Looking for Artist(s) for Minuit Square [GxB] Urban Fantasy

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
darknessafallen
Projects: Minuit Square [GxB]
Tumblr: k-marie-lagesse
Deviantart: darknessafallen

#1 Post by darknessafallen »

Hello

My name is Kat and this is a Free Project. I have been taking my time in putting any information up about the kind of help I need because I wanted to be certain to have all of the information together. I do not want to throw new information at anyone who begins to assist me with this project. The only new information I want to give would pertain to ideas that have already been formed that would be serious spoil alerts. I do not care what type of background or practice the artist(s) may have, if this would be your first VN feel free to send me a message - this is my first VN as well.

My story has been in the making for a good while now, and though I could still learn more about Ren'Py I am positive this is a project that will come together nicely. Anyone who wishes to work on this project with me is open to giving me suggestions to the storyline and any change they think would make the story better. I like hearing the ideas from other people because it could improve the story over all.

*Story*

It is all based in a small community, suburb style, where things are not as they appear. When the MC moves into the community called Minuit Square with her mother to live closer to her brother things begin to go awry when she realizes that no one is as they appear. Her startled run-in with a werewolf ad being saved by a shocking bright blue light opens her eyes to the world around her.

Main Characters: Which I will need two different forms for each when creating the sprites, their human form and their 'woodsmen' form. If you are interested in making the sprites for this VN just send me a message and I will enclose more information on what the secondary form should be like for each - I will also send information on what each character is.

Jillian Taylor: MC, name is up for debate. She is eighteen and a senior in high school, having been held back a year due to a mistake in her homeschooling curricular. As fate would have it her father had been born and raised in the slightly peculiar community and that all may answer why she is a little on the odd side herself. She is sarcastic and artistically-minded. She has a temper, but is easily calmed. She can be considered a little narrow-minded when it comes to the reality around her, but it is more due to naivety of the 'woodsmen' lifestyle. Glamour's use in their world is heavy and common, so normal that it has changed life for the 'woodsmen' as time has passed. She had brown hair, not sure what length at this moment, and pretty hazel eyes. She is 5' 5", which is average height. I just added her concept on DeviantArt for those interested in what I sort of have in mind...
https://www.deviantart.com/darknessafal ... -763495770

Feldynne Stuarts: Is the first love interest that the MC meets during her time in Minuit Square. He lives next door with his mother, who people keep insisting should not be a mother - what is that about? He is 22 years old and is attending the nearby college. He has dark hair and eyes a strange auburn that are too red in hue to really be considered auburn. He is 5' 9". He is shy and polite, but has anger problems. He will avoid most, if not all, questions pertaining to what he is, but always answer questions on their lifestyles. It is often insinuated that Feldynne has burnt people on accident, but no one ever seems to want to explain further.

Ensel Hudson: Is the second love interest that the MC meets, he is also not at all as he first seems. Ensel greets the MC warmly and even gives her a tour of the nearby grocers, where they meet, but his kindness seems practiced and scripted. Ensel is the only character that will openly speak about what he is and what his 'true' form appears like. He is 21 and his real personality is a mystery throughout most of the story. He has wavy golden-brown hair and golden colored eyes. He dresses a little on the odd end, wearing black gloves and a black coat even during the warmer days - what is he hiding? He is 6' 0"

Cassius Oceana: He is also 22 and though he appears friendly and easy to approach tends to put distance between him and anyone who becomes too close to him. Cass does not talk about what he is, but mostly due to the lore than embarrassment. With the MC having lived in the normal world for so long it makes it difficult for him to want to disclose what he is to her. Cass's personality shifts as the story progresses, going from polite and friendly to a little sarcastic and teasing. Cassius has very light-colored hair that is very short and teal colored eyes. He is 5' 8".

