Closed for now

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
idreaminsteam

Closed for now

#1 Post by idreaminsteam »

Closed for now, thank you!

(the only people who have art right now)

After the rise of the Magi, Qurona's war with the Ethland Empire came to a quick, decisive victory.
And with so much newfound power, why stop there? The king now rests his sights on the Living Shores. Yet, it is not territory he wants, but something else ... something too dangerous to be in this world.
Will he succeed? Not if our slightly dysfunctional heroes have any say in it.

(Route 1)
Libby - a mercenary who's spent most of her shifts drinking, gambling, and generally not doing her job. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. The major reassigns her to a different branch of the guild, one that involves plenty of hard work; even a bit of mortal peril.

Corden (pictured first) - is too young to be a squad leader, but ended up as one anyway. When it comes to fighting, he proves to be capable enough. When it comes to other things, like making good decisions ... eh. Maybe he would make better ones if something wasn't hounding him so.

(Route 2)
Merri - her mother wanted her to follow in her footsteps and become a court illuminator, but Merri's clumsy hands wouldn't allow for that. So she works as a scribe, though she's not very good at that either. When she receives the purple envelope, she wonders if it could be the cure for her problems.

Petyr (pictured second) - he and his uncle run a tavern in the city, but his heart belongs to the Living Shores, where he was born. Always the curious one, he chases after new sights and adventures. Even so, the bundle that is dropped on his doorstep may bring more excitement than he'd like.

(Route 3)
Rhea - a priestess-in-training who is less concerned about spiritual enlightenment than she is the very human realm of politics. Occasionally, alone in her room, she can be heard talking fondly to someone.

Falshur - has no intention of cooperating, and every intention of being a pain in the ass. They say he is mad, and truth be told, there is something unnerving about those eyes. What secrets does he hold? More importantly, would he ever let them go?

-----

So the outline is almost done, but I thought it would be good to have someone preemptively give feedback and help me close up some last plot holes I've been wrangling with, because honestly, I'm pretty burnt out on this plotting thing. If you're interested, I'll eventually need an editor too, although I figure I should wait until there's some writing done.
Bonus points if you have experience with fantasy or medieval settings. Also, warning that the story is convoluted (the outline is 13 pages long ...)
For compensation, I was hoping to do a trade - I could edit something of yours, or draw you things :-) either way, you will be credited and eternally appreciated!

If you're interested or have questions, send me a message or chat me up on Discord (idreaminsteam#1536).
Thank you!
Last edited by idreaminsteam on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

Re: [Trade] Fantasy otome - looking for opinions/ideas on outline

#2 Post by demonicbagel »

Greetings. I may be able to assist you with this if you desire. I have been writing for more than 20 years though I have yet to get a visual novel project of my own done. I feel I am quite adept at plotting and editing, and I am quite the history nerd, so I might be able to assist you with anything fantasy medieval in regards to like... culture questions or technological limitations.... or at the very least feed you interesting, but maybe less useful information for gags :P

I could also probably assist with editing. I pride myself on my almost flawless spelling and grammar (and i quickly look to see if I am spelling something wrong or using grammar improperly and correct myself asap)

If you would like to discuss things, feel free to contact me. At the very least, we could throw ideas back and forth and, who knows? Maybe we could come up with something totally awesome for later down the line on top of everything. Wouldn't that be something?

In any case, I hope you succeed in your endeavors and bring smiles to all who read your creations. I feel that we succeed as writers as long as we can bring fascination, joy, and emotion to even one person who reads our writing.

Happy Writing,

DB.
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee