NaNoReno 2019 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
fmjaye
Regular
Projects: Blackout City (webcomic)
Tumblr: fakemagicjaye

NaNoReno 2019 General Recruitment Thread

#1 Post by fmjaye »

I've been wondering when someone was going to make a recruitment thread for a while so I guess it's time to make it myself! ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ I'm just going to use the same template from the past few years, I hope that's okay. Thanks to Deji for the original!

------------------------------------------------------------

❋ So you want to participate in NaNoRenO 2015 2019? ❋

Unless you're working solo, you probably need a group! Or maybe you already have a group but could use more members!
Go ahead and post your or your group's information so people can contact you!

➤ A person looking for a group

Please list your skills and the things you're willing to contribute with, and if you have any preferences!

Example 1:
I'm an artist!
I can contribute character designs, character sprites and a few CGs (full screen, cut-ins, or chibis, not more than 4 full screen CGs).
I can't do backgrounds or GUI.
I'd like to work on a romance GxB game if possible! No BxB, no nudity, no abuse or violence, please :'3
I can communicate via forum Private Messages!
Thanks!
Example 2:
I'm a programer.
I'm good at basic coding, along with coding custom GUI and some ATL elements (within reason).
I'm looking to work on any kind of project, I'm not picky!
I'm okay with communicating through e-mail or Skype chat.

➤ A group looking for more members

Please list the basic, spoiler-free characteristics, tags/warnings and mood of the idea you have, what kind of people are you looking for and how you plan to communicate!

Example 1:
Our group is working on a non-romantic slice of life comedy with magical elements set in japanese high school!
We have a programer, writer and a musician, but we *really* need an artist!
The story will have 3 characters and as many CGs as the artist can cram in during March.
We have a Skype chat group set up for meetings, so Skype availability would be great (don't worry, no voice chat!)
Example 2:
We're working on a BxG bittersweet story about hard choices in life and moving on from the past. There will be mentions of abuse.
We're specifically looking for a Background artist.
If you can design a custom GUI or contribute with some music, that'd be great!
We plan to work using Trello.

* If you're a solo person with an idea you'd like people to help you with, you're better posting as a group =)

Happy NaNo-ing! :'D

------------------------------------------------------------

And here's my entry~

Hi! My name is Jaye, and I'm an artist. I'd like to do sprites or CGs this year.
My preference is to work on something strange (surreal/horror) or BL... or both. :v
The best place to find my art is prolly @fakemagicjaye on tumblr.

I'm really excited for this~ ✧٩(。•ㅅ•。)و✧ Again, happy Nano-ing!!

NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: NaNoReno 2019 General Recruitment Thread

#2 Post by NaiDriftlin »

We're hosting a live meet and greets in the Devtalk+ Discord on the 16th at 12:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM EST, and 8:00 PM EST to help with team-finding, free resource building and brainstorming. We'll also be running group pomodoro work sprints all though out the month to help with productivity.

Our server is structured to allow self-assignment of job roles and we have channels specifically dedicated to Nano. You and anyone else are welcome to join, set up your roles and start team building!

https://discord.gg/VzM6DeQ

We'll see you on the 16th!
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD

AlfalfaTheRoach
Tumblr: alfalfatheroach

#3 Post by AlfalfaTheRoach »

Hey, folks! Our group are working on a slice-of-life comedy story with magical elements staring a layabout high schooler who wishes for a life of leisure. We currently have a writer and a sprite artist, but we are in need of a background artist, a CG artist, a musician, and a programmer. If you fit these credentials and would like to help out, we would love to have you over at our Discord channel!

https://discord.gg/Z3TGMA

We hope to see you there!
Last edited by AlfalfaTheRoach on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

#4 Post by Marionette »

I'm a programmer and this year I'm offering GUI programming services, if you can provide the assets, I can provide the code. :3

If you want to see some samples of my work you can find my personal games, as well as a list of games I worked on as a programmer here:
https://marionette.itch.io/

Let me know if this is something you or your team would be interested in!