Peter Dockindorf: He works at a café near the grocers - his mother owns it. He is mean and harsh, disliking people standing too close to him and people who talk to him all too readily. His friendship with the MC is mostly forced by his bubbly mother. He is the only love interest that attends the high school with the MC and even have the same classes with her. He is 'cousin' to Cass, and though his 'kind' tend to love water, Peter is actually quite terrified of deep water. He acts tough, but in general will always do what people least expect from him and assist those in need. He had hazel-orange hair and blue eyes. He is 6' 4", which often makes everyone mistake him for older than 17.

Canaan Sylvester: He is also 22 years old and works at the office warehouse. He is met when he arrives to their house to set-up the office for the MC's mother. He is naturally charming, but immediately puts space between the MC and him when she is revealed to also be a 'woodsmen' like him. He will dodge any and all questions about the world they live in as well as never talk about what he is. He is, unlike the rest of the characters, ashamed of what he is. (He is the only character I have a very clear idea as to how he looks) He had auburn hair that is a little on the wild end and pretty silver eyes. He is 5' 11".

Other Characters:

Amanda Taylor: MC's mother. She would be a smaller and older version of the MC, but she is bubbly and a little on the conniving side. She has a wide variety of emotions and is very bad at hiding what is on her mind, yet even so she often gets away with her plans. Her life goal seems to be to play part of her daughter's love life. She is mother of two children, Ethan and Jillian. After the passing of her husband, David, she moved to live in the community where her husband had grown up. This is because she realized that her daughter was just like her 'woodsmen' husband and to be closer to her son who had left a few years before due to the same reason.
She would only need a human sprite because she is not a 'woodsmen'. She has brown hair and green eyes. She is 5' 2".

Ethan Taylor: MC's older brother. He had left his family years before when he revealed to be a 'woodsmen' to live with his grandfather and be trained to use his powers. He is thickheaded and angry, but no matter how upset he may be he will always have his family's back. He is close to the MC and does not believe anyone is good enough for her so he makes her life a little difficult on any of the guys if they appear interested in her, including his good friend Canaan. He will need two sprites, one human and one 'woodsmen'. He has brown hair with a tint of silver to it and pretty hazel-green eyes. He is 5' 11".

Kit Flannigan: MC's friend. They never met before arriving, but they grow to become very close. Kit is very beautiful, but normal people are put off by her rather peculiar behavior. Kit is friendly, polite and way too enthusiastic over the color orange. She has long orange hair and pretty green eyes. She is a shape-shifter who can become a rather odd looking fox. Any 'woodsmen' that know Kit can tell when she is around in her fox form because she looks a bit more like an orange kitten than a fox. She is 5' 4". She will need one character sprite and one animal sprite.

There are other characters, but I am still debating having them with sprites, considering they only appear once in a while. I should need a werewolf sprite as well, none of my main characters are werewolves. I wanted to think outside the box and chose different creatures than the ones that are more popular. Yet a werewolf is the reason that the MC discovers the 'woodsmen' lifestyle.

*I will also need a background artist.

I need someone comfortable drawing school facilities, homes (indoor and outdoor), garden, park, café, office depot, neighborhoods, and forests. All in all I tried to make a count of the backgrounds I would need and it would be about thirty-five of them. I can probably get by with less, but I feel that it would look better with at least the 35 I counted up.

I put that I needed artist(s) because I do not want to force such a workload on one sole person, but if anyone feels up to it feel free.

Thanks for your interest! ~Kat.

Primary Email: katrina.la.gesse@gmail.com
Secondary Email: trinalagesse@live.com
DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/darknessafallen

Feel free to contact me however you feel most comfortable. :D

darknessafallen

Re: Looking for Artist(s) for Minuit Square [GxB] Urban Fantasy

#2 Post by darknessafallen »

For anyone who may be interested in this project I might have a sprite artist now. :-)

But I do still need a BG artist... Like... If I could draw a scenery I would, but I can't so I won't. Any amount of experience is fine with me - I'm not picky and I'm not mean. I like all art styles, mostly because I feel like anything different is a little awesome. Feel free to contact me if you are interested at this moment! (I also might need a CG artist, but I'm not sure yet.) Honestly the only art I don't seem to like is my own - ha-ha (bad joke). ;-P

Thanks for your time. ~Kat.

darknessafallen

#3 Post by darknessafallen »

Hello, I have a posting listed under We Are A Free Project Looking For Partners and was informed by someone that if I'm looking for an artist that I should post here.
here is a link to my other posting if you wish to know a little more about this project without talking to me. :-)

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=51747

My name is Kat and we are a free project looking for partners. I do not care about your experience, anyone is allowed to assist in this project.

