1 year piano)
I am also the only person currently working on this project.

I am looking for an artist to produce anime styled sprites and cgs for this game.
I am certain that there will be only two characters in the game.
I am looking for around 4 cgs but I do not know yet what they will be.
The degree of freedom you would have is large I'm cool with the characters you'd produce most of the time but there are a few conditions that I'll explain now.

The conditions are that both characters should be similar in appearances (not carbon copies) but some variation is great such as a height variation as I have planned for the ages to be separated, one is a first year (yr 11, form 5, etc) and the other is a third year (yr 13, form 7, etc)

I can explain lots more in my preferred contact program which is Discord or Facebook messenger.

It goes without mention that this game isn't being made for profit and is merely a project I took on to improve my skills.

I'm at school currently but when I get home I'll link discord details (school wifi blocks discord *sadface*)

If there are any composers out there and you want to work on this project you can join up with the discord and message me because in all likeliness you can compose much better than I can ;)

Good luck with NaNoReno 2018!
Last edited by jaco6222 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeroz
Tumblr: jeroz
Deviantart: jeroz

#64 Post by Jeroz »

I'm looking for a writer for the NaNoReNo18.

It's going to be conversation heavy between two characters (MC and the heroine) where they both have to battle their own inner demons throughout their dialogues. The setting is mostly down to earth with common everyday struggles, but with an increasing sense of urgency throughout the story.
For reference, this is an early sprite production of the main female character: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... canvas.png. It might give you some ideas.

Most of the story beats and key details have been laid out already, but our writer have to leave this late into the project due to personal reasons hence why I'm looking for one at this stage.

Please contact me via discord on @Jeroz#5856

Angie
Regular

#65 Post by Angie »

I was certain I will not have time for NaNoReNo this year, but some time got free, and I decided to give it a try.

Story goes as follows:
Beth just finished her economy studies and is about to dive into the search for job, in hopes to start a new life, and get away from home in which she does not feel welcome. But, after receiving her diploma, she is stopped by her Professor, who actually offers her a well paid job, and not only that - a location is more than intriguing. It is a city in which she was born that she left many years ago.

Beside the job, Beth expects to meet people she knew long ago, and re-build relationships that died when she moved out. However, demons of the past catch up to her, and she learns secrets she wish she never knew.

Story wise it is a typical slice of life story, maybe not exactly heavily focused on the dating aspect but building relationship with people around you, and if they find you likeable you might expect some fun things happening.

Gameplay wise, besides plentiful of choices, I plan to implement some event system, where player decides how to spend the day, which has consequences as how they are seen by other characters. Story will include possible romancable male and female characters.

The story is rather long so this would serve as a sneak peak in what it could be. I am mainly looking for character artists, there would be 6 characters to draw, and I would hope for couple of different emotions. That is, the minimum I feel I need to make this game enjoyable enough. If there would be any background or CG artists that could and would want to do couple of pieces within the set time limit, I would be delighted to work with you.

Also, I am still rather newbie to coding, although I touched some before, so if there would be anyone willing to answer a couple of questions, and show me some things I might have trouble with, I would really appreciate that, too!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

whiteteablacktea
Projects: Mihoka, Askesis Rose, A Circus Ballad
Organization: White Tea Black Tea
Tumblr: whiteteablacktea
itch: whiteteablacktea

#66 Post by whiteteablacktea »

Hi there! We at White Tea Black Tea are looking for some new cups to join our cupboard. We've set up a forum on our tea, A Circus Ballad, and would love to add more variety to it. It's a Slice-of-Life/Coming-of-Age story following Morgen, a harpy that's bullied by others because of her appearance. When the Carnival comes to town, Morgen meets three members of the Circus, all with their own flavor. With the player's help she may just find a place to call home!

We're looking to add a variety of design to our game. Some things we'd really like to sprinkle into the game to make it flourish are:
Artists: We like unique blends that are bold and savory. Is your spice what we're looking for?
Musicians: Tired of incompetch getting all the sips? Make a splash on our forum.
Voice Actors: Wanna bring out the aroma of these characters? We've got a role for everyone, and when in doubt, just ask!
GUI Programmer: Know a thing-or-two about code? Mock up the labels needed for the perfect look.

Check out our forum and if the project sounds like something you'd like to dive in, just send us a PM or e-mail! Samples are required.

Be warned though, we run on a hot schedule and Holly likes to do every other day checkups. We're aiming to get this tea steeped by March 31rst so only serious inquires please.
Sometimes sacrifices clear communication for puns.

KuroOneHalf
Regular
Completed: Cuttlebone
Projects: Somewhere In The Shade
Deviantart: KuroOneHalf
itch: kuroonehalf

#67 Post by KuroOneHalf »

Hi, I'm Kuro! I'm taking a break from my current big project to make a new Nanoreno novel. Current it's me handling the direction/illustration/BG/programming/writing, a GUI artist, and a co-writer/editor. We're sorely missing a composer to give the VN some sound (ideally 2-3 tracks). :p

If you know me, then you won't be surprised to learn it's another summery slice-of-life light romance story. Quick synopsis is boy finds himself alone in the art club with the girl he has a crush on, and the two end up having a long chat. Scoped to be a very small single scene story, ~10k words.
As such, the music would ideally have a laid back, elevator music, tropical feel. If you think you fit the bill and/or the challenge sounds interesting, please do get in touch! I have a small sample of tracks you can check out for better reference of the kind of sounds I have in mind, and you can see any of the assets we have so far for further reference and inspiration.

You may reach me through here, on the Renpy discord (Kuro#9893), or through twitter (https://twitter.com/Kuroonehalf).

ps: There's a good chance the script won't be completely finished by the end of the month, so don't fret if you're scared by the remaining time frame.

qillwi

#68 Post by qillwi »

(raises hand) Hello everyone ! I am Qill. :3c I'd love to help with character design and sprites, possibly also with backgrounds !
I am fine with BxB and GxB, but not NSFW ! I have samples on this post:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48759
PM me if interested ! !
Thanks!

PMscenarios
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo
Projects: In Blood, Xenopathy
Tumblr: pmscenarios
itch: pmscenarios

#69 Post by PMscenarios »

We've had an unfortunate drop-out of one of our sprite artists, and could really use some help on the home stretch of March.

You can read all about our project here: Whale's Waldo

We're currently seeking a sprite artist for the tiny sea slug Leonard. It would be:
1 chibi sprite body
1 bag of crisps
8 simple expressions

The path is fully written at around 5k, and has been staged with temp sprites

Update: We got help! Could still pick up a secondary sprite artist, as we have a side character that would be nice to have a sprite for if anyone wants to come make chibi sea creatures

I can be contacted on twitter (PMscenarios), email scriber at pmscenarios dot com, or here on the forum
ImageImageImage

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#70 Post by Godline »

WRITER NEEDED!

Hey homies, home stretch.

We're trying to pull this together in the last week we have left even though there have been absences (me included) and such.

What I really need is a writer who loves to explore options. It's a really simple thing we've got going. Each path starts in a location of your choice and then the MC decides what to do.

"There's a zombie coming at us!"
menu:
"run"

"defend yourself"

"tickle your comrade."

etc.

Honestly, I just want someone who can see options and write some "menu" scenes for them. It's not complicated stuff but make it as fun as you want. Or as gory.

I want this game to be as multifaceted as possible.

(Game in question: viewforum.php?f=50).

PM or email visualwordplay@gmail.com