Seeking team for a family drama VN (writer and GUI artist needed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Seeking team for a family drama VN (writer and GUI artist needed)

#1 Post by runeraccoon »

NaNoRenO is over, so I missed the best chance to create this VN, but if I let it sit until next nano, God knows what kind of idea I'd have in my head by then. The title is meant to be misleading, as the focus will be more on family drama, but there will be romance. As to how much, it is open to the table. The deadline is set for a month after the artist(s) and writer(s) finish the concept. It's like our own personal nano. ^^

I'm sorry for the quick-made logo, they're temporary and made from Freepik's watercolor background just to entice you to join in. There will be a revamp in the future, possibly, especially if a GUI artist joins in.

Excerpt
When MC finally meets a handsome stranger who seems to be interested in building a relationship her, she expects a romantic future, not reopening the scabs and facing this issue with a father that she doesn't treat like one.

The characters aren't named yet. The goal is about 50,000+ words with 3-4 endings, but without many branches. It's semi-KN actually.

Main Characters
MC: A 25 year old woman who hasn't been in a relationship before. She's a bit gullible to people's approach, but thankfully she has several close friends who keep her from harm. Normally dedicated and outspoken, family issue is never something she like to talk about to other people.

Guy: A charming guy who seems to be interested in MC through a series of coincidences. He's likely to have several issues, but will MC care enough to find out?

Mother: MC's mom. A strong-willed independent woman whose heart only softens for her children. She's still married for the family, not for the marriage.

Father: MC's dad. A bossy middle aged man, who seems to be really charming for younger woman. He has been involved in several affairs in the past, but to what extent is what MC is definitely NOT interested to find out.

Other characters: There are MC's two siblings, two friends/housemates, cameos that's mentioned in passing, and nameless literal strangers.

Main concept: runeraccoon
Idea bouncer: IronForPistons
Writer: [TBA]
Sprite artist: runeraccoon
BG artist: runeraccoon
GUI artist: [N/A]
Editor: IronForPistons
Programmer: JacenBoy
Music: CC assets, lowest priority sorry ; n ;

What I'm really looking for is a writing partner who has a good grasp of creative writing (all the plot points, climax, resolution, etc.) OR a long term editor who's willing to be patient with me. I already have a basic plot, but it is still rough and needing an idea bouncer. For writer, newbies are okay, please send a sample of your writing, preferably in VN format. I also need you to be interested to write in another culture.

I'm willing to do skill trade for your projects over how long you need to work on mine, though we cannot actually do them at the same time.
Contact me via PM or fire an email to runeraccoon@gmail.com.
Future main communication should be in e-mail or Discord. ^^
Last edited by runeraccoon on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.