Basic Zombie Battle Stuff Needed [Zombie Bait]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Basic Zombie Battle Stuff Needed [Zombie Bait]

#1 Post by Godline »

Ho boy!

Our Nanoreno project got seriously stalled.
This one: https://godline.itch.io/zombie-bait
And I blame myself. But this is not a post for beating myself up... it's a post for looking for someone to rescue the project from the depths of despair!

What do I need from you lovely project saviour?

Someone who can find places in the script and make little zombie encounters. It can just be a simple menu in ren'py like:

"We come across a zombie."
"[zombie description]"
menu:
"Attack."

"Run"

"Use a diversion."

I don't know what else. I'm hoping someone is more imaginative than me. Because my brain has hit a massive stone wall with this.

I just need someone who can interrupt the story and stick in gameplay because I keep staring at the script and not knowing the first thing to do with it. Especially someone who doesn't mind taking the wheel and sticking in improvements even if it means changing the script.

Even if you are inspired enough to take off with some writing, that would be a HUGE help.

Contact me if you can help!

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: Basic Zombie Battle Stuff Needed [Zombie Bait]

#2 Post by Mammon »

A few questions that might also help other potentially interested people decide:

1) Are these encounters purely ren'py text&choices, in an RPG combat system or something else?
2) Regardless of 1), does this game have hp, status effects (like getting infected), death of relevant characters, item management, etc?
3) What are the options and possibilities of your game? Ask your programmer about this, think survive a set amount of turns, stealth mode, time limitations, time-related zombie summoning intervals, etc.
4) Are you expecting/hoping for a regular zombie appearance rhythm, only on appropriate moments but more often, or just any actual zombie attack scenes added to a now zombie-deprived script?

And of course
5) Basic information on the script like how many words/pages, if it's otherwise finished, etc.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Basic Zombie Battle Stuff Needed [Zombie Bait]

#3 Post by Godline »

Thank you my most awesome Mammon. <3

1) I'd love to do a combat system but I really don't mind if it's just simple ren'py text&choices. There just needs to be something to break up the monotony.

2) I can easily code in any of that stuff if someone wants to do the creative part like thinking up items and when to get the items. There'll probably be basic HP system so the MC can potentially die.

3) Programmer had no clue so it was all left to me (not sure if the programmer is still involved?), and I had no idea what to do about those. It's not the coding part that's the problem, it's thinking up when and where things should occur.

4) I'm expecting someone else to make that decision for me. Haha! Because I'd rather just focus on the fun stuff!

And of course
5) 15k words so far (I think).
Not otherwise finished. We were going to release a demo for Nanoreno but having no gameplay elements has kind of thrown me off and I feel like something is missing.