Looking for artists for a mystery visual novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DoubleH
itch: doubleh

Looking for artists for a mystery visual novel

#1 Post by DoubleH »

Greetings! My name is DoubleH and I'm developing a game called "Masada-sensei: The Case of the Banishing Purple". It is a mystery visual novel in the vein of games like Ace Attorney and Papers Please where the player solves a crime via solving puzzles. Programming is already being handled and we're at a decent point of completion, but I'm still looking for character artists who can draw the sprites for the game and additional artwork.

The game should have at least 7 characters with a few poses each. The style should be of anime influence, but from there it can be developed further. Additional artwork includes: objects, cutscenes, UI, extra backgrounds, etc. There is no rush or deadline to finish this project, but I expect people to be reasonable and work steadily on their assigned task.

The story so far: new student Hana Mogamizawa gets a valuable jewel stolen on her first day at school. The only suspects: a very egotistic and scatteredbrained male student, president of the shogi club, a very exciteble and peppy female student who looks a bit too optimistic and a very jaded teacher who looks like she is one day away from giving up on everything. Only Masada Mayonaka, the school's resident teen detective can solve this banal dispute.

Thank you very much for your attention.

FrostkingDemetri
Regular
Tumblr: fkdemetri
Deviantart: fkdemetri

Re: Looking for artists for a mystery visual novel

#2 Post by FrostkingDemetri »

Just wondering, will you be paying for the graphics to be made?

YoruUta

Re: Looking for artists for a mystery visual novel

#3 Post by YoruUta »

FrostkingDemetri wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 pm Just wondering, will you be paying for the graphics to be made?
FrostkingDemetri, my apologies for answering your question so late.

DoubleH has been busy with the project, so I hope you don't mind me answering your question (I'm a member of the team, nice to meet'cha!).
Unfortunately, we don't have any money to pay the artists. All the work would have to be done for free.
If the game generates any revenue, there's a chance this money could be split between the team members. However, at this point, it's quite difficult to predict this, and I don't want to promise you something that I'm not 100% sure. :(

So far, we've been using free assets and three artist have already agreed to work with us. The art style is still being 'constructed' so we're still looking for Concept Artists. We're also looking for Background Artists and UI designers.

-----------

Also (hope you'll forgive me for the marketing move), if you're still uncertain or want to know more about the project, you can check our twitter and tumblr to see what we've been up to. A private message will also do the trick! Even if you don't want to join, your feedback is quite welcomed!

Tumblr: https://masadasenseithedetective.tumblr.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Masada_Team