[closed] Seeking voice actors for comedy/romance VN!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

[closed] Seeking voice actors for comedy/romance VN!

#1 Post by minyan »

Update: I’ve decided that if any women are interested I’ll be taking casting calls for Braums with a female voice as well! I think a woman who can do a low/more masculine sounding voice would also work just fine.

Update: There are lots of other parts available save for the leads, though no one who has more than a few lines at a time. I plan on asking some people who aren’t quite fits for the character if they’d be interested in playing one or a few of these parts instead.

If you would prefer not to be considered for anything other than a lead, please feel free to let me know!

You can find the game here: https://minyan.itch.io/thepretendersguild

Hello! My name is Minyan and I'm seeking five voice actors for my visual novel. There are three male parts, one female part, and one part that could be played by a male or female. It is complete and has a following of people who would love to see voice acting included! You can see some of my other completed projects here: minyan.itch.io, and here fablesoft.itch.io

The story is about two best friends forced away from their home due to high taxes from their king. They decide to attempt a get rich quick scheme by posing as bodyguards for a noble, and hijinks ensue. One of the big themes is friendship, the relationship between the four characters as they go on their journey is the main focus. It's a fairly lighthearted story with a few twists and turns at the end. Of course, the romance plays a large part too. There are some steamy scenes but nothing beyond some detailed kissing (Paris' route might fog your computer screen but I swear there is no r18 content). This project is LGBTQ+ friendly. Ash's sprite is customizable and their gender and pronoun can be changed. More information about the game can be found in the link above!

The deadline is July 5th 10pm EST

Project rating: 16+

Warnings:
Language
Violence
Mentions of drugs and alcohol
Sexuality
Brief nudity

Don't be afraid to ask questions, and feel free to audition for multiple parts. Thank you and I look forward to hearing your beautiful voices!

If you're on casting call club you can audition here: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/t ... s-guild-vn

Otherwise Please email all auditions to aferalcircus@gmail.com in mp3 format, you can download this PDF for in-depth character descriptions and lines: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/t ... s-guild-vn

Summary of roles:

update: A big part of The Pretenders Guild is customization, you can change Ash’s hair and eye color, skin tone, and their background, and each change affects the story, some in larger ways than others. In keeping with this theme, I’m thinking that it would be really neat if you were able to change their voice as well. Therefore I’m going to be casting two male Ash voices and two female Ash voices. In case you’re wondering, yes, Dragon Age is a huge inspiration.

Thank you!

{Ash} The main character. Seeking male and female voice.
Description: An ambitious person who doesn’t have problems bending the rules a little bit to get things done.

Voice notes:
100% confidence all the time (except when they’re not)
Has a tendency to talk to themselves in a quieter voice than how they normally speak
Usually smiling, I imagine them sounding very bright
Is a smart-ass

{Rafael} Seeking male voice
Description: Rafael is a sociopath who finds it difficult to empathize with others. He’s a skilled hunter, quiet, calm, logical.

Voice notes:
Baritone
Tends to be rather monotone unless he’s curious or confused.
Sounds very calm and collected, rarely raises his voice

{Braums} Seeking male/low female voice
Description: Braums has lived a very sheltered life and has a sense of entitlement that he’s only just become aware of and is trying to do something about— but it’s very slow going. He’s very smart but rather naive. Believes in the supernatural, and is afraid of thunderstorms.

Voice notes:
Tenor
A little feminine
Aristocratic
Can sound rather snobby. Think young Draco Malfoy
Often raises his voice when angry or scared

{Paris} Seeking male voice

Description: Paris is a playboy. He often acts like he doesn’t care about wealth but his pink silk shirt is the most expensive thing he owns and he treasures it. He secretly envies those with money.

Voice notes:
A low baritone/bass
Usually sounds very casual and friendly
Usually defaults to deadpan sarcasm when angry unless he’s really steaming

Don't be afraid to e-mail me with any questions. Thank you and I look forward to hearing your beautiful voices!
Last edited by minyan on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Seeking voice actors for comedy/romance VN!

#2 Post by minyan »

Last call! Auditions close soon.
ImageImage