Vickety

#5 Post by Vickety »

I'm an artist that can do sprites, designs, & cg, I've never attempted bgs or gui but willing to try. I usually have a painted style but if needed I can use linearts instead, it just might take longer. I can't work on anything 18+ or draw muscular/ mecha/ gory material, best at cute girls mostly. Personally I would love to help out on a GxG game or any really, you can contact me on here via PM!
My work likes to schedule me on weekday nights and weekend day shifts but I'll try to be as responsive as I can!

Edit; thank you guys! I was able to find a group :D
Last edited by Vickety on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poxni

#6 Post by Poxni »

I'm a trans voice actress willing to offer my voice! Check out my demo reel here: https://soundcloud.com/teffiniwynn/step ... -reel-2019

Contact me at https://twitter.com/TeffiniWynn if interested!

Czero

#7 Post by Czero »

I'm a writer looking to join or make a group.

Here is my writing thread on the forums: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50859

An early game I made: https://c-zero.itch.io/alpha-v2-719/dow ... xgi2M6Noav

An example of prose I've written: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U2V ... sp=sharing

and another script example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bpc ... sp=sharing

I HAVE FOUND A GROUP
Last edited by Czero on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visual novel lover and maker...

Works in progress: A Little Bit of Happiness viewtopic.php?f=59&t=54385

I'm looking for writing work viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50859

banannasquid
Completed: Stalker and Yandere
Projects: Stalker and Yandere
Tumblr: banannasquid
Deviantart: infinitytentacle

#8 Post by banannasquid »

Whats up dudes. I draw stuff and I'm looking to join a group for this year's nanoreno. This'll by my third year doing it, so I have an idea of what its like and how to manage my time (hopefuly). I do BG's and CG's when it comes to visual novels, though I can do sprites if absolutely necessary. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in my services.

Samples of my drawings can be found here:

artstation: https://www.artstation.com/banannasquid (Most of my BG's are here)

twitter: https://twitter.com/soylatte_art
Last edited by banannasquid on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Finished projects:

Sarchalen
Regular
Projects: Sugawara Chronicle

#9 Post by Sarchalen »

Hi everyone! Sarchalen Team here! We're planning a new project for Nano this year that we think you're really going to enjoy! It's a fantasy action/character drama set in a frozen wasteland focused around a squad of skydiving adventurers.

The game will be developed under our studio, Sarchalen, and will be our 3rd VN project and our second Nanoreno. We are three experienced writers , A programmer, a composer, and a sprite artist. We're looking to add a CG artist, especially one looking to do a variety of different kinds of drawings, a GUI artist or programmer, or both :D , an editor, and anyone who feels they can add something special to this project!

The Concept:

Genre: Sci/Fantasy, Action, Character Drama

Setting: A snowy wasteland somewhere between steampunk and high fantasy. A world of magic with a dark theme.

Synopsis:
Tallara had never set foot on the ground, until he enlisted in the Royal Spirelands Kingdom's Navy. Dispatched aboard the RSKN Airship Erebus, he trained with Flanker Section 33 as the team's newest Firefly, a specialized airborne fighter with powerful magic from The Spirelands. Below, on the continent of Illania, the Consecrated Army pushes back against the powerful Shuvur invaders. With their brutal, magic-wielding Ice Wraiths, the enemy has made significant advances into Illanian territory, devastating everything in their path. Week after week, Tallera is left behind, deemed unready for combat. But strange events begin to unfold aboard the Erebus and his luck takes a turn when he, and two other misfits, Laverna and Magnus, are called to duty under a mysterious new squad leader, a beautiful Illanian Striker named Iris. Together, the four of them will skydive from safety of the airship into the frozen world below on a special mission to end the war and reclaim their lost world.

Goals:
30-40k words
1 main story with branching dialogues
Fully original art including sprites, backgrounds, GUI etc.

