[Open] Chevalier - [BxB] [Sound Designer]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Saibraeus
Regular
Projects: Chevalier
Organization: Kogitsune

[Open] Chevalier - [BxB] [Sound Designer]

#1 Post by Saibraeus »

Hello! We're on the hunt for a sound designer again.

A tl;dr of the story:
Sad angry hermit with daddy issues gets pulled into a war because he has powers. Life is awful and princes aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Also demons-- demons everywhere.

For a serious overview of the project, please skim through here.
On the more technical side of things, it's a free/personal project with no kickstarter or anything of the sort.

General trigger warnings for this project in case they're deal breakers:
- Topics of abuse (Potentially in all forms)
- Violence
- Some light gore
- Holier-than-thou characters

Despite my commentary, I wouldn't classify Chevalier as a comedy VN but the ability to interject comedy would be great.

What I need:
- 1 Sound designer
- 1 more co-writer (Optional/not a priority)

Sound Designer:
- Responsible for working with the programmer to give direction/suggestions on sound
- Finding sound FX and music to suit each scene.
- NOT necessarily responsible for composing unless you'd like to! Just finding CC resources will be enough.
- Will need to comb through a somewhat long script in order to implement notes for the programmer.

Co-writers:
So I might be a little hard to work with on this front, hence it's optional and tentative for now. But for co-writers ideally I'd like someone who is
- Open to working on one route
- Willing to work under an already outlined structure (Ex. There's a preset route/scenes/goal and the writer's responsibility is mainly filling in details)
- Open to dealing with many mature topics, from violence to abuse and questions of psychological morality.
- Interested in writing for complex characters that are flawed and not necessarily or traditionally good/moral. [Litmus test: If you hate Goro Akechi from P5 you might not like these characters... :' ) ]
- Preferably has samples of your writing!

Sorry if this sounds super picky... T__T

What's been completed:
- The GUI / Logo
- All demo backgrounds
- All the demo CGs
- All demo sprites
- The demo script
- 45% of the demo coding
If you're interested, please shoot me a message here or through email [KYPang.Art @ gmail.com]
Thank you for your time!
Last edited by Saibraeus on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

SelenesMemeory
Projects: A Lost Tale of the Deep Sea

Re: Chevalier - [BxB] [Fantasy/Drama] [Looking for a GUI coder]

#2 Post by SelenesMemeory »

If you still need someone to help, I'd give it a shot. I'm no professional but I just finished the gui on my game (haven't added the gallery yet though) and I don't mind messing around with the numbers and positions in Ren'Py to get everything just right. Please note that I'm not very fast but I'm pretty determined and if I don't know how to do it, I can find out. Just message me if you still need someone.

Saibraeus
Regular

Re: Chevalier - [BxB] [Fantasy/Drama] [Found for now, thank you!]

#3 Post by Saibraeus »

Hello!

Thank you so much! I actually found someone for now but if anything else arises I'll be sure to contact you!

Everyone is so nice on this forum T___T Thank you all!

Saibraeus
Regular

Re: Chevalier - [BxB] [Seeking Sound Designer + Possibly Co-writer]

#4 Post by Saibraeus »

Hello! We're back and looking for a sound designer.

Thank you~

Saibraeus
Regular

Re: [Open] Chevalier - [BxB] [Sound Designer]

#5 Post by Saibraeus »

Back a second time for a sound designer, oops--!