Toumei Koiito [Otome] (Looking for Writers, Assistant programmer, BG artist and BGM composer)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
ritsuki1130
Discord: Ritsuki#3365

Toumei Koiito [Otome] (Looking for Writers, Assistant programmer, BG artist and BGM composer)

#1 Post by ritsuki1130 »

Hello, Ritsuki here. I'm making an otome visual novel. I'm new here in this forum and in developing games so I might be uneducated in some parts but I am learning.

So I have created a small Team called Spica Studios. We have already started on our project and is in dire need of Writers, Assistant programmer, BG artist and BGM composer.

Genre: Slice-of-Life, Drama

Setting: Modern day Japan

Story: 16-years old Amano Shizuka recently lost her most important person, Shimizu Haruto, to death and is currently grieving. A month passed since the accident and Shizuka welcomes a new school year. With Haruto gone, the sweets club Shizuka and Haruto created in their previous year is in the brink of disbanding. So Shizuka has to continue Haruto's legacy by bringing in new members while silently mourning.

So the main focus of the story is how Shizuka overcomes her grief of losing Haruto by meeting new people and how those people overcome their own grief as well.

Main Characters:

Amano Shizuka - The heroine. Very shy but very caring for her friends. Can be stubborn at times. Has always been in love with Haruto since they were children.

Shimizu Haruto - Shizuka’s childhood friend. Kind and friendly and loved by everyone. His dream is opening his own café/bakery. The creator of the school’s sweets club. Accepted Shizuka’s confession and became lovers but died on a fire accident.

Nagase Toa - Haruto’s little brother and Shizuka’s other childhood friend. Went with father when parents divorced at age 9 and moved to Tokyo. Went back to live with mother when Haruto died and transferred to Shizuka’s school.

Yanagawa Kohaku - A new student in Shizuka’s school and joined the sweets club. An energetic and cheerful guy but can be clumsy at times.

Tsukahara Chiaki - Shizuka’s substitute homeroom teacher, Horie Chisa’s little brother. Came to substitute as a teacher during Chisa’s maternal leave.

Kudou Nozomu - A student from a different school. Met Shizuka by the cliff by the sea. Is mysterious and a guy with a few words. Raised in an orphanage.

Sub-characters:

Fujimura Mio - Shizuka’s classmate and a member of sweets club. Childhood friends with Kaname and is going out with him. Cheerful and can easily befriend anyone.

Hiiragi Kaname - Shizuka’s classmate and a member of sweets club. Childhood friends with Mio and is going out with her. Class president. Calm and serious guy.

Horie Chisa - Shizuka’s homeroom and physics teacher, sweets cub’s advisor and Chiaki’s older sister. Is currently on a maternal leave. All students lover her because of her caring personality.

What we have done so far:

I am the main artist in this game. We have already finished the main character's sprites and expressions.

I also do the programming and have already started the GUI design. Here are some screenshots.

ImageImage
ImageImage
*The BG above is taken from the internet so it's not mine*

The writers on our team has already started the script. And the overall plot summary time table up until the common route has been written and laid out.

So what do our team need:

First and foremost, we need more writers. We currently only have one writer in our team. But she's been so busy lately so we needed another or two writers to speed things up. How do we work on the script? I make a simple draft in Google sheets and I ask the the writers to prettify the script. (I am not confident in my writing skills...) And I and another editor do the final editing.

Second, we need a BG artist. I'm already quite busy with the character sprites, CGs, writing, programming and overseeing this whole project. So having someone helping with the BG art of this game can be a big help to me.

Third, a BGM composer. We have yet to find good music composer for this game and is looking for someone to fill the job. I have piano and guitar music experience so I may help out at this aspect.

Lastly, an assistant programmer. I'm still a beginner at using RenPy and is still learning. I may have already laid out the overall GUI design but I still need help at the more detailed and harder programming. I still haven't done the Settings and Gallery screens. So people who is experienced at using RenPy can be a great asset to this team.

We have also made a teaser site and an official twitter. You may check it out to see more details of the game.

Unfortunately, as we don't have any budget, I am not able to pay anyone who offers their service. However, we may start a kickstarter for this game once we make a demo for the common route then payment will be available. Currently, we are also accepting donations through Patreon.

Please comment or contact me through PM if there's any questions, suggestions or if you want to apply for the team.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

ritsuki1130
Discord: Ritsuki#3365

Re: Toumei Koiito [Otome] (Looking for Writers, Assistant programmer, BG artist and BGM composer)

#2 Post by ritsuki1130 »

Update!!

We have recruited enough writers for the team. But I'd like an editor/proofreader that could spot grammatical errors if possible!

We have also recruited a bgm composer willing to compose original pieces for us so the spot for the BGM composer is closed.
Although if possible, we would like to add an original opening theme song, so if anyone is interested in applying, please message or email me.

We still need a BG artist though! Anyone willing to help, please message or email me.

Aside from the backgrounds, we have almost finished the script for the demo. Around 90% So hopefully we can release the demo to the world soon!