Looking for Proofreader/Beta Tester

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Mokenju

Looking for Proofreader/Beta Tester

#1 Post by Mokenju »

Hello,

I used to participate a lot in this forum more than 10 years ago and it's great to see that new Ren'py iterations are available and PyTom is still holding the fort (or the door :lol: ).

I'm working in a small new visual novel (nothing to fancy as usual), and I would be in need of a native speaker for some proofreading and testing, as unfortunately my English hasn't improved that much with the years (I'm a Spanish native speaker). The game is going to have romance, mistery and some horror notes, and won't be otome centered.

As the game isn't going to be that long, 5-6 hours should be about right for the proofreading plus light testing. The language would be less formal than in The Silent Maiden games so hopefully there should be less grammar errors on my side (to see how ugly my writing can get you can check Host Love, as the Silent Maiden games were awesomely proofreaded by Ignosco).

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help :wink:

PyTom, could I get my old account back, please? I've tried logging in with Mokenju1 and the account seems to no longer exist.

Shadow1

Re: Looking for Proofreader/Beta Tester

#2 Post by Shadow1 »

If you still need any sort of assistance with this, I would be willing to offer whatever help I can give on the matter. I was born in the US and English is my primary language, and with a background as a writer who strives for high quality as much as possible, I do have perspective that I can offer.

Agomphious_Dragon

#3 Post by Agomphious_Dragon »

I'd be very keen to get involved and help out with this project, if you'd let me.

My credentials are that I have a Master's degree in creative writing and am a technical author and fiction writer during the day, I would love to proofread and playtest this new game you're working on both to offer my current skills and to begin making myself more valuable to the game developing world. I've begun dedicating time to developing my first game on RPGMaker and want to expand my horizons in game development, testing, writing, and so forth.

WoLoLoiK

#4 Post by WoLoLoiK »

Hello, is this project still open?

I would be very interested to be a proofreader and game tester.

-Excellent grasp of English
-Very active in Discord, if you have an account there
-Lots of spare time (and if that changes, I will contact you)

Please do reply if interested. Thanks!