Lead Daz3D artist and character poser needed for a patreon funded 18+ Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
GhostRider X

Lead Daz3D artist and character poser needed for a patreon funded 18+ Visual Novel

#1 Post by GhostRider X »

Dear Readers

'I, Peter, am excited to bring you on board this journey together as the Lead Artist and 3DX character modeler and designer.

This is an offer for a position for the Lead artist for a Visual Novel. It is not a full time job or an 8 hour shift per day but more as a contract for a long term employment along with me. You can work freely with all the leeway towards your working time and schedule as per your individual desires. The only requirement and expectation is working along a fixed deadline for each milestone**. The expected work requires a quality product as needed and required by me at times. Take it as a contract within collaborative work rather than employment.

For this position I am offering to start paying you with a 40% or $2000 of the revenue shares, whichever is lower per month.

As part for your compensation for the collaborative work with us I would also offer a long term part-benefits from the revenue share for a life-time***.

Peter Anderson

Edit: Characters only need to be worked in Daz3D and poser only. Some characters might need to be worked from scratch but not all. But sorry for my prior thread and I am not expecting someone to work from scratch modelling the characters from the start.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little bit about me and the work.

I can just say this about me, being an avid programmer and developer I aim to accomplish something good. I can't say something big, I don't think there is anything that big which is not always foreshadowed by the time one day. But as for me, it just means something that others appreciate and which gives me a satisfaction to my heart.

This is a Work-In-Progress project, a Visual Novel at that. Which includes a little bit of romance and to up things more some elements of explicit content, nudity and sexual gimmicks to the novel. As per that you can call it an Adult Visual Novel or an 18+ Graphical Visual Novel.

Right now there is a writer working on the premise of the story and its script. Then there is me, the programmer. And then there is you the artist. a 3 man team (or more if the artist works with a team of his own).

For the part on how it would be making money, it will be funded online through Patreon. If you would not be knowing about it then I would advise you to check it out once. See how it works and ask me anything if you do not understand about it.

Samples to what kind of work that might be needed is included in this link: http://www.lewdlab.com
The work would need quality which is as par to their quality or better.
(These are not mine though but from another developer)

That is all to it right now. Any queries and subsequent questions can be asked through messages or my skype live:pete.ander.son1212

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms and conditions.
1) Under the collaborative work any renders that might be rendered could require any kind and number of changes as per the requirements. Most of the renders needed would still be discussed beforehand but the ones which aren't, don't consider them to be final renders for the project. It might just go to scrape art gallery.
2) There is not any kind of deadline to each milestone, not a fixed one at least but still working with a schedule would be required. There is a little bit of leeway to this and it is not strictly to a fixed date.
3) The benefits and compensation for the project are only available when and if the project is finished with you still on the team and you work on the subsequent projects as the lead or an assisting artist still. That is to say that any benefits will be only acquired as long as you stick with the project and team till its completion. If you leave the team before there won't be any benefits as stated above. If you would not be working on other subsequent projects after then the benefits will only be given for a period of 12 months and no long after.
4) The benefits include 5-10% of a variable rev-share per month. It would not be lesser than 5% or more than 10% of it.

*employment only means a collaborative work upon this project with a revenue share among the involved parties.
**milestone(s) are just the amount of work per month or per episode as required.
***life-time is as long as you stick with the other subsequent projects after this one with the team and until the team is not disbanded. Other than that if you finish the work and want to leave it only means a period of 12 months.
Last edited by GhostRider X on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Lead 3D artist and character modeler needed for a patreon funded 18+ Visual Novel

#2 Post by fleet »

I wish you success finding a 3D artist who can produce artwork equivalent to the quality of the images at your link. :D
You may have to make a 'pay part of the commission up front' arrangement to get that kind of quality. :?
While I use 3D art in my visual novels, the quality of my art is nowhere near that of the examples at your link. :(
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

GhostRider X

Re: Lead 3D artist and character modeler needed for a patreon funded 18+ Visual Novel

#3 Post by GhostRider X »

fleet wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:45 pm I wish you success finding a 3D artist who can produce artwork equivalent to the quality of the images at your link. :D
You may have to make a 'pay part of the commission up front' arrangement to get that kind of quality. :?
While I use 3D art in my visual novels, the quality of my art is nowhere near that of the examples at your link. :(
Thanks for the reply, and pay part of the commission up front, you mean as soon as the commission comes in and paying right off then and there or like paying a part of "supposed" commission upfront? Since I don't know how much it would make the first month, then the second and subsequent months. I can't just say a price, it might be too low since I can't pay too much of a high price right from the beginning. If the former is what you meant, then the commission would be paid as soon as the patreon revenue would be transferred to my account. I guess it's at the 1st of each month. But the first of the earnings might come after the launch of the demo, second it might take a maximum of 2 months to create a good enough of a demo, long enough for others to see the prospect and get subscriptions for it and then the third or the fourth month is when it might start making any money during which any revenue that comes, any revenue would be available. Or else it might depend on what the artist demands at the beginning as a part of the commission. That is what the "any questions or queries..." line is for :D :D

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#4 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I have a feeling that the example images you linked to were made with Daz3D (perhaps something you could learn yourself, though you will have to pay for assets). Still, start paying with 40% revenue of what? Of the kickstarter? How much work will need to be done before the kickstarter is ready? Have you done kickstarter before? How much money have you personally raised for similar projects in the past?

I think you will need to offer more money up front and prove that you bring as much to the table as your potential artist does or else be realistic with your standards.

Where are your prior games? What are your accomplishments? Where is your portfolio/resume? Unless you are paying up front, you need to prove your worth first.

GhostRider X

#5 Post by GhostRider X »

ComputerArt.Club wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:17 am I have a feeling that the example images you linked to were made with Daz3D (perhaps something you could learn yourself, though you will have to pay for assets). Still, start paying with 40% revenue of what? Of the kickstarter? How much work will need to be done before the kickstarter is ready? Have you done kickstarter before? How much money have you personally raised for similar projects in the past?

I think you will need to offer more money up front and prove that you bring as much to the table as your potential artist does or else be realistic with your standards.

Where are your prior games? What are your accomplishments? Where is your portfolio/resume? Unless you are paying up front, you need to prove your worth first.
Daz3D >> True that's what is used. I surely can learn, but I find myself incapable of learning how to be creative. Assets yeah, that require money of it's own.
Kickstarter >> I haven't ever done a kickstarter. I don't think patreon is just a kickstarter though but keeps a revenue coming. First project ever, haven't done anything like it before. So no money raised with these stuff ever.

As for the amount of work needed, more or less around 200 to 300 renders for the first release. Though that might change to being either easier with the usage of sprites or harder with the concept I would have. Though the concept can be made as a goal instead of working from the start.

Prior games, none as for now. As I said above it would be my first project. No accomplishments, no portfolio or resume as such either too. My skills lie in programming, I don't have an accomplishment set to show the world but I love modding for myself, android and java modding, debugging. I know several languages C, C++, C#, python (med-advanced user), HTML, java and some others. I can easily learn about an engine in some weeks. Not more than 3, that's only while I am working on it. I've done several modding and debugging from other's mods, for others scripts hacks codes mods and whatnot on XDA but for personal use. That is all there is to it.

Paying up-front? I don't think I would be capable of, but I can assure you that I'll be delivering the first release before the second month and that would be the speed I would need other team members to be working on with me. If I am being quick then I would want them to be quick too. The third month will show you how much of the earning it would make or be able to raise. If you want to how much worth it is, then wager on it how much it will be able to make in it's first month after it's first release and if it doesn't prove to be satisfactory then feel free to leave with whatever the earning there will be, it will make for the first month. I can deliver the demo in one month either but I don't have the funds to do so and hence I would have the others working at a normal pace.

If you don't feel satisfied with the concepts I would have then feel free to not work. I would have put a price for upfront if I had, but since I don't that's all I can say. It'd be a wager of first or second month only. I am fairly capable to utilise renpy enough for the ideas and concepts I have.

And my standards, there sometimes is a prospect and a belief. I have a belief that I can easily get it kickstarted and get enough attention for a lot of patrons and earning after it's first release. If you want to work with me that'd be the gamble everyone would be taking in. I'm not the one to eat out on other's money or work. I can give a little bit of intro or the concepts I have with it but alas I'll hold onto the main concept of it for the time being.

And it's not like I am trying to save money, sorry. For whom I have the budget I can spare for I will pay. I am paying the writer from my pockets already when I don't even have the artist. If I am unable to find one I'd still be paying him, put a halt to the project and find some artist to work upon it.
So sorry if anyone thinks about standards achievements and prior history with work. I don't think they matter if the end product is something you can deliver with your skills. I'd still be in a loss as to financially at least in terms of the artist who'd be at a loss with his or her time and work. Besides if that doesn't work he/she can always sell them or utilise them in some way for them to make some money out of them still. What would I be able to do with just 1/5th or 1/10th of an unfinished story? My wages and loss will still be far worse than that, wouldn't they? If anyone disagrees with me, feel free to give out their own opinion.

(and sorry for the bad english, it is not my native language and I am totally sleepy as of right now ha, haha sorry)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by fleet »

I'd recommend waiting to recruit an artist until after you have a demo version. You can use placeholder art or even stick figures for the demo.
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

GhostRider X

#7 Post by GhostRider X »

Demo using placeholder art or stick figures is the same as showing the concept, the draft or premise of the story, the ideas included and the script of the story perhaps. I think if that is all an artist wants to see or can be shown in the demo, I think I am fairly able to provide all of that if anyone would want to see it.

If there is anything else a demo can show, please do tell me about it if I missed it from the list. Or if I am wrong anyhow.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#8 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Maybe try a daz3D or poser Facebook group for artists, I did a search and found quite a few. I have also heard of people using a game called the klub 17 for generating artwork like that, though I don’t know much about that. I think if you tried it in a 3D modeling group like for Blender they would tell you to get lost. Too much work is involved in 3D modeling and people won’t help unless paid up front.

GhostRider X

#9 Post by GhostRider X »

Haha, thanks for the advise, I didn't know it was a Blender group and thought here people or artist were of every kind. From Blender to photoshop to poser to Daz to Zbrush or anything at all. Did not know this was a blender group but Facebook group seems nice, do you have some suggestion or links to link to as such group as that ha, just looking for leads although I will look for them myself too.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran

#10 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, this isn’t a Blender group, I was just suggesting that you don’t look for 3D modelers, but rather artists that pose assets as it is less work and thus more likely to agree.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran

#11 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Sorry, I can’t post a link but there is a group called daz3D + poser community, it has 3.1 thousand members. It is a closed group, you will need to apply to join it. There are certainly many artists here, many that do 2D and also some 3D artists, personally, I teach children both 2D and 3D but do mostly 2D in professional work. The standard you are looking would involve a lot of work and skill if done from scratch. Such an artist would need payment up front. However, the communities that I suggested might be able to help you out.

GhostRider X

#12 Post by GhostRider X »

Hi, sorry for the confusion then, I used to thought that working with Daz is the same as character modelling but I guess I was wrong it has assets already modelled and is now a different category altogether. Yeah I get what you meant but my request was for Daz3D only and I think I'll re-edit my post for that part.

My actual thoughts was to use Daz3D only and am looking for such an artist only. There are a lot of customizations that can be done with that. I might have needed some two or three characters modelled from scratch perhaps or maybe they could have worked with Daz to give them the looks I needed but I never meant to work from scratch as I know how much trouble and work that is.

And thanks for the heads up, I am fairly capable of rendering and working on 3D modelling myself, if not as good as that or since my high school days but I could have polished on my skills for that in some months. Unfortunately I don't have the rig for it and that makes things more troublesome. I would have loved to learn myself too. But my laptop goes through some real resource utilizing softwares and programs already since I also work on programming and debugging on the sides. And thus my laptop is only able to handle so much so work. I tried using Daz but it hangs a lot while my other programs are running and even then it is a lot of trouble to close and keep track of things in different softwares running simultaneously. Even photoshop lags on it a lot and I dropped the idea to work on the art myself.

But I only need for one to work through Daz and nothing else, utilize it's different assets and as such. Working on customised models from scratch is a lot of work and I know that too.

By the way, for that group if it is closed and is only for artists how can I apply for it? Can you pm me about how to join or make some recommendations for some artists or make an announcement for me there?

Thanks for the heads up though. I'll change my request above now.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Lead Daz3D artist and character poser needed for a patreon funded 18+ Visual Novel

#13 Post by fleet »

You might want to contact the art department of a local college to see if any students are willing to work on your visual novel. 200 to 300 renders (or more, since you will probably want revisions) is a lot; maybe an art class would take it on as a group project.

GhostRider X

Re: Lead Daz3D artist and character poser needed for a patreon funded 18+ Visual Novel

#14 Post by GhostRider X »

Jeez, 200-300 is just an estimate on a larger average scale. Aren't patreon projects about starting slow? And besides 200-300 per update not per month. And an update can easily take more than a month. Two even three. Who knows? An update that takes longer might need more renders perhaps. That is just an estimate that needs to be worked out, by the writer and the illustrator and the programmer too.

I don't know how I can include everything there in the request but can not be as much clear on an estimate or an average about it as I have. That's fairly just one estimate it is not like the predefined number of renders I would need. Depends on how long the script for each update is and as such. It also depends on the kind of patreons we have and the amount of earning we make. I guess that is the basics on how patreon works. And I am assuming people at least know about it more than me here. So that shouldn't be much of a problem to see the prospect in it. No one knows of the future, but there are risks to everything. It might just start grossing a high patreon amount on it perhaps in an year or an year and a half. That is the assumption to the risk and the high rewards to it. I am sure everyone would be aware of it as much as me.

Kasami

#15 Post by Kasami »

Hello. This may be an old post, but I'd want to know whether the person is still looking for an artist.