Lads in Distress [GxB] [Otome | Fairy Tale] - Looking For Character + CG Artists

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

Lads in Distress [GxB] [Otome | Fairy Tale] - Looking For Character + CG Artists

#1 Post by Alcor »

Introduction

Hey everyone! As you may know, we are recruiting for new artists to do the character art and CGs for Lads in Distress, a free otome visual novel based on fairy tales.

Game Information

[GxB] Otome, Fairy Tale, Romance, Fantasy, Comedy

General Recruitment Information (Applicable to All Positions Below)
  • Anime art style preferred
  • Highly prefer someone who can draw / color in a style somewhat similar to our already finished sprites (which can been found here), but this is not a must! So send in your applications anyway! :)
  • No real deadline, so there’s no rush to get the art done!
  • These are unpaid positions! -- Lads in Distress is a free-to-play game. It is basically a labor of love, so unfortunately, we have no budget to commission artists. None of us in the team has received any payment or profit from this either. We will, of course, credit you in game for your work, and our eternal gratitude.
  • Discord communication preferred, but not necessary.
  • If interested, please send in an application according to the guidelines in the last section of the post.

Specific Recruitment Information

1-2 Character Artist(s)
  • Sprites for 11 characters (10 side characters, 1 main love interest)
  • If we manage to find multiple character artists, then the workload can be split in half. So please apply anyway even if you think you can’t do so many!
  • As mentioned, there is no real deadline, so there’s no rush to get the art done! Hopefully, that makes the workload sound less daunting.
  • Requires custom design by artist(s)
  • Will be working closely with the writer to make sure the design fits the characters’ personalities / background etc.
1-3 CG Artist(s)
  • 4-6 CGs per route with 5 routes in game, so the total workload is 20 to 30 CGs.
  • The artist can decide how many they want to do within that range (or more if they want ;) We wouldn’t say no!)
  • If we manage to find multiple CG artists, then the workload can be split. So please apply anyway even if you think you can’t do so many!
  • As mentioned, there is no real deadline, so there’s no rush to get the art done! Hopefully, that makes the workload sound less daunting!
  • Backgrounds in the CGs can be kept simple if the artist(s) so prefer
  • Will be working closely with the writer to make sure the CG fits the scene in the story

How to Apply

Please PM me with the following:
  • Position you want to apply for
  • Samples of your art (If possible, please send samples most relevant to your position e.g. if you are applying to be CG artist, then please send samples of CGs instead of just sprites if possible!)
  • Preferred method of communication (e.g. Discord, email, Tumblr)
  • Minimum number of sprites / CGs you will be able to do
  • (Only for CG artist applications) Preferred routes if we get multiple artists (i.e. Mer, Snow, Zel, Nicholl, Ellis)
We will consider all applications and get back to you when we’ve come to a decision on which artists to take on!

Thank you very much :)

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB] [Otome | Fairy Tale] - Looking For Character + CG Artists

#2 Post by NiKaWo »

Ooh, I hope you guys get some good responses. I really wish I could draw :(

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB] [Otome | Fairy Tale] - Looking For Character + CG Artists

#3 Post by wingzofdarkness »

I would love to apply and be part of the team, but my art is just too different from Elzee's style. I wish you the best of luck!