I believe I have a sprite artist now and am looking for a background artist willing to draw 35+ backgrounds.
Some scenes would be:
*High School campus (classroom, cafeteria, art room, parking lot and hall way)
*Neighborhood (front of MC's house, backyard, street w/park, park)
*shops indoor and up front (café, flower shop, office depot, grocers)
*forest (forest edge, lake surrounded by trees, and rune stones)
*Inside MC's house (living room, kitchen, bedroom and office)
If you are interested let me know and I will give you more details. Of course if you change your mind and do not wish to assist in this project after receiving more details I can't change your mind. But I am grateful for the interest. :-)

I also need a CG artist. I have five (maybe six if I think this out better) and 12+ endings I would like to place. I would like to have a CG for each ending plus two for certain points in the storyline. If you are interested don't be shy to send me a message. :-) I don't mind.

Thanks for your time and your interest. ~Kat.

[ Merged here, since this wasn't right for "I am an artist..." - PyTom ]

af idaht
Projects: Pipe Dream by Notome Games

#4 Post by af idaht »

Hello, I can be a background artist. Though Im still in training and since it's a free project can I just focus on the lineart? Of course there will be colour too, but not too detailed. Also, I hope there will be no deadline because Im a highschooler and I will be attending college next year, so Im kind of busy...
I draw!

darknessafallen

#5 Post by darknessafallen »

af idaht wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm Hello, I can be a background artist. Though Im still in training and since it's a free project can I just focus on the lineart? Of course there will be colour too, but not too detailed. Also, I hope there will be no deadline because Im a highschooler and I will be attending college next year, so Im kind of busy...
There's no hurry to finish this project at the meantime. Sorry for taking so long to reply. :-)

Go ahead and send me something of your art to see what you mean - I'm likely to like it though. I just like to see what I'll be working with. :-)

We can talk more about the backgrounds later - a few things suddenly came up and I'm going to be unable to contact anyone for a while. I'll explain more later. If you don't mind showing me asking you to send me a bg of a forest and one of a park with a line of shops on one side and a larger green and yellow grocers on the other? If you have nay questions feel free to contact me whenever you can. I'd hate to distract you from your classwork.

Thanks ~ Kat.

darknessafallen

#6 Post by darknessafallen »

For anyone who is interested in this project and are trying to contact me I should warn you that my gmail is not properly working at this time. I would appreciate it if you would try to contact me through other means until further notice. Thank you.

Also, to af idaht, if my response to you seemed a little rushed or without information I apologize. A few things came up so suddenly that I had not had a chance to clear up my thoughts before replying to you. If you are still interested, please try to contact me or arizaluca who is assisting greatly in this project (arizaluca has more experience in these kinds of things than I do and much better head for it too... haha). I hope you are still interested in this project, we could really use someone who can draw backgrounds. My background art skills just do not exist. I do not mind assisting in details or coloring, if that is fine with you - I know that tinkering or messing with other people's art is a place one should always ask permission first. Of course it is all your choice and as soon as you have time or know just let one of us know. We will be happy to have your assistance. Our approach to this project is one where we're trying to have fun with it, so we aren't on a deadline of any kind. This is my first VN project, though I love writing and spend most of my time drawing up crazy plotlines. I want it to go well so there is no timeframe or deadline or anything really. We're just doing this for fun and hopefully it will amount to something people will like - which is the only end goal at this time. Take all the time you need.

FYI it may be easier to contact me through tumblr since that is where I have been contacting arizaluca through... :-)

Thanks for your interest ~ Kat.
(Only) Email: trinalagesse@live.com