[FILLED] Need artist; already written, mostly coded

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
MI_Buddy
Regular
Projects: Breakdown, Showpony
Tumblr: joshpowlison
Deviantart: MI-Buddy
Github: joshpowlison
Soundcloud: joshpowlison
itch: joshpowlison

[FILLED] Need artist; already written, mostly coded

#1 Post by MI_Buddy »

Hey guys!

I had a writing experiment awhile ago where I wanted to see how quickly I could cause a deeply scarred character to spill their guts. With the right character and setting, the answer is in less than 5 minutes.

I'm looking for an artist to finish up. None of the art's been made. The KN's about a 5-minute read and would be released for free online. This is unpaid work; if you're unwilling to do unpaid, but you could really use some programming work, shoot me a message and we can talk exchange!

I'm the writer and programmer, and it's using a new engine for posting KNs online. It's already written, and the text is all coded in.

Any art made for this, you could feel free to re-release for sale. If you have assets you've already released that sound like they'd fit the bill, I'd be happy to go with those too!

The characters needed:
  • YA male, goofy and naive
  • YA female, spunky
  • YA female, gentle, red hair
(the PC is first-person, so you never see him)

Backgrounds:
  • 2 interior college dorms
  • 2 painted backdrops with characters
I'm open to all sorts of styles, from fun chibi to more realistic manga and other. It's just that chibi would offer more mood whiplash; I think each style could have strengths for the story.

Content:
  • Drug reference
Because the goal of the story was to cause a character to break down emotionally, I recognize that the story might be too triggering for some of you. I totally respect that and will give you the full script and more info so you can see if it's a project you're up for. If you look at it and aren't up for it, that is AOK.

Let me know if you're interested with a PM or post!

PS- I figure I'll pick up some free music from a website like freepd.com, but if you're a composer and interested, feel free to message me as well!
Last edited by MI_Buddy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writer/Programmer
KNs/VNS completed: Breakdown
KNs/VNs in development: Caravan, Project Foresight (working title)
Resources: Your Story Now!: YouTube series Showpony: web vn engine Free software list Free stock list

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Need artist; already written, mostly coded

#2 Post by Godline »

I have some sprites from a project that I never finished which could work?

I mean if it's only a five minute long visual novel it's really not worth getting new art vs creative commons resources IMO.

I will find them and PM them to you though.

MI_Buddy
Regular

#3 Post by MI_Buddy »

@Godline Thanks, I'd love to check them out! :D

Yeah, I know for a 5-minute piece CC work might make more sense. I figured I'd post here still though if somebody would be interested in getting involved.
Writer/Programmer
Resources: Your Story Now!: YouTube series Showpony: web vn engine Free software list Free stock list

puppetbomb
Regular
Tumblr: puppetbomb
itch: puppetbomb

#4 Post by puppetbomb »

Are you still looking for an artist?

MI_Buddy
Regular

#5 Post by MI_Buddy »

@puppetbomb Absolutely, please PM me so we can get talking about it and I can send you a link to the story online!

Btw, I looked through your Tumblr and love your work! :D
Writer/Programmer