If you're interested in working with us on this project, send us a message on here or email us at contact@sarchalen.com We look forward to hearing from you! You can also come hang out with us on Discord https://discord.gg/Xt3A5nR
Last edited by Sarchalen on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor_Hart123
Deviantart: Phantom4532
Soundcloud: Taylor Hart

#10 Post by Taylor_Hart123 »

Group Found
Hi I'm Taylor Hart, I am a composer. I have been composing for a year and a half. I am best at ambient type stuff but I've been working hard to expand into different styles as well. I am willing to compose 4-5 tracks, maybe more but I can't promise more than that as I have school. I can also help brainstorm ideas too, if you need that as well, but I'm primarily wanting to compose.

I'm willing to work on any projects other than 18+ projects. So feel free to PM me.

I'm on discord as well: Taylor567#5147

My soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/taylor-hart-536905674

I can also send you some of my other tracks if you are interested.
Last edited by Taylor_Hart123 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godsavant

#11 Post by godsavant »

I'm a sprite/CG artist available for a project. This will be my second NaNoReno, so I'm open to try anything except fantasy VNs (not my forte). I can also do BGs, but in that case I'd rather not be the only artist on board.

Here's a link to a folder of some sample art, including work I did for last year's jam: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/np1vau6c1afj ... gW4Ma?dl=0

Contact me via Twitter at @godsavant. Once the jam starts we can communicate via Discord.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#12 Post by Fungii »

I am an artist~~
I can do character design and sprites, and 2/3 CGs, though they will be in a chibi style like this.
I'm not too picky with genre, though I'd like to do horror maybe? My other bias is GxB where I am able to make at least 1 boy that isn't a bishounen type (i'm here to diversity otome bois)
Shoot me a PM and if we team up I can talk thru discord!

Working with sunlit-dreamer!
Last edited by Fungii on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoshibb
Veteran

#13 Post by yoshibb »

Hi all! This will be my 4th official nanoreno game. I've been playing around with this idea for years and I've already started the sprites for everyone (since there are too many to complete in one month)

Concept: Solar System Romance Game

Setting: Space, Planet Surface, Structures Fantasy Themed

Sypnosis: Once every millennium, Sun (MC) holds a huge gathering of the planetary spirits. While Sun has found herself down in the dumps recently -- a relationship with Terra (Earth) that is on the rocks and what she now considers a largely mundane, solitary existence -- she hopes that the get together will brighten things up. However, after Terra ruins her event with his reckless behavior, Sun decides it's time to play the field and chooses a new planetary partner.
Notes: Planets and Sun personalities will be based off of their real counterparts (Example: Mercury is dense, suffers from extreme hot and cold temperatures, has the most craters of any planet and has a weak magnetic field = has trouble relating and making friends, has mood swings, and covers up majority of body to hide scars.)

Recruiting:
Writer/Programmer: familiar with Ren'py (I wouldn't mind having multiple people for this. My plan is to only do 1 maybe 2 routes along with a prologue and considering there are 9 planets, there's plenty of options.)
BG artist: I can likely do some of these but it would be nice to have help. I'd like some Palace interior spaces which I'm not the greatest at.
CG artist: I wasn't planning to have CGs considering the workload but if anyone's interested in doing one per route, that would be nice.

Who I'm looking for: I'm looking for partners, not just resource help if you understand what I mean. The more experience you have with nanoreno and visual novels, the better. This is just because I hate leaving projects unfinished and this is supposed to be a fun and short VN. Also, social media experience and communication is a huge plus. I'm just... not the best at marketing >.>' Send me a message if you're interested.

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

#14 Post by Neeka »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Neeka on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#15 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Greetings, this is Sunlit once again throwing my towel into the ring. This will be my 5th time participating, if only so I don't forget how to code.

I'm mainly a writer with a little experience from coding the last 4 nanos I've been in.

Depending on who I team up with, I'll be writing either a horror as I tend to do or an otome. Whether it'll be fluffy or not will depend on who I group with since I wish to discuss the nano while there's still time before it begins.

We're going with a horror otome.

Just send me a pm here on lemmasoft, and I'll provide my Discord.

Team so far:

Writer/Coder: Sunlit-Dreamer

Sprite/CG Artist: Fungii

GUI Artist: Camy

As a reminder to everyone: Please edit your post as you gain members of your team to avoid the situation where you would have to turn others down.
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage