Eternity - At The End Of A Lonely Road (Team Wanted)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
TsubasaNakajima

Eternity - At The End Of A Lonely Road (Team Wanted)

#1 Post by TsubasaNakajima » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been going on and off of the forums for 3 years now, but have joined only 1 visual novel project (which is still in the process of being made).
We are currently on a hiatus due to real-life work-loads from some members, so I thought it would be a good time to start on a project of my own for a while.
I had an idea for a kinetic visual novel that I thought of a few months ago but left stored away (short 5-8 hour visual novel with no options available). I would have liked to work on 2 other projects that were on a bigger scale, but I think it'd be best to start with something small (and also because 1 of them dealt with fantasy, and since this is a free project, I don't know how many people would have been experienced in drawing fantasy elements). I'd love to release this by the end of 2018 if possible, and I'm thankful for anyone who's willing to help me on this journey.

At the moment, only the outline of the story and some designs have been completed. I think that's fine however, since I'd love to have creative input from others before going majorly deep into the story.

Synopsis - 20 years ago, a professor created a robot that was originally planned to help humans in the creation of immortality with the knowledge that they'd posses, having an immortal lifespan themselves. When he presented it however, instead of being a robot that could give out information about immortality, she became a robot that gave out information about human emotions. As she became a failure to the professor, he sold her to the black market. A war occurred which happened to be 3 years after the robot was created and sold to the black market. The war lasted for 14 years and the world was flooded in dust, blood, rain, and sorrow. The professor survived, and so did the robot-girl he created. A man who was a part of the army in the war, found the robot-girl sitting on the bed of his late-fiance at the junk center, taking her in and living with her as he tried coping with the effects of life after the war. This is the story of how a robot gave meaning to a man who believed he lost everything.

Genre - Slice Of Life, Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi, Physiological

Characters - Though I don't have names for them yet, I don't plan on making many characters.

MAIN
Unnamed Main Heroine - A cheerful but kind girl who is taken in by a boy as they live together in peace after the war. Though she does not have an actual age (considering she's a robot), her appearance would fit someone in their 20's (along with when she was created).

Unnamed Main Protagonist - A stoic boy who takes in a girl after seeing her at the junk center. He lost his fiance during the war (despite his young age), and though he doesn't show his emotions, he continues to be heartbroken at the lost of his fiance.

Unnamed Female Friend - A girl who sings her problems away by the dusty seashore. She becomes friends with the Unnamed Main Heroine when she goes out and walks around the town. She has a history with the Unnamed Main Protagonist and Unnamed Male Friend.

Unnamed Male Friend - A surviving army soldier who was a part of the same division as the Unnamed Main Protagonist.

SIDE
Unnamed Professor - The man who created the Unnamed Main Heroine. He survived the war and still believes in the idea that immortality can be created with scientific measures, saying that it can help with society.

Protagonist's Mother - A caring and kind mother who goes to check up on her son every now and then, worrying about his son and how he may cope with the death of his fiance. She soon meets the robot main heroine and starts to be more relieved that she's there to take care of her son.

PROJECT #03 - A female robot that was created for the same purpose as the Unnamed Main Heroine 20 years ago by another professor. She was used to help commanders find new innovations to win the war.

TEAM NEEDED
Writers - OPEN
Coder(s)/Programmer(s) - OPEN
Background Artist(s) - OPEN
Logo Designer - OPEN
Sprite Artist(s) - OPEN
CG Artist(s) - OPEN
Side-Composer - OPEN
Vocalist(s) - OPEN
Arranger(s) - OPEN

What I Can Do

I have most of the story planned out, and am also a composer.

What You Might Get

This is a free project, therefore I can't give you anything. But with passion and dedication, we can put our efforts into this title and try creating something that may gain support from others, and we can go on from there.

NOTES For The People Who Are Interested in Working For The Project

- I am composing for another project currently (which is on a bigger scale), so I may need another composer just in case.
- This is going to be a kinetic novel and short, so it's fine if there's not another composer.
- I have the character designs planned out, and will need the Sprite/CG Artists to try and mimic the designs with their own additions that they think will benefit the designs.
- For the vocalist position, it's mainly just for the ending-song and 1-2 insert song(s), so don't feel bad if you don't get picked, since I'll be using only 1-2 vocalist(s) (if any even apply). I have other projects in the future that I'll definitely ask you to be a part of if you're not on this one!
- For the arranger, I'll be composing something and would like them to help convey what I want some of the instruments to sound like, along with their own ideas and input.
- My designs (at least for this title) will be a bit on the "moe" side (big eyes, small nose). I'd like someone who's comfortable with those type of designs (especially due to the eyes). This is mainly for the female characters.
- Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to control things such as the designs and such, but I'm willing to work out a compromise if something isn't working.

Contact
If you are interested, please feel free to comment down below, or PM me and I can try creating a Discord group for this project.

Xaneath

Re: Eternity - At The End Of A Lonely Road (Team Wanted)

#2 Post by Xaneath » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:51 am

I love the idea of this project! I have several story ideas about robots, immortality, and philosophy, but none of them have quite gotten off the ground yet.

I'm not sure I would have time to contribute fully to the project, but I would love to help in any way I can. I compose short pieces (VERY short, I'm bad at finishing everything long), but mostly I write and edit. If you need a grammar pedant, I can help there :D

A final thought: some time ago, I was looking up names and words and names that are words for a project of my own, and I came across the name Aika. It's a Japanese (female) name commonly translated as "love song", but it's also the Finnish word for time. Coming across your immortal robot girl reminded me of that, even though you didn't mention any cultural backgrounds.

(I also admit to having written a short piece in (very) rough Finnish, with lyrics as follows:
Aika, aika, kukkiva kukka
Aika, aika, kukkiva kukka
Akaiset virrat
Lapset kasvavat
Kapungit polttavat
En oppii mitään

Which roughly translates to:
Time, time, blooming flower
Time, time, blooming flower
Time flows/time currents
Children grow/are growing
Cities burn/are burning
I do not learn anything

...inspiration is weird. Feel free to use the name Aika or not, as you please (I came up with a different backstory which brought a much better name). If you want me to send you the song, I can – again, the character for which I wrote it was redrafted.)

TsubasaNakajima

#3 Post by TsubasaNakajima » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:08 am

Xaneath wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:51 am
I'm not sure I would have time to contribute fully to the project, but I would love to help in any way I can. I compose short pieces (VERY short, I'm bad at finishing everything long), but mostly I write and edit. If you need a grammar pedant, I can help there :D
Thanks! Actually, after getting a writer, I realized that I'd need an editor to check the grammar. I'd love it if you were on the team so that we could bounce ideas on and off! PM me when you can and I'll send you to the discord group!

AnastasiaMorning
Deviantart: AnastasiaMorning

#4 Post by AnastasiaMorning » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi!
I am interested in sprite artist/SG artist position.
It seems like a kind of stories I like and I want to expand my portfolio.
I think I can make the sprites for you in a style like this https://anastasiamorning.deviantart.com ... -671066333 http://fav.me/dbltl3v http://fav.me/daw7hhp
You can see more of my art here https://anastasiamorning.deviantart.com/gallery/
If you're interested you can email me at artisticanastasia@gmail.com

P.S. Aika sounds like a lovely name.

Windreda
Completed: Arcadia
Projects: Missing Stars
Organization: Somnova Studios

#5 Post by Windreda » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:11 pm

This idea seems very similar in themes to Lucy - The Eternity She Wished For. Is that intentional with this being a project inspired from it, or perhaps unintentional?

https://vndb.org/v16743
“Forget black and white and try on gray. In hair color, wardrobe or life choices, it may feel more enlivening than you imagine.”
-Gina Greenlee

Please support Somnova Studio's current VN project Missing Stars!
http://missing-stars.net/

TsubasaNakajima

#6 Post by TsubasaNakajima » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Windreda wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:11 pm
This idea seems very similar in themes to Lucy - The Eternity She Wished For. Is that intentional with this being a project inspired from it, or perhaps unintentional?

https://vndb.org/v16743
Hello there! I've not read Lucy yet actually, nor did I read the synopsis from it until you brought it up. I actually bought it on Steam (and didn't read the plot since it was recommended from the nakige games and was also around 50% off), but have yet to read it. Now that you mention it and I've read the synopsis, it does sound quite similar with the junk yard and emotional robot.

I will say that the title is inspired from the title of Lucy (mainly the "Eternity" since I happened to think about the title when I was trying to think up of a title), but I don't think anything else will be similar (and I may change the title later on, since I was skeptical about the title when I wrote it down), since this is all from a robot story I planned months ago. If I had to pinpoint a title that I would have been inspired by when thinking up of a robot story, I'd say it's more inspired from Harmonia rather than Lucy.

However, thank you for giving me a heads up!